The 4/18/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all April 18, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions, passage information, or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific content from the test will be deleted, and a 1-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've realized that I have my hopes up really high for scores coming out tomorrow....god tomorrow is going to suck when no scores are released!

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep checking over and over again! I wonder if I should get up at 7:30 tomorrow to check (the time they were posted for the April 5 test takers).

I keep checking over and over again! I wonder if I should get up at 7:30 tomorrow to check (the time they were posted for the April 5 test takers).

Please do!!!!!!

EDIT: Couldn't they have been posted way earlier than that? I mean, that's just when the first person on SDN noticed. But really, could have been posted anytime

I just wanted to say that waiting for your MCAT scores sucks, but back in olden times when I took it, we had to wait two months for our scores.

Oh man. Looks like I'm waking up before work and checking my score. I really hope I can go to work really happy or else it's going to be a long, brutal, and depressing day.

Please do!!!!!!

EDIT: Couldn't they have been posted way earlier than that? I mean, that's just when the first person on SDN noticed. But really, could have been posted anytime

That's true, but I have faith that the SDN collective discovered the scores within a half hour of posting.

I just wanted to say that waiting for your MCAT scores sucks, but back in olden times when I took it, we had to wait two months for our scores.

We're the next generation of physicians, and we look down on your antiquated ways.

I'm actually hoping it gets released on the 20th. That's when my finals end, so getting the score right before a final could potentially be disastrous to my chances of doing well on the final. Then again, I could just stop checking thx every few hours....

And walk uphill both ways in the snow to take the test. Once you got there, they did not have pencil sharpeners. You had to whittle your pencil down with a broken piece of glass. Erasers were made from the shreds of older used erasers. You had to insert a foley or suffer the consequences of the "gauntlet" every time you had to go to the restroom. :p

I'm actually hoping it gets released on the 20th. That's when my finals end, so getting the score right before a final could potentially be disastrous to my chances of doing well on the final. Then again, I could just stop checking thx every few hours....

Screw your finals. I want it now!

Members don't see this ad :)
isnt this about the time that the April 5th people got their results back? or at least started seeing them?

Yeah, I think so. I think in the April 5 thread the posts said 7:30 AM PST

Yeah-the posts where I am say 6:30 AM and it's 5:30 AM according to this thread right now....

Hey all! I've never posted here before, but I read this thread often enough. I also am waiting for scores... Good luck! I hope it works out well for everyone! I can't even check the results myself... I am having someone else look at the results for me. I can't bear to see the results if they are terrible. I hope that's not the case, but all the same, I'd rather not see an aweful score. If they are bad I need the results broken to me gently, lol... If they are good, 30 or better, I want to see them myself. (I've made this quite complicated...)
Good luck all!! Hopefully soon we'll be celebrating!:hardy:

I had a dream that I got a -18.7 R with like a 7 3 and 5.

It was really strange because I ignored the negative sign, ignored that the numbers didn't add up to 18.7 and was suprised but ultimatly ignored the decimal...

stranger still, I just took the score in stride. I guess I've subconciously submitted to getting a bad score :rolleyes:

I think we might have hope until 5 PM EST. I imagine that they put the scores up when people are there in the office, and they probably close up around then.

I had a dream that I got a -18.7 R with like a 7 3 and 5.

It was really strange because I ignored the negative sign, ignored that the numbers didn't add up to 18.7 and was suprised but ultimatly ignored the decimal...

stranger still, I just took the score in stride. I guess I've subconciously submitted to getting a bad score :rolleyes:

I think I read somewhere that you can never do math correctly in your dreams. I can testify to that since I had a similar dream back during my SAT testing days.

THe scores are in!!! :D

wouldn't you like to read those words?
I am afraid they haven't yet been typed, but hopefully soon.;)

THe scores are in!!! :D

wouldn't you like to read those words?
I am afraid they haven't yet been typed, but hopefully soon.;)

Haha I'm pretty sure, that gets you suspended on these forums regardless of the good nature or not.

Figured I'd say hi to you all, I'm about a week into my eurotrip right now (currently in Ireland). Been checking in on you guys every so often, getting a bit scared to check my score and have it randomly pop up so I've been lookin in this thread to see if they're ready yet haha. Don't worry too much guys, I also had an MCAT score dream last night and my best advice is to just chill and not get too obsessed with getting your scores the second they're available. Enjoy the ride =)

I just got an email form the AAMC saying that some scores will be released today for those who took the test on the 18th and 19th BUT mine won't be bc of "technical issues". they told me i am going to have to wait till Friday!!

did anyone else get this email???

39S

11VR / 13PS / 15BS

Thought PS and BS scores would be switched.

But very happy with VR =)

Good luck all.

I just got an email form the AAMC saying that some scores will be released today for those who took the test on the 18th and 19th BUT mine won't be bc of "technical issues". they told me i am going to have to wait till Friday!!

did anyone else get this email???

Nope. So sorry to hear that. Did they mention a time for the rest of us?

30P

10, 10, 10

not real happy with the writing and i thought i did better on the verbal but what the hell, im sooo happy

VR:9 PS:9 BS:9 WS:R

Better than expected, but still likely retaking

EDIT: Now that I've had time to reflect-

VR: It felt pretty bad, and I've NEVER scored below 10...so I'm bummed about going below ten, but as bad as it felt, I 'm glad it wasn't any worse. I had predicted around an 8
PS: I had been averaging 8's with some 7's and one or two 9's, so I am pretty happy with a 9. I had predicted around a 7
BS: I had been averaging 9's with one 11, so I guess a 9 was to be expected I had predicted around an 8
WS: Not that it matters, but I'm pretty psyched with an "R". I only ever practiced once...so whatever

Overall: I know I can do better, and need to if I want to be competitive. I will likely retake in August.

OMG I hate you guys so much!! I am so jealous that you can see your scores and I can't :mad:

Studied for 8 months and got 18P. 6's across the board. I have no idea how to study for this test. I'm so floored right now. Just don't know what to do.

Thank y'all so much! I'm confident with my reapp now! :):)

Looks like you might want to change your title to gradu8in2013 or admitting2009. You get the idea.

IkerUnzalu: If you studied that long and got that score, chances are it's your method that's holding you back. How were your practice test scores?