"Thank You" notes got lost by USPS...worth to send by email two weeks post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeaHusky

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know "Thank You" notes don't factor much (if at all) into admissions decisions, but after checking the delivery code issued by USPS for both hard copies sent to my faculty and student interviewers, I realized that both were lost in circulation (smh). I interviewed at this school exactly two weeks ago. Is it worth it to send electronic copies over email to the admissions office (separate notes for both interviewers attached) and explaining the snafu? I just feel bad that they never received them, and I personalized both of them heavily due to having incredible conversations with both.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I know "Thank You" notes don't factor much (if at all) into admissions decisions, but after checking the delivery code issued by USPS for both hard copies sent to my faculty and student interviewers, I realized that both were lost in circulation (smh). I interviewed at this school exactly two weeks ago. Is it worth it to send electronic copies over email to the admissions office (separate notes for both interviewers attached) and explaining the snafu? I just feel bad that they never received them, and I personalized both of them heavily due to having incredible conversations with both.

I would say don't resend an email now since it's already been 2 weeks and as you said, TY notes aren't a huge factor in whether you get accepted or not.

In the future, send your TY notes through email rather than snail mail.

Reactions: 2 users
Send emails, and make mention that the others got lost by USPS.

“Since my original letters got lost by the USPS, I am now sending mothers notes via email....”

Members don't see this ad :)
At a school I interviewed at, they said you can send thank you notes via email or snail mail. But they said that they really don't matter at all. Like no factor into admissions and only send them if you want. I am getting the impression that they really don't look at thank you letters and just made these policies so they can find an easy way to locate them rather than have premeds looking up offices and whatever online and sending mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

Only if your mom taught you to be polite.

Your fate has already been determined,. The notes won't affect the Adcom's decision

Checking to see if the notes had been delivered makes me worry about you.

• Haha
Checking to see if the notes had been delivered makes me worry about you.
I agree with Goro.

Sea Husky, Instead of resending a Thank You note (they might still show up, after all), I suggest emailing a question based on an element of the conversation (which you can refer to) that you had with each adcomm. Do not refer to the previous note at all. In sending it through email, you make it easy for the adcomm to respond.