The 04/19/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN2013

Athens
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
38 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for the score that I put in my MDApps, please oh please AAMC give me this score and I shall goto African to save dabs all summer

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno, I've been dreaming for a 45T and a full scholarship to Mayo but I know it aint happening :(

i think i've jinxed myself at least 100 times since the test ended...
:boom:

i get more anxious as each day passes.

it's like i can't even work on my personal statement until i know my score...

11 days...............getting closer................................ :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is terribly painful to read. You all need to relax and forget about that test for a few more days. Believe me! It'll be over before you know it, and one year from now you'll be finalizing your plans to attend orientation and to jump into your first Block of classes! Good luck to you all!

I suggest you guys get off this forum and stay away and keep yourself distracted because the last 3-4 days are going to be absolutely grueling. The longer you can put off lurking here night and day in hopes of scores going up, the better.

--An 04/05-er

I suggest you guys get off this forum and stay away and keep yourself distracted because the last 3-4 days are going to be absolutely grueling. The longer you can put off lurking here night and day in hopes of scores going up, the better.

--An 04/05-er

ha ha would you have listened to that advice? ; )

I'm just burning off nervous energy by getting on this site :scared: It's nice to know others are freaking out, too

What time on the 20th will they come out? is it 5pm ET?

Hey guys, I am a 4/18 member, but since we get the results on the same day, I figured you guys were in the same boat and would relate to my story as well.

I had a dream last night that woke me up in a cold sweat. I dreamt I opened up the Thx site and to my surprise there was a 23 staring me in the face. Needless to say, I was not happy! However, I ruled out any possible psychic foreshadowing because the figures for each of the sections did not add up to a 23, and also because there were unicorns walking about the neighborhood--the second installment of Harold and Kumar I watched before I went to sleep may have contributed to this. Oh well, next week the wait and the dreams will be over!

Good Luck Everyone! :luck:

I'm a bit confused. It sounds like everyone had only one org. chem question. However I had two...and one was very difficult....it had 7 parts to it...did anyone else have this question? I was hoping it was an experimental question but....

I'm a bit confused. It sounds like everyone had only one org. chem question. However I had two...and one was very difficult....it had 7 parts to it...did anyone else have this question? I was hoping it was an experimental question but....

You mean 2 O Chem passages? I only had one, the last passage of the exam. It was time consuming because you had to predict products for reactions with a lot of carbons & branching, etc.

What was your other O Chem passage about? (And are you sure it was the exam on April 19th and not the 18th?)

I was wondering if anyone figured out whene exactly our scores were going to be released? I have a friend that took her MCAT at the begining of May and her scores were avalible a day early. Does anyone know for SURE what time and maybe we could get them the 19th?!

I was wondering if anyone figured out whene exactly our scores were going to be released? I have a friend that took her MCAT at the begining of May and her scores were avalible a day early. Does anyone know for SURE what time and maybe we could get them the 19th?!

I don't think they don't give you advanced notice if they move up the release date. They just release them early.

Since the scores from 2 test dates are scheduled to come out on the same day, there might even be a delay (which is what happened the last time I took the exam). We just have to wait and see.

I hate this. I hate AAMC. I'm official done waiting and want to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps I should be studying

Five days remain.
*Ominous tick-tock echoes in the background*

hahah definitely second that...I was doing a really good job not thinking about the closing in of the MCAT score release date but now that it is getting closer to D-Day I am thinking about it a lot more....ohh well here's to waiting another 5 days (maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release it early) doubtful but hey it could happen

I don't think they don't give you advanced notice if they move up the release date. They just release them early.

This is why I've been checking online everyday (sometimes twice a day). It's really not good for my health.

OK, now its killing me, I want to know my score NOW!!!!!! Aaaaaaaa!!!!! I have held out for too long. I have been good about it but now that finals are here all I can do is think about it, but it's ok, five more days.

On one hand, I really want to know now-- just to get it over with. On the other hand, I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Most likely, my score will be lower than my practice scores. In fact, I feel that I did worse on this exam than on any of my practice ones. There were several questions that I was completely unsure of on this exam, which was not the case with the practice exams. Sigh. I'm expecting disappointment. +pity+

On one hand, I really want to know now-- just to get it over with. On the other hand, I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Most likely, my score will be lower than my practice scores. In fact, I feel that I did worse on this exam than on any of my practice ones. There were several questions that I was completely unsure of on this exam, which was not the case with the practice exams. Sigh. I'm expecting disappointment. +pity+

I feel the same way, I've actually started filling out the Osteopathic medical school application. I've already convinced my parents that becoming a D.O. is what I really want to do. (Avg MCAT for acceptance is like 23)

P.S. I just logged onto THx and the scores are still not available.
4 days to go AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way, I've actually started filling out the Osteopathic medical school application. I've already convinced my parents that becoming a D.O. is what I really want to do. (Avg MCAT for acceptance is like 23)

P.S. I just logged onto THx and the scores are still not available.
4 days to go AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Your a tid bit off on the avg MCAT score for DO. Like all other medical schools, competition is going up. Avg for DO is now 26-27 for Matriculants. Do some searching before you make statements like this.

Your a tid bit off on the avg MCAT score for DO. Like all other medical schools, competition is going up. Avg for DO is now 26-27 for Matriculants. Do some searching before you make statements like this.

Fine I apologize, from the AACOM site: "Of those applying in the 2007 application cycle, the average (mean) MCAT scores were 7.60 verbal, 7.46 physical sciences and 8.30 biological sciences. The average (mean) overall grade point average was 3.35 and the average science grade point average was 3.20. Generally, MCAT scores and grade point averages are slightly higher for matriculating students than scores reported for the overall applicant pool."

So for applicants, the avg MCAT was about 23, but for matriculates it is higher.

Fine I apologize, from the AACOM site: "Of those applying in the 2007 application cycle, the average (mean) MCAT scores were 7.60 verbal, 7.46 physical sciences and 8.30 biological sciences. The average (mean) overall grade point average was 3.35 and the average science grade point average was 3.20. Generally, MCAT scores and grade point averages are slightly higher for matriculating students than scores reported for the overall applicant pool."

So for applicants, the avg MCAT was about 23, but for matriculates it is higher.

yea for everyone that applied the average is 23, but you must understand that their is no school that has a 50 percent acceptance rate. most schools are around the 10-20 percent range. yea there have been some 23's that have squeezed in, but many have been rejected

You'd be suprised how many people would misread this sentence:

Scores are not out!!!!!!!!
user_offline.gif

Rofl

You'd be suprised how many people would misread this sentence:

Scores are not out!!!!!!!!
user_offline.gif

Rofl

Ha, if you didn't have the disclaimer in the beginning and used some selective capitalization I think you would have gotten a lot of people excited.

Looks like no scores today. :(

in 52 minutes, there will only be 4 days left.... gahh.. can't wait any more :barf:

OMGWTFBBQ!! When did SDN get a puking smiley face? :laugh: that's much better than Nervous Guy-->:scared: