that elusive 4.0 semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

internet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had some pretty good semesters (and some not so good ones) but I have never quite been able to get that 4.0 I've always wanted. last semester I came REALLY close, but an A- in biochem wouldn't have any of it. my question is, should I forget the damn 4.0 and have fun this semester before I graduate, or go for all A's just to show the bastards I can do it? (I don't know who the bastards are, really)

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten it, twice. Only three times in my life (2x in college, 1x in HS)

I go to a school that doesn't use +/- and gives grades as 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, etc....

Prevents the premed kids from grade grubbing and allows you to relax a bit more.

internet said:
I've had some pretty good semesters (and some not so good ones) but I have never quite been able to get that 4.0 I've always wanted. last semester I came REALLY close, but an A- in biochem wouldn't have any of it. my question is, should I forget the damn 4.0 and have fun this semester before I graduate, or go for all A's just to show the bastards I can do it? (I don't know who the bastards are, really)

closest i got - 3.976 one semester, even if i had a 4.0 it would not have changed my gpa at all, it still pissed me off at the time. But now, really having that 4.0 is overrated, theres always another semester to worry about

Members don't see this ad :)
no one cares if u get a 4.0 but urself. if you don't care, then don't worry about it. they don't. I don't either.. lol. but gluck!

yea virilep's attitude is a good one to follow. don't dwell on it if you fall short of the illustrious 4.0. it's clear you can get the 4.0, whether you actually get it depends on luck and how much you want to sacrifice for that minor gpa bump.