That's it, I'm NOT looking!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized the scores are supposed to be up next week, and that absolutely sucks because I have midterms. I know i will become extremely depressed if i did poorly on the MCATand I'll think it's not even worth studying and then I'll fail and then that will totally eliminate my already slim chances for med schools...so that's it..I'm NOT looking.

Anyone else with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Psycho Doctor said:
I just realized the scores are supposed to be up next week, and that absolutely sucks because I have midterms. I know i will become extremely depressed if i did poorly on the MCATand I'll think it's not even worth studying and then I'll fail and then that will totally eliminate my already slim chances for med schools...so that's it..I'm NOT looking.

Anyone else with me?

Cmon psycho!!! You've gotta look...you're like a freaking legend on here. I'm sure I can speak for many when I say...we're DYING to know how it went. You probably did great...stay positive! :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Nakhrewali said:
Cmon psycho!!! You've gotta look...you're like a freaking legend on here. I'm sure I can speak for many when I say...we're DYING to know how it went. You probably did great...stay positive! :oops:

I disagree

Psycho Doctor said:

Anyone else with me?

I have two midterms next week. I'm waiting till they're done. Even though I'm dying to know, waiting til Thursday to find out won't kill me. I have already waited almost 60 days...whats two days extra?

VPDcurt said:
I disagree

you're disagreeing with wanting to know wha ti got or tha ti did well?

i agree with you that i didn't do well. :scared: hence my desire to wait a few extra days

Nakhrewali said:

thanks but maybe it's best if no one knew :scared:

VPDcurt said:
I disagree

that's really freaking mean. are saying you dont care about psycho or that you dont think he did well? either way that sucks. why bother talking to people here if youre gonna be an ass?

that's really freaking mean. are saying you dont care about psycho or that you dont think he did well? either way that sucks. why bother talking to people here if youre gonna be an ass?

easy :) some people just got a little annoyed by some of psychodoctor's posts over the summer when everyone was preparing. i mean, i like EVERYONE and i got a little annoyed myself at times ;) tension is just really high now i guess; i can imagine how great logging into thx and being soo happy, and the score that makes people feel that ecstatic is really a range depending on the person. there are people on here that would be pissed with a 33 and if i got that, i would be the happiest person in the world. all to say though that i've been daydreaming for a really long about that, and i hope everyone is pleasantly surprised with their scores...even psycho ;)

Midterms, too. I'm not looking. Besides, I forgot my username and password. I will respectfully step aside while y'all check your score. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I have midterms next week, cummulatively worth 70%.. but I'm looking anyways.... I'll afce fear right in the face! If I fail, I fail... I will not fail when I get my scores, because realistically, if I did fail, it was when I actually took the test.... Good or bad news is always hard to face when you are unsure as to what awaits you, but whatever the result, it was determined a while ago....

Psycho Doctor said:
huh? ok maybe i'm sort of out of it..but i don't get it

It's a phrase psycho... like don't trip = don't worry and the chocolate chip rhymes with trip....

oy ve... :rolleyes:

Nakhrewali said:
It's a phrase psycho... like don't trip = don't worry and the chocolate chip rhymes with trip....

oy ve... :rolleyes:
sorry, i'm a little stressed right now and can't think coherently :oops:

I'm not looking until registration is up for the April 2005 MCAT. Until then, knowing how I did isn't important to me.

I am amused at those who say that you aren't going to look at your scores for awhile. I give you guys no more than a day before you succumb to the seductive ether of THx and see how you did.

;)

UNTlabrat said:
Midterms, too. I'm not looking. Besides, I forgot my username and password. I will respectfully step aside while y'all check your score. :D
Clemson Doc said:
I am amused at those who say that you aren't going to look at your scores for awhile. I give you guys no more than a day before you succumb to the seductive ether of THx and see how you did.
:laugh: Seriously, if they're up Monday night, I can look. After that, there's too much mental energy that I need to direct elsewhere (midterms), and I can't run the risk of running out of steam (which is what would happen if I don't score well). And then there's the physical energy. After picking up kids from school, making dinner, making sure homework gets completed, papers get signed, etc. I'm usually too exhausted for mental activity. There's laundry to do, lunches to be made, etc. Monday really IS the only day I can check. If the score is bad, Mondays are pretty laidback days for me so I can get over it and get on with life. Finding out bad news in the middle of the week just doesn't make sense for me, mentally or emotionally.

Conversely, if it's good news, blowing off midterms to get drunk isn't a good idea, either. :D

I'll be waiting till the weekend, if they're not out Monday. :thumbup:

UNTlabrat said:
I'll be waiting till the weekend, if they're not out Monday. :thumbup:

i've got fall break coming up on thurs so if they're not out on monday, i'm waiting until then for the same reasons. i can't see myself concentrating on biochem if i get a 19.

You won't get a 19. :laugh: I'm sure you did very well, Scuba.

Georgetown is an awesome place, and I am really enjoying the M.S. program. Where are you currently and how are things going?

Clemson Doc said:
You won't get a 19. :laugh: I'm sure you did very well, Scuba.

Georgetown is an awesome place, and I am really enjoying the M.S. program. Where are you currently and how are things going?

Wow, D.C.'s gotta be awesome! i haven't been there in a couple of years but i really liked it there. i'm finishing up my classes and hoping that i did well enough on the mcat not to have to retake it in april, heaven forbid.

did you apply to musc/usc or all over this go around?

Scubadoc said:
Wow, D.C.'s gotta be awesome! i haven't been there in a couple of years but i really liked it there. i'm finishing up my classes and hoping that i did well enough on the mcat not to have to retake it in april, heaven forbid.

did you apply to musc/usc or all over this go around?

DC is awesome. I love it here. :D

I have applied to my state schools and a few others that have the October 15 deadline, and am going to wait on my MCAT score before deciding where else to apply. I'm shooting for about 12 schools this time around.