The 4/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, we've got the 3/28 and the 4/18, but no 4/4/08 yet. Anyone else taking it on this date?

Members don't see this ad.

why bother with med school if you've got a time machine?

I'm already encouraged by my competition :)

I just jumped ships from the 18th to the 4th. I realized that an 8 AM exam isn't my thing, and that I'll be spending much of my future awake at that hour anyways.

Here's to the MCAT guys. Rock out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh goodness, that's how much finals is getting to me. Can't wait to see how composed I am in 4 months when the MCAT is around the corner.

What is everyone doing to study?

I start Kaplan soon.

Took a couple of practice tests this week too.

hey guys, im in orange county CA and I want to reschedule my jan 30 exam to april 4th....there all full :( would any open up soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in too! I switched from Jan 30 to April 4 to give myself more time to study, but now im having such a hard time focusing during the break. anyone else having that problem?

I'm in too! I switched from Jan 30 to April 4 to give myself more time to study, but now im having such a hard time focusing during the break. anyone else having that problem?

Yea, I did have that problem. Now I'm doing a chapter a day from the EK set and I'm not rushing through. I'll do a few pages and then take a break (to watch tv or video games or something) and then I'll go back. Don't try to do a huge ton at once cause you'll get fatigued and bored of the stuff really quickly.

Hey all :) I'm in as well... after getting murdered by January 30th :)

Hey guys! I'm in as well. I took the 30th jan MCAT and my score was less than satisfactory. I'm just hoping I do better on this one :).

I also just signed up for this today. I got a 28R, not nearly good enough with my gpa. Need to work on timing and mental math. Otherwise, I should be cool. Good luck to all.

Count me in as a part of the 4/4/09 *retake* club...

studying going great, aside from verbal reasoning woes...

if there was a single most important thing to do in order to *boost* VR scores, what would it be? more practice problems, read outside material? i'm thinking i should just pick the answer i think in my head "definitely can't be this one" because that's usually the right answer...

Less than two weeks!!

Let's kick some ass!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO

lol, lovin the enthusiasm... one thing's for certain, i am going to get hammered-super-duper-annihilated drunk like there's no tomorrow the night of the 4th... that will be a night to remember (or will it?)

im regretting not getting this thing over with on the fourth...

i have to wait till the 18th :(

Any of you 4/4 people freaking out after reading the results from 3/28? I sure hope we don't get a test like the one administered today :(

Please, AAMC, alternate hard tests with easy tests every weekend!!!

Any of you 4/4 people freaking out after reading the results from 3/28? I sure hope we don't get a test like the one administered today :(

Please, AAMC, alternate hard tests with easy tests every weekend!!!

Yes.. I am so damn scared right now. :.(

wtf you talking about scared for a hard test?

You want the hardest test possible. That way the curve is going to be generous.

It sucks when 1 or 2 points result from a narrow range of scores. You want a nice scatter of people getting 30-35s.

I can't wait to see girls crying coming out of the test center.

lol, that's a good strategy, i think i'll go with that :thumbup:

i think we should just go in ... do our thang .... and not think about it for that month! thats my strategy, i havent probably socialized for the past 4 months so it will be interesting to do something other than mcat problems.

4 days away. anyone have tips for how not to get sleepy during the test? during prac tests, i always tend to get drowsy.:sleep:

So anyone making any last minute changes to their study techniques due to the 3/28 thread? Less Ochem? More Equations? It seems the more I read about recent MCAT's the more pointless outside knowledge becomes...

So anyone making any last minute changes to their study techniques due to the 3/28 thread? Less Ochem? More Equations? It seems the more I read about recent MCAT's the more pointless outside knowledge becomes...

hmm, i don't know. these things keep getting more and more unpredictable but i guess that's the point of it. i'll be on top of my physics and chem formula sheets.

this is my repeat. my practice scores in the past 4 days have ranged from 23 (kaplan test 10 i think it was--has a bug that goes from 15 minutes left to "you are out of time") to a 41, with an average of 33.

I have no idea what to expect, to be perfectly honest. I just need to break my first score of 31. That 41 would be pretty baller though ;).

I think the mcat is as big an ish show as the application process in general. You never know what'll happen--there is no logic to the madness--just roll with it.

And the night of April 4th? Party @ my place :D

wtf you talking about scared for a hard test?

You want the hardest test possible. That way the curve is going to be generous.

It sucks when 1 or 2 points result from a narrow range of scores. You want a nice scatter of people getting 30-35s.

I can't wait to see girls crying coming out of the test center.

I'm all for having the hardest test possible, but where I miraculously know every answer ;).

It's a miraculous time of the year! It could happen! 0:)

anyone else REALLY tired of studying for this exam? I originally had it scheduled for the 18th, but moved it to the 4th cuz im just so tired of it lol. Its getting to the point that i dont care what score I get (well, obviously I do), but i just want it to be over and be able to do non mcat things.

anyone else REALLY tired of studying for this exam? I originally had it scheduled for the 18th, but moved it to the 4th cuz im just so tired of it lol. Its getting to the point that i dont care what score I get (well, obviously I do), but i just want it to be over and be able to do non mcat things.

**** yeah im tired. Totally done studying.

awesome name by the way.

We'll all be fine. No crying during the test anyone, too distracting for the rest of us. Also, no kashi go lean for breakfast please. On a lighter note, less memorization is needed apparently.

Yup, i'm pretty much done, my brain cant' take it anymore... i'm going to spend 2 hours today going over the writing format to make sure i don't freeze up. I know it's not that important, but i haven't done a single practice essay or anything in my 3 months prep...

good luck to everyone

Good luck everyone! I'm heading home now from college to where my test center is and crackin open a bottle of red wine with my parents....I think I'm done with studying....

.. i'm going to spend 2 hours today going over the writing format to make sure i don't freeze up. I know it's not that important, but i haven't done a single practice essay or anything in my 3 months prep...

good luck to everyone

Hahah ... I did the same thing last night for the same reason.

i'm so pumped for tomorrow. going to for a nice long run along the chicago lakefront, shower, apples and peanut butter, then finish this thing so i can enjoy my last four weeks of school.

good luck to everyone!

just be logical, look at every answer, and dont get distracted or tired. stay smart, answer smart.