Thank you note

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Aug 15, 2002.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member

How can I make a thank you note better. What can I say besides the simple "Thank you for writing a letter of recommendation for me." I want to write something nice. Any suggestions. If you don't mind, could you share your thank you notes with me. You may PM me if you don't want to post it on this board for too many people to read. I promise I will not plagiarize. I just want to get an idea.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I really appreciate your taking the time...blah, blah, blah.....and especially the fact that you were so prompt about sending it off...blah, blah, blah, LOR's are so important in the medschool application process, so it really means a lot to me...blah, blah, blah. Enjoyed working for/with you and/or studying under you, blah, blah, blah......insert some personal stuff. Does that help?

4. Bikini Princess

would it be gauche' to include homemade cookies with your thank-you note? after all, the letter is already written.. :confused:

5. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    I was thinking about buying my Physics professor a brewski.

6. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member

I gave all of my letter writers a $15 gift card to Starbucks (all professors are caffine addicts), which was inserted into a thank you card. The gist of the card was basically what SMW said. Just take your time to come up w/ a meaningful, yet short, note and write it on all the cards and changing the name accordingly. Voila! :cool: