The 07/18/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supafield

Dream Big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm inept at finding threads it looks like there is no threads for this date or most of the July ones...

So good luck to all of you writing, this is my second go of it... and I want to do really well.... and am happy to offer advice about the whole process from my first time around.... feel free to ask

take care

Members don't see this ad.

The Olympics is seriously the only thing getting me through the wait. Any Dara Torres fans out there? And if so, do you think it is hilarious how the commentators mention her age at least twice in every sentence :laugh:? We get it already! Regardless of repetitive commentary, she's awesome

Who is she? I haven't been following the games that closely.

Hey all!

I am at work and have been obsessively checking SDN and THx today, with my boss's permission, of course!

Don't worry, there are people checking! Nothing yet, though.

Best of luck to all.... This is absolute torture!

The Olympics is seriously the only thing getting me through the wait. Any Dara Torres fans out there? And if so, do you think it is hilarious how the commentators mention her age at least twice in every sentence :laugh:? We get it already! Regardless of repetitive commentary, she's awesome

i agree. i've managed to watch all of phelps finals. i'm also a big dara torres fan. aside from her bad hair cut i wish i had a body like hers.

i'm completely non-functional right now. if these scores don't come out this afternoon i don't know what i'll do with myself for the rest of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dara Torres is a USA swimmer who is 41 years old. She's been to 5 Olympic games, and took silver by .01 sec in the 50 meter free. She's just so refreshing because she didn't start chasing her Olympic dream until after she had her daughter, and she's just so friendly and warm-hearted every time I've seen her on TV.

Is your dog a chow chow? He/she is very pretty. My dog Teddy was a chow chow, and he died yesterday :( I was away at the cottage so I didn't even get to say goodbye. I hope that my MCAT mark is ok, or else this is going to be one terrible week. Friday my house flooded and my basement is ruined. I could use some good news.

2nd the totally non-functional right now, and all day. i can't believe how much i want to see this set of numbers. i can't even wrap my mind around it. i see my score and then what? am i going to be jumping up and down? crying? either way tonight I'm watching superman at bryant park with a bunch of friends and a tub of wine...

i almost don't even want them today :eek: blasphemous, i know. i dont' know if i'm ready...

I've had 3 people call me today asking about my score. I feel your pain. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home

Is your dog a chow chow? He/she is very pretty. My dog Teddy was a chow chow, and he died yesterday :( I was away at the cottage so I didn't even get to say goodbye. I hope that my MCAT mark is ok, or else this is going to be one terrible week. Friday my house flooded and my basement is ruined. I could use some good news.

Oh you poor thing, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose your pet while you're away (my parents had to put our dog (my picture) to sleep while I was at school this spring :( ). But yeah, he was a chow mix. They are so cute! I'm sure Teddy appreciates how much you love him, and I hope you get through the week ok.

i'm gonna stick around until 3:40EST and then I'll come back at 4:40EST.

seriously, i thought i understood mood swings before this experience... but guess what, i ain't seeing nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh. I really hoped I would do better in PS.

VR: 13
PS: 7
BS: 10

Total: 30, which is a 5 point increase from my last MCAT. And that's what I'm going to focus on today.

I screwed up PS just as I thought

VR 9
PS 8
BS 11

28O --> will have to retake don't know if i should apply this cycle

AVERAGE AAMC PRACTICE SCORES
PS: 13
VR: 10
BS: 12

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: 12
VR: 9

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

BS: 13
WS: O

34O

So I pretty much nailed my average score. I couldn't be happier, I hope you guys all got the scores you wanted! And if not, keep at it: it's just a test, you'll kill it next time.

average Aamc Practice Scores
ps:8
vr:9
bs:9

(I only took 3 practice tests leading up to the real thing)

actual Scores
ps:8
vr:10
bs:10

Not as well as I wanted to do...I really wanted to get a 30 or better but oh well. This will have to do.

I AM NEVER TAKING THIS STUPID TEST AGAIN :soexcited:

Edit: I got an R on the writing sample for what it's worth...28R

okay..10 vr 11 ps 12 bs for a 33 O ...The O is really bugging me. Do you guys think that's a good enough score with a 3.7 + average? I don't fully understand the writing sample and how they score and weight it.

PS: 10
BS: 11

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: 8

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

WS: M

Wahhh. Physical rocked me.

Last August I scored a 38O. I had to rewrite because my "O" didn't meet the cutoffs for the Ontario schools I am applying to.

This time I got a 34Q! I am glad that I improved my writing sample. I still don't meet the cutoff for one of the schools that I wanted to apply to though.

Hey, Im bummed too. I did much lower in verbal: 29Q
8 VR
11 Phys
10 Bio

i am a non trad with a 3.92 science BCPM.
should I retake? The verbal is below what i've been getting
but i am so out of practice for the bio and phy sci that I don't think
even if I left southern cali and found a seat somewhere else that I'd be able to retake.

bahh

sad... 9 9 9 Q... I would be happy with this except Ontario has stupid cutoffs...

I'm registered to write this Friday, and have been studying when I can... I guess after a large glass of wine I'm back at it until Friday again.

I'm sad... really wanted 10 10 10 R. I guess it's not impossible, I'm just overly tired of studying for this thing.

I'm so happy for those of you who have done so well :)

For those like me, try and take it again this cycle so all the material you have learned this year doesn't go to waste.

Chrail

Last edited:
ps:.12
bs:12

(I took all 8 AAMC tests and all 111 kaplan full length tests)

actual Scores
ps:13
bs:13
WS:Q

I took the MCAT 2x before and got a VR score of 10 both times. Do you guys think a drop to a VR score of 9 is a big deal. Percentage score wise there is a big difference 80% v 65% for the 10 and 9 respectively.
gimme some feedback if you can!!! good luck to all you getting scores today

previous MCAT:
2004 - 26
2006 - 28

avg. practice: 31

july 18th - 32O
not pleased with the O but all things considered i am very happy!

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: 8

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

Wahhh. Physical rocked me.

Ouch! That 7 *may* come back to haunt you...retake??

okay..10 vr 11 ps 12 bs for a 33 O ...The O is really bugging me. Do you guys think that's a good enough score with a 3.7 + average? I don't fully understand the writing sample and how they score and weight it.

I got a 33M on the 6/13 MCAT (10 VR, 11 PS, 12 BS) and have two interview invites so far (and I applied late).

Last edited:
long time lurker, first time poster here

5/26/07 = 7P 9V 10B = 26M

AAMC [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 3. = 7P 10V 11B = 28 (7/3)
AAMC 4 = 12P 9V 13B = 34 (7/6)
AAMC 5 = 8P 11V 14B = 33 (7/8)
AAMC 8 = 11P 10V 12B = 33 (7/10) [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
AAMC 10 = 11P 10V 11B = 32 (7/12)
AAMC 9 = 10P 9V 11B = 30 (7/14)
AAMC 7 = 10P 10V 12B= 32 (7/16)

7/18/08 = 10P 11V 12B= 33L

Big improvement number-wise due to a summer marathon of MCAT studying, but I got wrecked on WS, which I really don't understand, b/c I felt like my essays were decent

ps:.13

I had scored a 10 on every practice test I wrote in bio and verbal. Physical I usually scored high probably due to the mechanical engineering background.
I predicted a 13 10 10

actual Scores
ps:14
WS:O

Happy about the overall, but that 9 is a downer!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Big improvement number-wise due to a summer marathon of MCAT studying, but I got wrecked on WS, which I really don't understand, b/c I felt like my essays were decent.

Is there a chance that you accidently deleted your essay or something? You should contact them and ask them to hand-mark.

PS: 11
VR: 11

PREDICTED SCORES
BS: 12 R

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

WS: S

32S

Scored fairly average and this was on a day I felt terrible walking out of the testing centre due to nerves and a flight I thought I was going to be late to catch.... So all things considered am quite happy.... I'm sure all the good feelings in bio resulting in a rather intense curve... good luck everyone.

Last August I scored a 38O. I had to rewrite because my "O" didn't meet the cutoffs for the Ontario schools I am applying to.

This time I got a 34Q! I am glad that I improved my writing sample. I still don't meet the cutoff for one of the schools that I wanted to apply to though.

Queens writing if I was a betting man will come down... I'm hoping to god western doesn't try an 11 in bio again

Queens writing if I was a betting man will come down... I'm hoping to god western doesn't try an 11 in bio again

I hope so... I'm applying there just in case. I felt like such a tool rewriting with my previous score of 38. Ontario cuttoffs are ridiculous!

I got:

VR:9
PS:9
BS:10

28Q

Up from 25M (8, 8, 9) last year. Really upped that writing!

I am done here peeps.

PS: 11.25 (range 10-13)
VR: 11.25 (range 9-15)
BS: 11.25 (range 9-13)

AAMC tests in order taken: 31 (#4), 32 (#3), 30 (#5), 36 (#6), 40 (#7), 33 (#8), 33 (#9), 36 (#10)

PREDICTED SCORES

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

WS: T

33T. How'd I get a T ?? I thought my essays were crap. :laugh: A little disappointed with the BS, but I knew I guessed a little on that mice passage. The only passage I felt good on was the amazingly easy o-chem passage. PS felt good, except for the supernova passage, so that was okay. Escaped something potentially horrid on VR.

I suppose I ended up scoring my avg (DAMN UNFORGIVING CURVE) overall, but I thought I could've done better after topping out at a 40. But the T makes up for it a tiny bit in my mind...

Last edited:
Nice writing sample! I thought my essays were pretty good and ended up with an O.

Took #8, #9, and #10. Range was 29-33.

PREDICTED SCORES

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

PS: 14

Definitely expected PS and BS to be reversed. I honestly have no idea how that happened, actually. Can't complain, though! 35S! :D

Practice test average:
Around 33-34.

Actual scores:

PS 14
BS 12
VR 9
WS P

35P

Disappointed with that verbal section, but all in all very very happy

PS: 11.8
VR: 9.5
BS: 11.6
Took 3-10. Range was 28-37.

PREDICTED SCORES

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

WS: Q

34 Q yall!

So happy, thank you all.

Average: VR10/PS10/BS11

Predicted: 10/10/11

Actual: 9/10/11

Total 30, O. I was pretty sure this would be my score. I took it in August 06 and got a 27, I am glad the studying paid off, I hope it gets me in. For those of you didn't get your scores you wanted I know how it feels. Hang in there, if med school is your goal and you are capable you will get there. Even if means another 2-3month study block of the MCAT.

Hi guys, congrats to everyone! So glad we got the scores today I was dying from anticipation also.

PS: 9.38
VR: 11.33
BS: 10.75

Composite Average: 31.17

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES
WS: Q

32Q! My aamc averages were pretty much dead on.

PS:
11 (9-13)
VR: 10 (8-13)
BS: 12 (11-14)

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: 8-11

ACTUAL MCAT SCORES

BS: 13

33S

I am really happy with my performance. The 9 kinda sucks because this means I won't make the Western cut-off, however I will find it impossible to re-write just for one point. So I think I will keep it! Congratulations to everyone for finishing the mcat and I hope everyone got the score they deserved. And if not, I hope you can find the motivation to tackle it the next time I around. I've written the MCATs 3 times, eventually you will get the score if you want it enough.

shoot. My practice tests ranged from 34-39, and i got a 32Q (10,10,12). Last year I took the MCAT and got 30Q (9,9,12). Do you think adcoms will view a 2+ increase as improvement or not?

PS: 9

30M. Looks like I was able to make it to about the average for acceptances that I've seen, which has been my goal since I started this mcat business last winter. It's better than my previous 26L.