Thank you to all my pre-allo peeps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into medical school today. And it's local so my husband can keep his job and my mom can watch my kids for me. Woohoo! Wanted to take this chance to thank everyone on SDN because I literally would not be in this spot today if it weren't for SDN. A few years ago I came on here and posted "Get into med school with F's on my transcript?" and got a bunch of really supportive replies. Every step since then has been with the help of everyone on here. These past 6 months of applying were hellish and I think I would have had a nervous breakdown if it weren't for my "which secondaries are out" crew. So thank you, SDN. You are beautiful. Happy holidays! Ho ho ho...:)

Members don't see this ad.

Always great to hear such awsome news!

Congrats and best of luck in med school! :luck:

I got into medical school today. And it's local so my husband can keep his job and my mom can watch my kids for me. Woohoo! Wanted to take this chance to thank everyone on SDN because I literally would not be in this spot today if it weren't for SDN. A few years ago I came on here and posted "Get into med school with F's on my transcript?" and got a bunch of really supportive replies. Every step since then has been with the help of everyone on here. These past 6 months of applying were hellish and I think I would have had a nervous breakdown if it weren't for my "which secondaries are out" crew. So thank you, SDN. You are beautiful. Happy holidays! Ho ho ho...:)

Hoorayz. congrats- what school?

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations!! :)

congrats. havent been around long enough to have contributed to your success but hopefully one day i'll be writing one of these same messages

Congratulations!!! Precious baby, too!

Glad to hear that Christmas came early MVDM. You've certainly more than earned it!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
So happy for you!!!!!!!!! Way to go MVDM!!!! I knew you'd come out winning :thumbup:

MiesVanDerMom said:
I got into medical school today. And it's local so my husband can keep his job and my mom can watch my kids for me. Woohoo! Wanted to take this chance to thank everyone on SDN because I literally would not be in this spot today if it weren't for SDN. A few years ago I came on here and posted "Get into med school with F's on my transcript?" and got a bunch of really supportive replies. Every step since then has been with the help of everyone on here. These past 6 months of applying were hellish and I think I would have had a nervous breakdown if it weren't for my "which secondaries are out" crew. So thank you, SDN. You are beautiful. Happy holidays! Ho ho ho...
Word G. ;)

It couldn't have happened to a better person (excluding me of course ;) )

Members don't see this ad :)
Fantastic MVDM! I am glad that everything has worked out so well for you. And wow, just before Christmas too, now thats killer :thumbup:

congrats! yay for med school!

Amazing, fantastic, and all things wonderful :clap: ! Merry Christmas, too!

Christopher Gardner said:
"Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me... You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it."

excelsior!

You go MVDM!!!! That is the best news I've heard on this forum! CONGRATS!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(PS - yes, it was my goal was to use more emoticons than anyone so far.... mission accomplished)

Congratulations!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CONGRATS!!!!
Definitely well deserved!
Good luck, and happy holidays!

Congratulations! You are very inspiring...This is so awesome...and I am so happy it worked out well for you. Good Luck! :)

This is the best post I've seen in a long, long time! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story! Now.....someone get that precious baby a balloon!!! :)

Even though I don't really know you, but I am very happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have happy holidays!

Nice to see some good news.

Congratulations MVDM!
-Dr. P.

I got into medical school today. And it's local so my husband can keep his job and my mom can watch my kids for me. Woohoo! :)

Congrats! Glad it all worked out for you and your family! You're an inspiration! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Congratulations!! :hardy: I am SO f-ing excited for you, I can't even stand it. The Badminton Queen, MD.

xo
J

word, MVDM rocks the house big time!!! i am so happy for you (even though this is a very delayed congratufreakinlations)!!!

:love:

word, MVDM rocks the house big time!!! i am so happy for you (even though this is a very delayed congratufreakinlations)!!!

:love:
wow talk about delayed congratulations :p

congrats from me too!

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! I am soooooo incredibly happy for you! I remember your posts from last year wondering about your chances and getting worried as the application season went on. You finally made it!!! :thumbup: :clap: :hardy:

I'm late too but I just have to congratulate you!!! You're an inspiration for all of us!

I'm just bumping because I love me some MDVM. Congrats again!:clap: :horns: :hardy: (I really do feel that those are underutilized smilies)

Also, I'm thinking that "underutilized" is just one of those words that always looks misspelled even if it is correct. I've googled it, spell checked it, the works... apparently it's correct and it still looks like crap.

I'm just bumping because I love me some MDVM. Congrats again!:clap: :horns: :hardy: (I really do feel that those are underutilized smilies)

Also, I'm thinking that "underutilized" is just one of those words that always looks misspelled even if it is correct. I've googled it, spell checked it, the works... apparently it's correct and it still looks like crap.

Actually, the proper spelling is "undirudeleyesd" ;)