that old unreliable Duke shuttle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Duke coming up this week and am hoping for some quick advice about travel.

I did a search and over and over again everyone says the shuttle service is unreliable.

http://www.durham-nc.com/visitor/transportation/getting_around_taxicabs.php

at the bottom of this page it lists 3 shuttle services. I'm leaning towards Charlene's since she has a website and lists the rates etc. I'd appreciate it though, if anyone could tell me what shuttle service they used and how that worked for them. Is one service better than the others?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't remember the name, but I took the shuttle that was listed on the Duke application website (at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, there's a bullet pointed list). They were very reliable, though they did cost $5 more than what Duke said they would. But they were on time, fast, friendly, and even took a little time to drive around Durham and show me a few things on my way into town.

bjackrian said:
I can't remember the name, but I took the shuttle that was listed on the Duke application website (at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, there's a bullet pointed list). They were very reliable, though they did cost $5 more than what Duke said they would. But they were on time, fast, friendly, and even took a little time to drive around Durham and show me a few things on my way into town.

I think I took the same shuttle b/c i remember it cost $5 more than i thought it would. It was reliable. The shuttle showed up on time and got me to the airport fairly quickly.

Good luck on the interview CaMD :luck:

Thanks guys!