The 2017 Virtual Medical School Fair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5words

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with ? Did it help someone get in the door? because i am planning to Network with multiple School in Texas, So wanted to do an extensive research on each school. Is it worth it or just overkill? Or should i handle this fair, like a regular job-fair?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I joined last year but turned it off quite quickly. There may have been some additional school specific material, but I feel like I recall the questions being very scattered (lots of applicants, few representatives) so... for thorough answers I found SDN to be a lot better. It's free though (right?) so can't hurt to sign up.

Reactions: 1 user
I joined last year but turned it off quite quickly. There may have been some additional school specific material, but I feel like I recall the questions being very scattered (lots of applicants, few representatives) so... for thorough answers I found SDN to be a lot better. It's free though (right?) so can't hurt to sign up.
True, it's free. Cant wait for it, it;s next week.. My aim is tailor my PS/ apps towards specific school. So, have you met anyone whose app got better after attending the event?

Members don't see this ad :)
My aim is tailor my PS/ apps towards specific school.

Wait, what? You're trying to tailor your application & PS towards one specific school? But applying to others as well? Do you just have a lot of money to waste?

Reactions: 1 users
Wait, what? You're trying to tailor your application & PS towards one specific school? But applying to others as well? Do you just have a lot of money to waste?
Well, didnt know it was a bad idea. Thanks for the heads-up though.

You can tailor your application to a TYPE of school -- ex. Research focused, Primary care driven, Rural or underserved mission, Historically Black, Spanish-speaking. But yeah, it would almost certainly be a mistake to tailor too much for one school. That's what secondaries are for.

@5Swords - are you a Texas resident? If so, it's probably not necessary since the TX schools (due probably to their notorious IS bias) don't receive such an overwhelming # of applications that yours won't actually get read. And if you're NOT IS, it'll take a helluva lot more than networking to get you noticed -- like a 95%ile MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
You can tailor your application to a TYPE of school -- ex. Research focused, Primary care driven, Rural or underserved mission, Historically Black, Spanish-speaking. But yeah, it would almost certainly be a mistake to tailor too much for one school. That's what secondaries are for.

@5Swords - are you a Texas resident? If so, it's probably not necessary since the TX schools (due probably to their notorious IS bias) don't receive such an overwhelming # of applications that yours won't actually get read. And if you're NOT IS, it'll take a helluva lot more than networking to get you noticed -- like a 95%ile MCAT.

And yes i am a TX resident... And thanks for the feedback everyone!