thank you note?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twoACES

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just had my first med school interview. it was at VCU this past week and i think (hope) it was ok.

do you folks usually send a thank you note/letter following an interview? if so, via email or postal mail? and addressed to who? the interviewer and/or dean?

thanks for your time fellas.

-dl

Members don't see this ad.

twoACES said:
i just had my first med school interview. it was at VCU this past week and i think (hope) it was ok.

do you folks usually send a thank you note/letter following an interview? if so, via email or postal mail? and addressed to who? the interviewer and/or dean?

thanks for your time fellas.

-dl

hi there,
I would send a note, whether email or an actual note to the interviewer, thanking them for taking the time to meet with you. I think regardless of how the interview went in your estimation this is just a nice polite thing to do.

theres a thread about this already...try searching for it but i believe the consensus was hand written (postal) and addressed to the interviewer

Members don't see this ad :)
While it's being discussed...

I sent a note to one interviewer but not the others. I want to send one to my Jefferson interviewer because I think he'll appreciate it. But I ran out of stationery :p...anybody have suggestions? I don't really have an opportunity to buy stationery before I want to send the thing...though I guess I could try...but it would be great if there were another option

Personally I think they are lame, I didn't send anything. After I got accepted I did thank my interveiwer in person though.

Long Dong said:
Personally I think they are lame, I didn't send anything.
I'm in the same boat. Personally, I sent one thank you letter and it was to an interviewer with who I really "hit it off." I don't think it's necessary at all, but if you guys think it will help your chances (or if you won't be able to sleep at night thinking about how horrible a person you are for not sending your interviewer a thank you card), go for it. I don't think it could hurt you.

Never sent in thank you notes and was accepted to various schools. Notes are nice but NOT a must and nobody really has time to pour over hundreds of them. Do it if you feel compelled to but there is really no advantage to it.

ditto.
thank you notes never got me in. I only sent them if I really wanted to thank an interviewer who I hit it off with.