Thanks a lot, MCAT! (And other horrid Pre-Allo Dreams)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I wake up this morning after having the most terrible nightmare.

I thought I scored a 36 on my MCAT from reading my very messed up score report, and then found that I had scored a 15 on the MCAT! *hurk* Even worse, I got a message from my advisor, saying that a 15 was salvageable. I was prepared to throw myself off a cliff as my dream of becoming a doctor was smashed to smithereens.

So, do share your stupidest school/application/MCAT related dreams, and laugh at how silly they were! =3

*knock on wood, I did take the MCAT on Thursday*

Members don't see this ad.

never had any, i'm normal

Members don't see this ad :)
The night before I took the MCAT in May, I had two dreams.

1) I was taking the test, finished, and left the test center, only to realize about 15 minutes later that I had forgotten to do one of the sections. I rushed back to the center to try to finish (thinking maybe I still had time left... nonsensical I know) and the computer was off.

I woke up, managed to pass out again, and then had this dream:

2) I left early to make it to the MCAT on time (about 30-40 minutes away) and soon realized that I didn't know where the test was. I pull over and ask some random lady, who goes on to give me directions. Instead of getting back in my car, however, I accidentally get on a bike and start biking. I'm on my bike for awhile before I realize that I'll never make it in time, and end up waking up in a sweat cursing myself for losing the registration fee and needing to reschedule.

Anyway, things turned out ok.

I had a dream about taking the MCAT and acing it, it was good, and I woke up.

I was taking the MCAT.

I dreamt I got accepted to last cycle's #1 and woke to find the waitlist notification in my mailbox.:(

I had a dream about 2 years before the MCAT that I was taking it in my bathtowel and I didnt have time to put clothes on. I got a 33 on it though. 2 years later, I got a 33.

Sometimes dreams come true

More of an allo dream, but funny and worth sharing... A bunch of my friends in the class above me just started third year so that's been on my mind.

I had a dream that it was the first day of my third year, they lined us up in our white coats and had an attending come in like the Drill Sargent from Full Metal Jacket and just rail on us.

I had a dream me and the mcat were spooning and then had sex.

I never really had any of those "I failed ______" dreams. When I was taking ochem and calc, though, I used to dream about solving problems. I wasn't taking a test per se, it was like I was doing hw problems or something. Basically, I was studying in my sleep, well sort of; it was only helpful if I was actually solving the problems correctly :p

I never really had any of those "I failed ______" dreams. When I was taking ochem and calc, though, I used to dream about solving problems. I wasn't taking a test per se, it was like I was doing hw problems or something. Basically, I was studying in my sleep, well sort of; it was only helpful if I was actually solving the problems correctly :p

Oh, I used to have dreams like that. I used to debug my programs in my sleep. Freakish, but it worked!:eek:

Oh, I used to have dreams like that. I used to debug my programs in my sleep. Freakish, but it worked!:eek:

That's the greatest feeling. While it never really happened to me with organic chemistry, since the course is mostly just memorization, I went to bed many times stumped on physical chemistry problems and derivations, only to wake up next morning seeing clearly and being able to solve them.

The night before I took my MCAT I didn't really have any dreams, but it took me forever to fall asleep because my heart was pounding and my I couldn't stop thinking about the implications of the test.

My problem now is dreaming of the ER where I work... I wake up up startled several times a night because something bad is usually happening to a patient. And this is all while working as a tech.... I hope it's not this bad if I get there as an MD.