Quantcast

The 4/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So, we've got the 3/28 and the 4/18, but no 4/4/08 yet. Anyone else taking it on this date?

hector219

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
why bother with med school if you've got a time machine?

I'm already encouraged by my competition :)

rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just jumped ships from the 18th to the 4th. I realized that an 8 AM exam isn't my thing, and that I'll be spending much of my future awake at that hour anyways.

Here's to the MCAT guys. Rock out.

iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha good call! I'll change it so it doesn't cause confusion. Good luck to all of you! You guys have a fun holiday vacation ahead ;)

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh goodness, that's how much finals is getting to me. Can't wait to see how composed I am in 4 months when the MCAT is around the corner.

What is everyone doing to study?

garyinthehouse

---
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im in orange county CA and I want to reschedule my jan 30 exam to april 4th....there all full :( would any open up soon?

Members don't see this ad :)

jackson1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in too! I switched from Jan 30 to April 4 to give myself more time to study, but now im having such a hard time focusing during the break. anyone else having that problem?

reddyjs

where are my pants?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in too! I switched from Jan 30 to April 4 to give myself more time to study, but now im having such a hard time focusing during the break. anyone else having that problem?

Yea, I did have that problem. Now I'm doing a chapter a day from the EK set and I'm not rushing through. I'll do a few pages and then take a break (to watch tv or video games or something) and then I'll go back. Don't try to do a huge ton at once cause you'll get fatigued and bored of the stuff really quickly.

workforsuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm in as well. I took the 30th jan MCAT and my score was less than satisfactory. I'm just hoping I do better on this one :).

cablen64k

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also just signed up for this today. I got a 28R, not nearly good enough with my gpa. Need to work on timing and mental math. Otherwise, I should be cool. Good luck to all.

amikhchi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Count me in as a part of the 4/4/09 *retake* club...

studying going great, aside from verbal reasoning woes...

if there was a single most important thing to do in order to *boost* VR scores, what would it be? more practice problems, read outside material? i'm thinking i should just pick the answer i think in my head "definitely can't be this one" because that's usually the right answer...

amikhchi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Less than two weeks!!

Let's kick some ass!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO

lol, lovin the enthusiasm... one thing's for certain, i am going to get hammered-super-duper-annihilated drunk like there's no tomorrow the night of the 4th... that will be a night to remember (or will it?)

JokerMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
im regretting not getting this thing over with on the fourth...

i have to wait till the 18th :(

Gither

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you 4/4 people freaking out after reading the results from 3/28? I sure hope we don't get a test like the one administered today :(

Please, AAMC, alternate hard tests with easy tests every weekend!!!

robrobbberts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you 4/4 people freaking out after reading the results from 3/28? I sure hope we don't get a test like the one administered today :(

Please, AAMC, alternate hard tests with easy tests every weekend!!!

Yes.. I am so damn scared right now. :.(

biobossx99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wtf you talking about scared for a hard test?

You want the hardest test possible. That way the curve is going to be generous.

It sucks when 1 or 2 points result from a narrow range of scores. You want a nice scatter of people getting 30-35s.

I can't wait to see girls crying coming out of the test center.

drareg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol, that's a good strategy, i think i'll go with that :thumbup:

i think we should just go in ... do our thang .... and not think about it for that month! thats my strategy, i havent probably socialized for the past 4 months so it will be interesting to do something other than mcat problems.

reddyjs

where are my pants?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
4 days away. anyone have tips for how not to get sleepy during the test? during prac tests, i always tend to get drowsy.:sleep:

Breathe Happy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone making any last minute changes to their study techniques due to the 3/28 thread? Less Ochem? More Equations? It seems the more I read about recent MCAT's the more pointless outside knowledge becomes...

reddyjs

where are my pants?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone making any last minute changes to their study techniques due to the 3/28 thread? Less Ochem? More Equations? It seems the more I read about recent MCAT's the more pointless outside knowledge becomes...

hmm, i don't know. these things keep getting more and more unpredictable but i guess that's the point of it. i'll be on top of my physics and chem formula sheets.

DCpremed4409

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is my repeat. my practice scores in the past 4 days have ranged from 23 (kaplan test 10 i think it was--has a bug that goes from 15 minutes left to "you are out of time") to a 41, with an average of 33.

I have no idea what to expect, to be perfectly honest. I just need to break my first score of 31. That 41 would be pretty baller though ;).

I think the mcat is as big an ish show as the application process in general. You never know what'll happen--there is no logic to the madness--just roll with it.

And the night of April 4th? Party @ my place :D

DCpremed4409

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
wtf you talking about scared for a hard test?

You want the hardest test possible. That way the curve is going to be generous.

It sucks when 1 or 2 points result from a narrow range of scores. You want a nice scatter of people getting 30-35s.

I can't wait to see girls crying coming out of the test center.

I'm all for having the hardest test possible, but where I miraculously know every answer ;).

It's a miraculous time of the year! It could happen! 0:)

TurknJD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else REALLY tired of studying for this exam? I originally had it scheduled for the 18th, but moved it to the 4th cuz im just so tired of it lol. Its getting to the point that i dont care what score I get (well, obviously I do), but i just want it to be over and be able to do non mcat things.

HawkeyePostOp

the fort at sidewalk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else REALLY tired of studying for this exam? I originally had it scheduled for the 18th, but moved it to the 4th cuz im just so tired of it lol. Its getting to the point that i dont care what score I get (well, obviously I do), but i just want it to be over and be able to do non mcat things.

**** yeah im tired. Totally done studying.

awesome name by the way.

Breathe Happy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We'll all be fine. No crying during the test anyone, too distracting for the rest of us. Also, no kashi go lean for breakfast please. On a lighter note, less memorization is needed apparently.

amikhchi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yup, i'm pretty much done, my brain cant' take it anymore... i'm going to spend 2 hours today going over the writing format to make sure i don't freeze up. I know it's not that important, but i haven't done a single practice essay or anything in my 3 months prep...

good luck to everyone

hpehlivan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! I'm heading home now from college to where my test center is and crackin open a bottle of red wine with my parents....I think I'm done with studying....

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.. i'm going to spend 2 hours today going over the writing format to make sure i don't freeze up. I know it's not that important, but i haven't done a single practice essay or anything in my 3 months prep...

good luck to everyone

Hahah ... I did the same thing last night for the same reason.

skrilladoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm so pumped for tomorrow. going to for a nice long run along the chicago lakefront, shower, apples and peanut butter, then finish this thing so i can enjoy my last four weeks of school.

good luck to everyone!

just be logical, look at every answer, and dont get distracted or tired. stay smart, answer smart.