The 7/08/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
didnt see a thread for this date yet and I just switched mine from June 13th, so hope the extra time will help, Im about to take my 2nd FL (1st one MCAT CBT #7 VR-14,PS-5,BS-10) how is everyone else coming along????

Members don't see this ad.

enjoy the 30 day wait!!!! the last 3 days suck 1000 times harder than the first 27. try not to be the ones refreshing constantly on the day of score releases, you will go insane. i fell into that trap, wanted to throw myself through a window, went to the gym and completely forgot about the test. when i came back, scores were up and life was good. it was the best decision i had made.

there was enough info to answer that direction question every1 is talking about. it was pretty easy if you found the right info from the passage.

Ok, so I dont want to sound like a jerk, but I am sooo glad to look on here and see that everyone else was just as confused on the PS. Lets hope for a really good curve

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't frequented any of the other threads for other MCAT dates, but is it common for people to think it was as hard as everyone has thought this one was?

what topics did you ppl have for PS, i cant seem to remember one of my passages:
i remember 3 gen chem: one with enthalpy and adding equations, one with calorimetry, and another really easy one
for physics, i remember blood pressure-fluids question, weightlessness with space ships being tethered together, and the crazy one with torque, magnetism, capacitors, etc.

i am worried i forgot an entire passage

Being as objective as possible, how did you all feel about each section on that test as compared to your practice tests?

The whole time I was thinking "I know everyone 'thinks' the real thing is harder so I'm not going to freak out when theres one I don't know etc.". However, after leaving the PS I was very worried b/c I'm pretty good at predicting my score on tests (and was pretty good w/ the practice exams too). My worry is that although this one may have been a little harder, the curves on E-mcat.com vary MAYBE by 1-2 points per scaled score bracket and I know that's not enough to compensate for how uncomfortable I felt.

Also, the consensus seems to be that verbal was fair, but I thought it was a little longer which threw off my timing and made me guess/rush through a few more questions than I am used to, so I am also slightly worried about verbal.

I didn't really practice WS, but I have to say - I think I produced some quality stuff. I'm glad I could perform well on the only section that doesn't matter.

Bio was my saving grace I think. I was contemplating voiding until I went through it and felt fairly comfortable.

Overall I'm somewhat discouraged. I had a practice range of 37-39 on 13 tests (7 aamc and 6 kaplan) but I feel like theres no way I got it. I never felt as bad coming out of a practice test as I did the real thing. I suppose its not uncommon for people to choke on the real thing... Anyhow, let the wait begin.

Being as objective as possible, how did you all feel about each section on that test as compared to your practice tests?

Overall I'm somewhat discouraged. I had a practice range of 37-39 on 13 tests (7 aamc and 6 kaplan) but I feel like theres no way I got it. I never felt as bad coming out of a practice test as I did the real thing. I suppose its not uncommon for people to choke on the real thing... Anyhow, let the wait begin.

The VS was a bit long...dense like no other! I felt the exact opposite of you with the PS and BS though - feeling better about the PS and not so great with the BS. But I think which version you happened to get made a big difference this time, which is a bit sad and strange. Anyway, that's not why I am writing - if you were pulling in 37-39 average practice, I'd say you've got a pretty great buffer there! Don't be too down on youself! it makes those of us who would kill to break the 30's feel silly :oops:

real test is always harder than those joke aamc practice tests

anyone remember their ps sections??
i am worried that i missed one and need to reschedule a test date

As I continue to ruminate over the exam, I feel like I did worse each time. For example, I cannot remember if I performed the right steps on certain calculations that I know how to do well. Everything seems to be a blur!

I felt as if the PS was much harder than the practice tests. I think I made a handful of educated guesses or I used process of elimination too much for my comfort. The BS was more time consuming than usual, as far as making sure that you mapped out the correct cause & effect relationships from the passages.

I started to feel pressed for time and picked up the speed on both the PS and BS passages. Hopefully, it didn't impair my performance.

Verbal is my weakest area, but strangely, I felt like I performed better on that section than PS, which really scares me. As a non-traditional student, I'm am worried that this exam will put a damper on my chances of getting into medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The VS was a bit long...dense like no other! I felt the exact opposite of you with the PS and BS though - feeling better about the PS and not so great with the BS. But I think which version you happened to get made a big difference this time, which is a bit sad and strange. Anyway, that's not why I am writing - if you were pulling in 37-39 average practice, I'd say you've got a pretty great buffer there! Don't be too down on youself! it makes those of us who would kill to break the 30's feel silly :oops:

Hey, too true. I'm not as concerned with the score, persay, as just knowing that I did my personal best. But, in the end it's just a test and medical school is my goal, not a high grade on the MCAT. I can't believe we have to wait soooo long! My DAT friends have their scores by the time they get home lol.

i actually saw a girl talking on the phone outside of mine. I dont know what happened to her if anything. You shouldn't worry

HELLO! Is it possible to use the "Pause" button and stay on the "ok or cancel" window to save some time during the real thing? Thanks!

HELLO! Is it possible to use the "Pause" button and stay on the "ok or cancel" window to save some time during the real thing? Thanks!

Forgive me for responding so late as I was imprisoned thanks to the punishment I received for being too 'talkative'.

The answer to your question is "NO" there is no pause during the MCAT. However the test will not restart when you're on your break so you can take a little more than 10 minutes.

30 days sure is a looooong time!

are we pretty sure that aug 11 is the date of the score release? i want to call off work (i'm pretty sure i'd be fired if they saw my level of productivity that day) but i can't go calling off multiple days for no real reason :oops:

30 days sure is a looooong time!

are we pretty sure that aug 11 is the date of the score release? i want to call off work (i'm pretty sure i'd be fired if they saw my level of productivity that day) but i can't go calling off multiple days for no real reason :oops:

i think its 30 days approximately. my friend got theirs a day earlier.

can't wait to see my writing sample score....:)

*imagines AAMC WS grader sitting with headphones/talking on cell phone grading our essays!

i seriously dont even want my score back. i like living in this fairy tale land where i think i did half-way decent.

Why are some of you saying the 11th? 30 days from 7/08/2008 is the 7th or 8th of August depending on how you look at it. That is either a Thursday or Friday. I was just checking to see if you all know something that I don't.

Why are some of you saying the 11th? 30 days from 7/08/2008 is the 7th or 8th of August depending on how you look at it. That is either a Thursday or Friday. I was just checking to see if you all know something that I don't.

On the AAMC website they have the scheduled score release date of the 7/8 and 7/10 test dates as Aug. 12th. Scores have been released a day early, thus people are saying Aug. 11th.

Anyone take any cool vacations?

I think we all should go mountain climbing to test our sympathetic/parasympathetic reflexes...that was my favorite BS passage :)

I didn't go anywhere, but I'm harnessing this nervous energy by learning Arabic while I wait. Ana mab soot!:)

yup i almost had a heart attack yesterday
they shud really have the scores in a week

haha, i'm totally hating how everyone who isn't completely familiar with the mcat keeps asking about it like HEY ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU TOOK IT, SO HOWD YOU DO?

yeah, if i have to answer the question "so how was the mcat, how did u feel?" one more time, i think i might explode

Yep, I've been fielding those questions several times a week, too. I sort of wish that I had kept the whole thing to myself. :D

I totally agree, my stock answers of MCAT performance are getting tired...

In seven days, we will know.:thumbup:

I'm betting on Thursday or Friday as well, because the 5/27 MCAT socres came out on 6/26 (30 days later), and the 6/13 scores came out on 7/14 (31 days later--but there were 2 administrations that day). 30 days from our test date would be Thursday, and 31 days would be Friday.

Last edited:
I'm betting on Thursday or Friday as well, because the 5/27 MCAT socres came out on 6/26 (30 days later), and the 6/13 scores came out on 7/14 (31 days later--but there were 2 administrations that day). 30 days from our test date would be Thursday, and 31 days would be Friday.

Have you seen the score release dates at AAMC? Your score will not be released this week. It will be released Monday...or Tuesday.

I Doubt it. The 7/8 and 7/10 scores come out the same day if I'm not mistaken, so I assure you that the 7/8 scores won't be out until Monday or Tuesday (11th or 12th).

Haha I would both really really want this and really really not

I Doubt it. The 7/8 and 7/10 scores come out the same day if I'm not mistaken, so I assure you that the 7/8 scores won't be out until Monday or Tuesday (11th or 12th).

I went back and looked at more MCATs this year: 5/23, 31 days; 5/10, 30 days; 4/19, 30 days. That means the past 5 MCATs have been graded in either 30 or 31 days, without exception. Why is ours supposed to take 35 days?

I went back and looked at more MCATs this year: 5/23, 31 days; 5/10, 30 days; 4/19, 30 days. That means the past 5 MCATs have been graded in either 30 or 31 days, without exception. Why is ours supposed to take 35 days?

Do you really think that AAMC will release the scores for 7/8 ad 7/10 on different days when especially they've indicated that scores for people who took their tests on these dates will be released on August 12th? Now I know thats more than 31 days for you 7/8-ers, but it doesn't seem like they release the scores 3, 4, 5 days before the date they say they will release the scores. I've heard of them releasing the scores a day before that day (i.e: scores are supposed to be released on tuesday but are released monday), but not 3-5 days earlier.

If your scores are released on 7/8, that's great, and please let me know so that I can get my scores.

Do you really think that AAMC will release the scores for 7/8 ad 7/10 on different days when especially they've indicated that scores for people who took their tests on these dates will be released on August 12th? Now I know thats more than 31 days for you 7/8-ers, but it doesn't seem like they release the scores 3, 4, 5 days before the date they say they will release the scores. I've heard of them releasing the scores a day before that day (i.e: scores are supposed to be released on tuesday but are released monday), but not 3-5 days earlier.

If your scores are released on 7/8, that's great, and please let me know so that I can get my scores.

im still betting on friday or monday (would they release it on weekends?) but i think my friends have said its somwhere between the 30 day mark 8/7 and the release date 8/12.

I haven't been posting this time around, I have been trying to avoid SDN for my second go round of the mcat for stress management purposes....which I suggest for anyone taking the mcat period honestly because of all of the 34-40 (which, more power to them, I wish I was capable) people who post and make the "striving for a 30, happy with an upper 20's" person like myself lose confidence. Anyway, enough with that rabbit trail.... good luck to everyone and I would be lying if I said I won't be checking fairly often the next couple of days.... even though im sure it will be at least monday untill its up.

Also, to make up for previous discussion, I thought the VR was the hardest just because it was pretty dense and long. The questions weren't unbelieveable hard, but the passages were pretty tough. I though PS was pretty ambiguous, but I ALWAYS feel like I know about 50% and guess on the other 50% so we will see. and I thought BS was pretty similar to AAMC.

Good luck to you all, and I genuinely hope everyone gets the score they were working towards because there is nothing like working hard and succeeding .