Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

thanking interviewer

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bruinkid, Nov 21, 2002.

1. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

is it ok to thank your interviewer by e-mail?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

It isn't necessary to thank them -- and it won't affect your application. I think that a card is nicer, but if you really want to email, go ahead.

4. Iron Horse

Iron Horse The luckiest man
    7+ Year Member

Card/letter sent as soon as possible is the most appropriate way to go.

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

just send them a card. it doesn't take much time. staples sells 20 cards for ~$6.50 in the stationary section.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

ha! keep thinking that, please, for the rest of us...

thank you notes are essential, and always write them out. Anything else would be uncivilised.

7. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    emailing is fine. i think it was at gw that they (they being darell) said it actually makes more sense to email since there is so much paper traffic around the adcoms, if you really want to send your thanks, it might be more convenient.

all four schools i've been accepted to: emailed thank you notes to all interviewers (and only because i honestly enjoyed the interview) :cool:

8. jot

jot

i'm a big proponent of e-mailing people - and moreover, only people you really want to thank. nothing is lamer than a generic thank you note, seems reflexive and insincere in my opinion - but whatever works for you. e-mail is good cause its convenient for them, and they respond back (forcing them to think of you and a response), as opposed to chucking your letter in the trash after 2 seconds of reading it. i don't think it affects your app in anyway (i've gotten into places i simply haven't had time to send thankyous) - all the more reason to write selected, sincere notes(or e-mails). ofcourse people have their own opinions, and do what you may - this is just my take.

-jot