Thanks everyone!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annette

gainfully employed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll get an EM spot this year. Computer/mechanical/ and dog bladder failure were fate's way of telling me not this year! (Unless any of you have sway with Dr. Wahl at WSU . . .;) )

Don't worry, though, I'll get a spot this year even if it kills me!

Thanks for all the support and rooting for me!!!!!!!!

Annette

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there...I know it's been a long road, but there's still time...I am still wishing you the best...

Annette:

As one who's been exactly where you are right now, I also encourage you to hold your head high and not give up, but keep all your options open. I hope that like Apollyon, you eventually get what you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a spot! It is in IM, not EM, but I have a spot! Akron, OH, here I come!

Oh, wait! Does this mean I have to move over to the IM forum?:p

congratulations on getting a spot-
i personally hope that you don't leave the em site! i have been walking around saying "who peed in your cheerios" to any grumpy people since your post- ww

Originally posted by immediatespring
congrats annette! :clap:
p.s. whats im?

Why would you congratulate someone if you don't know what you're congratulating them for?

I just had a DRE!!! "Congratulations!!!!!"

mike

cos she got in, but never mind, now i know what im is.

why would u answer a question with a question especially if u had no intention of answering the initial question?

Hey, cool! Can I get a DRE too???

One of my non-EM-bound colleagues likes to call me "Dr. DRE" because of all the rectals we have to do in the department. Just thought I'd share that.

I call him "Snoop", for no reason other than that I consider him to be my sidekick.

Annette, I have been crossing my fingers for you all along, I admire your attitude, and I think your presence here on SDN has been a tremendous asset :love: .
Congratulations for a residency spot! :clap:
Don't get discouraged by the fact that it is IM, one year of US clinical experience will open you the door to EM next year for sure! At least this is what I was hearing on my interview trail from EM PDs ad nauseam: "your application is great, but you are an IMG, so the only thing you need is to do an internship year in the US - come back next year"! Apparently, these PDs would rather loose one year of funding and consider me after doing PGY1, than take me right away. (BTW, I ended up accepting a prematch from a very decent IM program, and unless I find out I absolutely love it, I will be back on the trail again in September...) Another advantage is that next year you will be eligible for those PGY 2-4 programs.
Anyway, good luck for your next year and future decisions! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just remember, that if you still want an EM spot sometimes for no good reason people decide to not show up to their spots in 234 programs. They usually get filled outside of the match to people in residencies in the same hospital.