Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everybody (especially those who kept the forum going such as Great Pumpkin and people like Mindy and eveyone else) for all of their input and advice to this forum now that match day has passed--we all know how hard it is to get info on residencies and this site definately made the whole process a little easier. Hopefully, now that some of us have matched we'll be able to keep it going for future path wannabes and maybe have some advice/input similiar to the great Great Pumpkin. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and congrats to everyone again....

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, no kidding stick around and keep me company hehe. Maybe we can have some residency problems to talk about.

Hey Eiroc,

i just wanted to say a particular thanks for your comments also. I found your info to be very helpful and insightful.

quick ? for anyone. why has there been an additional 100 spots offered for path residency over the past several years. You'd think that since the path job market is about average, or was below average, they'd want to hold the number of training spots constant, or cut it slightly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks bigler... I think our forum rocks!

Ironchef: I believe the "new" residency positions are an illusion. The movement in pathology is for programs to take applicants in the match. Therefore more positions are being registered with the nrmp (as opposed to new positions being created.)

Mindy

I agree with Mindy and add that some programs have added positions to make up for the loss of the 5th year residents. They don't have less work to get done so they are taking more folks to keep the total numbers of people in the program near the same. Next year when there is no more out of match positions there will be a true sense of how many positions there really are available.

My program took two people out of the match and four in the match.

ahhh,
i keep on forgetting that people can get positions outside the match. Thanks.

Yeah, thanks everyone. I check this forum way too much. Anyway, It would be awesome if y'all who just interviewed, done electives, or are starting programs soon to write something up on scutwork! There are just too few programs reviewed there.

Speaking of programs--is it too early to request information on them for next years match???