Thanksgiving break...Free Time...What are YOU doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prasinos

Brand Spanking New PreMed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*finally* catching up with school work, writing up lab reports

Thanksgiving potluck!

Members don't see this ad.

prasinos- do you speak Greek? Because your name means "green" in Greek!

Canadian Thanksgiving was around October 9th, so this is not a holiday week here. I have organic II labs from the 21st-25th, out of town.

Members don't see this ad :)
getting caught up on sleep, working on a paper/presentation that's due after break, then lots and lots of Guitar Hero3 and computer games :D

going to let my mom take care of my 10 week-old which will allow me to eat turkey while watching football and enjoying some great vino!

Im gonna get crunk!

Hahahaha, agree though football, turkey... maybe a day of partying because its been long overdue.

eat....MCAT prep....study for finals....eat....write a paper.....eat....MCAT prep

Write Biochem lab report + biochemical adaptation paper, work on abstracts/stats for conferences. Go to work - every day of break. Woo.

football and food the two best things on earth

Food, Wild Turkey 101, some hunting, :)and write a 20 page paper:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have like 30 manuscripts to write and a progress report and drafts for some grants and............ I never seem to be able to get writing done at the lab without being interrupted.

Haha I guess I am the only who is having some fun over the break! I am going on vacation for a week to Hollywood, California with my family and competing in the National American Miss Pageant. My plans include going to Disneyland, California Adventures, the So You Think You Can Dance Tour, the beach, and lots of shopping. No homework is allowed! I can't wait to leave on Monday:D

And your name means tree in greek. Are you greek?

Yes! I am. Half-Greek though. I did live in Athens for a year. I speak Greek pretty fluently, but I do better at understanding it than speaking it.

Yes, my name "dendro" is Greek for tree. Drogba, do you speak Greek and are you Greek?

Exactly, there is no free time. I'll be preparing for an exam, finishing a presentation, writing up a lab report, and stress over the end of the semester transcript, of course.

Dinner at Mom's on Thurs,
work on Mon-Wed,
sleep on Friday?

See [special person]!:love::hardy:

This is the first break I can actually relax because I don't have any assignments to do... so I am going to gain 10 pounds... buy Halo 3 and try and beat it over that week... and maybe re-read HP 7.

I will start by family dinner and football- then a lil black Friday shopping! Then studying for my OChem 2 test 4 and final which are a 1 and 2 weeks after Thanksgiving respectively

Yes! I am. Half-Greek though. I did live in Athens for a year. I speak Greek pretty fluently, but I do better at understanding it than speaking it.

Yes, my name "dendro" is Greek for tree. Drogba, do you speak Greek and are you Greek?

I don't speak Greek, but I'm willing to bet most of us have read the following:

Dendrites (Gr. dendro - tree)

From an intro bio textbook

Haha I guess I am the only who is having some fun over the break! I am going on vacation for a week to Hollywood, California with my family and competing in the National American Miss Pageant. My plans include going to Disneyland, California Adventures, the So You Think You Can Dance Tour, the beach, and lots of shopping. No homework is allowed! I can't wait to leave on Monday:D

Now this is some vacation :thumbup:

Flying to AZ with the family and lots of beer, turkey and beer, football, and some more beer.

Finishing up my late secondaries, writing papers, studying, catching up on sleep, and cutting down on cigarettes and caffeine so their respective pharmacological mechanisms are upregulated and ready to be annihilated once I start back on school again. I'll also eat a lot of pie and chill with some relatives that I haven't seen in a while.

My crazy teachers decided it would be a good idea to give me tests right after the break. = (

My big plan is to knock off my rooster, pluck him, clean him, cook him, and eat him. He's a huge, mean, noisy, egg destroying, sucker today, but by this time next week he'll be in the process of being recycled into Humid. I just hope that I don't oversleep next week, once I no longer have to be annoyed by that pre-dawn alarm. This will be my first experience plucking a bird that I've raised from day one.

I'll also work on my English research paper, but mostly, I'll hang with my buddy while he's 'home' from school. LOL He only stops at home long enough to say hello, and then camps out here until it's time to return to school. I must be good company. I'm sure the fact that my sister is his girlfriend has nothing to do with it.

Drink.

This may not be the best way to continue my recovery from a bad case of mono, which forced me to take the semester off of school... either way, for 2 months I've been locked up inside my house playing video games with my 15 year old brother, it's about time I have some real social interaction.

Hang out with the family for a night complete with lots of football, more eating, and hopefully even more drinking (we're not the biggest partying bunch).

Then spend some good old quality time with the out-of-town girlfriend who's coming back for the holidays. :)

Football and turkey seem to be the trend. But I'm sure those who said this have already taken the MCAT, applied, and/or accepted.

No, I don't speak Greek. Wish I did though! But yes, choosing my name was a conscious decision knowing that it means green in Greek!

I'm will be busy this holiday break. I leave college on Wed afternoon and drive home. I meet one of my brother's future wife for the first time. So that will last about one minute, lol.

In all, I will be reading a lot of journal articles in the area of my interest (this is a great time to focus on the journal articles becasue there are no side distractions), studying for the GRE, and review for about an hour for a Spanish exam I have on that following Monday.

I will be watching football of course.

I'm working every day of my break (except Thanksgiving) and doing homework :(. If I wouldn't have fallen extremely ill earlier in the semester, I would be in Europe.

Clubs and bars and dates.

5 mile Turkey trot.
Circadian research (my job)
playing with my new *kitten*
Seeing Sondre Lerche in concert!!!

not really as much "free time" as I expected. Apparently it's a big weekend at the bar where I waitress....so I'll be there everyday except for thanksgiving. luckily though, I'll be going out after work since I do have off from my day job and will be able to sleeeeeeep in. In all honesty, I had an entire day off today for the first time in I dont know how long...and I didn't know what to do with myself...........................:confused:

During my Thanksgiving break I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner (obviously), although I'm not sure where yet. I'll also be doing homework, but nothing crazy since I luckily have no exams the next week. Beyond that, I'll be seeing some friends and doing some holiday shopping if I'm feeling brave. If not, I'll just people watch and wait until later to buy stuff. Haha

I get to go back to work in the morning!

I'm more excited because I get to see people that I <3 rather than the actual work, since that's gonna be booooooooooring.

:hardy:

During my Thanksgiving break I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner (obviously), although I'm not sure where yet. I'll also be doing homework, but nothing crazy since I luckily have no exams the next week. Beyond that, I'll be seeing some friends and doing some holiday shopping if I'm feeling brave. If not, I'll just people watch and wait until later to buy stuff. Haha
Do the shopping. I did it 2 years ago because I was late to get into the digital camera phase. However, I snagged a pretty Kodak EasyShare (6.1 MP) for a low, low $199. Wal-Mart was hopping that morning and there was still probably only a combination of 2 full sets of teeth in the place (mine being one);). I live in the middle of nowhere, that will explain that reference.

Eating turkey with a friend's family, and then I'm going down to NYC to see parents over the weekend.

I get to memorize the common and scientific names of 40 trees and be able to ID them on a bio lab test when break is over. I also need to catch up on my chemistry. Other than that, I'm just going to hang out with friends and family.

Academic:
Studying for trig,chem anthro and adv rhet.

Nonacademic:
Working and cacthing up on some family time. (I havent seen my mom in four months).

I can't wait for this semester to be over.

I just checked my google calendar for the weeks after Thanksgiving and realized I have a ton of work mixed up with interviews. So, what I thought was going to be a relaxing Thanksgiving full of food, sleep, and shopping will now be ruined by having to write a paper about Parkinson's disease drugs, a Matlab coding assignment, and reading bunches of journal articles... well maybe I'll eat and sleep first :p

Mixture of mindless TV watching, entertaining my parents' friends on thanksgiving, doing a bit of work and LOTS of shopping. :p