Thank you note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can I make a thank you note better. What can I say besides the simple "Thank you for writing a letter of recommendation for me." I want to write something nice. Any suggestions. If you don't mind, could you share your thank you notes with me. You may PM me if you don't want to post it on this board for too many people to read. I promise I will not plagiarize. I just want to get an idea.

Members don't see this ad.

I really appreciate your taking the time...blah, blah, blah.....and especially the fact that you were so prompt about sending it off...blah, blah, blah, LOR's are so important in the medschool application process, so it really means a lot to me...blah, blah, blah. Enjoyed working for/with you and/or studying under you, blah, blah, blah......insert some personal stuff. Does that help?

would it be gauche' to include homemade cookies with your thank-you note? after all, the letter is already written.. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Bikini Princess
would it be gauche' to include homemade cookies with your thank-you note? after all, the letter is already written.. :confused:

I was thinking about buying my Physics professor a brewski.

I gave all of my letter writers a $15 gift card to Starbucks (all professors are caffine addicts), which was inserted into a thank you card. The gist of the card was basically what SMW said. Just take your time to come up w/ a meaningful, yet short, note and write it on all the cards and changing the name accordingly. Voila! :cool: