The 5/27/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMattOglesby

Grand Master
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for those taking the MCAT on May 27, 2008.
I wanted to see if we could get discussions going on how to schedule a game plan to tackle this test in three months time.

I have Kaplan review books and I am going to have to use them cause I dont have anything else.

I will eventually have a regimen on my own personal plan of attack and stick it out here so I can hear your criticisms =]

come on guys, lets shoot for 30+ scores!!!!

-matt

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how many of you guys kept your subscription to this thread...but in the chances that you did, how are things going in your app cycle????
I just got an acceptance from a newfound top-choice (I wouldn't have regarded them so highly had I not visited for the interview) at Penn State and I'm stoked!
It has been a long road to get where many of us are and I just want to recognize this MCAT support group as part of our journey :thumbup:

THE GREATEST MCAT THREAD THAT EVER LIVED !!!!!! Congrats on the acceptance Matt! That is awesome. :thumbup:

EDIT: One of my good friends from school interviewed at Penn St over break and is hoping to get an acceptnace there as well. She is a penn resident, so that is added incentive. Maybe you two will be classmates!!

Congrats to you too, for UC IRVINE!!! that is amazing!
you lucky California man you!
lol im just jealous you get to kick back in SoCal while I'm up in the northeast complaining about the cold !

Haha, yea i am pretty lucky to be able to stay in SoCal. yesterday i was walkin back from rugby practice with out my shirt on cuz i didnt want to get it all nasty and i passed an older man (probably a professor) who chuckled to himself and said "No shirt? In the middle of January? Only in California." :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
6 interviews: UAMS, SUNY Upstate, NYMC, Rosalind Franklin, Meharry, and Western.

Just had the interviews for the first 4. Interview at Meharry on the 6th and Western on March 12th.

Keep praying for me. I'm torn between uams and nymc and suny behind the 2

I don't know how many of you guys kept your subscription to this thread...but in the chances that you did, how are things going in your app cycle????
I just got an acceptance from a newfound top-choice (I wouldn't have regarded them so highly had I not visited for the interview) at Penn State and I'm stoked!
It has been a long road to get where many of us are and I just want to recognize this MCAT support group as part of our journey :thumbup:
Erm... Well...

I received 9 interviews so far?

the KING of waitlists....I bow before thee!

jeez raryn, don't they know you're the next Doogie?! I really hope they're not discriminating on age--that's illegal.
Perfectly legal to discriminate based on "life experience." Course, its six of one, half dozen of the other....

I'm still hoping WashU or DMS (or Rosalind Franklin I suppose) will accept me. Either that, or I start begging my waitlisted schools...

holy **** Raryn. You are young. When did you start college? Or how fast did you finish?