Thank You Note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my first interview.

I want to send some kind of thank you note. Would it be bad to send a thank you e-mail (which will get there much faster)? Or should I stick with something that's written?

On the subject of "thank you notes", is it just a brief letter, or some kind of greeting card? Or does it not matter either way?

Members don't see this ad.

Deinitely do NOT email. Either type a brief letter or handwrite on a card. Keef it short and try to recall something the you talked about during the interview. Good luck!

I completely agree with acab.. do NOT email!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was speaking to a friend regarding this...and he told me that his premed committee infact told him to SEND EMAIL thank you notes! Atleast immediately after the interview, because going extravagant right after the interview might look like you are pushing a bit too much...

I don't know..I am quite confused bout what to do myself...:rolleyes:

do not, do not email (emphatic advice of my premed committee). write a brief note and slip it in the mail. a few sentences at most.

don't overextend your thank-you, though. thank interviewers for their time, maybe mention something in particular that you remember from the conversation, or something that else that's genuine. if you try to make the interview much more important than it was for you or overemphasize something else, it will come across. But, if the school has become your definite #1 choice after the interview, it doesn't hurt to bring that up.

if you write it soon after, we're only talking a week or so til they get it.

I would be much more impressed by a short non-a** kissing thank you note written by hand. I get a million e-mails a day and a hand written note just sticks better. It's what I did without fail on the interview trail and it worked well for me. cheers.

I had an interviewer specifically state that the best way to contact him was by email. I'd really say its a case by case kinda thing