Thank you to all the psychiatrists out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaememe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've always led a solitary life, but I've always been aware of my surroundings. However, it wasn't until recently that I noticed that I've been choosing to ignore what I'm aware of, if that makes sense. I suddenly realized that the amount of people around me who are suicidal, depressed, have addiction problems, or are stressed out of their mind and mentally pressured, is tremendous. So I'd like to thank you for helping people with their problems and reaching out to society's chaos. It may not mean much coming from some high school kid, but thank you very much for relieving this world's people of whatever troubles they may have.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for the post. It's a cruel reality how much people struggle internally and feel alone. Society makes this out to be a weakness only because so many are vulnerable to feeling this way and choose to shame others in order to feel superior rather than recognize their own weakness. You have received the most important message, that you are not so lonely as you fear. I wish us mental health professionals were better at valuing this connection, because honestly we are not anywhere near as good as we want or imagine to be at addressing suicide, depression, addiction, or mental pressure.

Reactions: 1 users