The 7/08/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
didnt see a thread for this date yet and I just switched mine from June 13th, so hope the extra time will help, Im about to take my 2nd FL (1st one MCAT CBT #7 VR-14,PS-5,BS-10) how is everyone else coming along????

Members don't see this ad.

scores are.... not up!!!!

*counts the heart attacks that just happened :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
now that we're so close, there's like a permanent knot in my belly! if it doesn't come out tomorrow (which it prob won't), that's the whooole weekend. oy!

now that we're so close, there's like a permanent knot in my belly! if it doesn't come out tomorrow (which it prob won't), that's the whooole weekend. oy!

No chance they come out this week for the 100th time. July 8 and 10 are due to be released on the same day...Aug 12th, which probably means they will be out on the 11th.

I disagree, I think that they could come out today or Monday. The release schedule is subject to change. It doesn't follow that simply because 7/8 and 7/10 are scheduled, tentatively, for the same day that they must be released on the same day. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see 7/8 at 5pm EST today and 7/10 at the same time on Monday.

I agree with Simplify...in my opinion there is a chance that 7/8/08 could be released today as today is the 31st day from the exam date.

I guess that is why I am nervous right now...:scared:

I agree with Simplify...in my opinion there is a chance that 7/8/08 could be released today as today is the 31st day from the exam date.

I guess that is why I am nervous right now...:scared:

And there's a chance I might win the lottery tonight. I tested on 7/10, but if I were a 7/8 test taker i wouldn't be sitting by a computer waiting for scores today--it's Friday, enjoy the afternoon.

looks like we will probably be waiting untill Monday or Tuesday.... I figured so anyway

Yup, looks that way. I wonder why our group is getting screwed relative to everyone else. (The last 5 MCATs all had the scores come out 30 or 31 days after the test, and the SOONEST we'll get ours is 34 days.)

This really sucks for me because I'm registered for the 8/15 MCAT, "just in case." (I'm really worried about how I did on the PS section, and if comes out very low I'll have to retake.) I had to start studying for the retake 2 weeks ago, because I thought I'd have "only" a week between getting my score and the second test date. (I thought I'd get my score today.) Now I have to keep going, because my window is only going to be 3 or 4 days. If I DID get an OK score, I'll have wasted a whole extra weekend studying for nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08

I pulled this from another thread, the first date is the date of the MCAT administered, the second is the date and time of the actual score release, the last date is the "tentative" AAMC scheduled release date.

One more weekend, see you all on monday! I hope we all get the scores we want.

Yup, looks that way. I wonder why our group is getting screwed relative to everyone else. (The last 5 MCATs all had the scores come out 30 or 31 days after the test, and the SOONEST we'll get ours is 34 days.)

This really sucks for me because I'm registered for the 8/15 MCAT, "just in case." (I'm really worried about how I did on the PS section, and if comes out very low I'll have to retake.) I had to start studying for the retake 2 weeks ago, because I thought I'd have "only" a week between getting my score and the second test date. (I thought I'd get my score today.) Now I have to keep going, because my window is only going to be 3 or 4 days. If I DID get an OK score, I'll have wasted a whole extra weekend studying for nothing.
I hear ya'. I am in the same boat (took it on 7/10 though). I changed my retake date to 09/13 because I wanted to have more time to recover from the first set of scores and in case I decide to cancel, I want to get at least some of my $ back. This whole 1 mo. wait is really dumb...
Good luck to you and every one else:luck:

Are you considering the DO route by any chance??

I hear ya'. I am in the same boat (took it on 7/10 though). I changed my retake date to 09/13 because I wanted to have more time to recover from the first set of scores and in case I decide to cancel, I want to get at least some of my $ back. This whole 1 mo. wait is really dumb...
Good luck to you and every one else:luck:

Are you considering the DO route by any chance??

No. I've got nothing against DO's, but I really want to go to allo school. Although I'm a nontrad with some "baggage," I think I have a shot (postbacc GPA is good, and I think my overall MCAT score will be good also). I'm just worried about the PS because I'm from NYC, and really want to go to med school there so I can stay with my family.

All the NYC schools are quite competitive, and the good ones can be picky even about how you did on a certain section of the MCAT. (IF I got a 9 on PS, that would be quite low for their students, and if it's below a 9 I can basically forget it.)

You sound like a go getter. Good luck again!:thumbup:

No. I've got nothing against DO's, but I really want to go to allo school. Although I'm a nontrad with some "baggage," I think I have a shot (postbacc GPA is good, and I think my overall MCAT score will be good also). I'm just worried about the PS because I'm from NYC, and really want to go to med school there so I can stay with my family.

All the NYC schools are quite competitive, and the good ones can be picky even about how you did on a certain section of the MCAT. (IF I got a 9 on PS, that would be quite low for their students, and if it's below a 9 I can basically forget it.)

i just got an email that my file is complete at cornell... does that just mean they got my LORs? i thought schools got MCAT scores the same time we do..? anyone know?

i just got an email that my file is complete at cornell... does that just mean they got my LORs? i thought schools got MCAT scores the same time we do..? anyone know?

Dale, I think complete means you have submitted every thing was in your control which includes LORs. I do not think they consider the receipt of MCAT scores to be "in your control."

I am waiting for the 7/8 MCAT scores but I too have received emails from some schools saying that my file is complete. Usually, your "completed" file is put on hold till receipt of the MCAT scores.

Good luck!!

hey guys!11

good luck to the lot of us. Hope we all get the score we want.

Take care.

Dale, I think complete means you have submitted every thing was in your control which includes LORs. I do not think they consider the receipt of MCAT scores to be "in your control."

I am waiting for the 7/8 MCAT scores but I too have received emails from some schools saying that my file is complete. Usually, your "completed" file is put on hold till receipt of the MCAT scores.

Good luck!!

thanks Hope2
good luck to everyone:luck:

so i barely slept last night. these scores NEED to be released asap. this is going to be the longest/slowest day ever...

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests #'s)
VR: -
PS: -
BS: -

PREDICTED SCORES
WS: -

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
WS: -

I took this out of the other thread. It's a good format we should use for those of us who want to post scores. No matter what though, after today our wait is over and we can either retake in confidence, or be done with it.

Good luck everyone!

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests #’s)
VR: - 6
PS: -12
BS: -12

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - (hoping) 7 or more
PS: - 11/12
BS: - 11/12
WS: - Above O

Hey guys, good luck today!

And please, no matter what your score - take the time to fill out the chart that nkhan posted. I, along with countless others, found it to be an invaluable resource when I was preparing for the MCAT and would hope to see us helping others along as well.

I'm going to play golf until about two, so hopefully our scores are up and I'll see y'all then!

Guys, I'm not sure if I can believe my eyes, but I'm pretty sure I just signed into MCAT THx and my score is up (took it July 8th).

Just fyi :)

ps: best wishes to all

posts in other forums suggest that people who took it at different times on the same days sometimes had their scores released several hours apart from each other--maybe July 10th scores will be released later today?

VR: -6
PS: -7
BS: -8

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: -5
PS: -6
BS: -8
WS: -M

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
VR: -10
PS: -09
BS: -09
WS:- M

THE SCORES ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

VR: -8.75
PS: -9.4
BS: -9.75

my average overall was a 27.9

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - between a 7-11
PS: - between 8-11
BS: - between 9-11
WS: - anything

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
VR: -7
PS: -9
BS: -11
WS: -N
overall-27N

(i did lower on verbal, average on ps and higher on biology)

i really am happy with this score. i was feeling really bumbed about the test and was just hoping for anything over a 25. 30 of course would have been nice but verbal kicked my ass. im completely suprised that i was able to get a 7 on it.
Good luck everyone!

i took it july 8th and mine is up too

i was so nervous i thought it was going to be dreadful and a retake but i somehow beat all of my practice scores. i can't even believe this right now,

i'll post that avg/predicted chart later. best of luck to everyone today. and thanks to all the SDNers for all the tips and advice and support along the way

Last edited:
VR: -8
PS: -10
BS: -9

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: -8
BS: -7
WS:?

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
PS: -7
WS:-R

Total: 24R

I have a problem. I have already submitted primaries and am in the process of filling out secondaries, but what is the point in continuing with my score? I am really disappointed with my physical science score since it was typically my strongest area in practice tests. I desperately need some advice. I think i have a good application (3.45 gpa, research, extra-curriculars, varsity sport, good undergrad (NESCAC), Biochem, and lots of other things) and I am not applying to too many top-tier schools so i think i might still have a chance at allopathic (maybe i am just dreaming).

Should I continue with the application process or screw it and retake for next year, or whenever.

Thanks in advance.

how did you get your vr score so much higher than your average? good job!

I honesty don't know, because this was my weakest section but a few weeks before the exam i used EK verbal book and took the exams using their method. so i guess it worked. now am mad at myself for waiting to submit after seeing my score because i thought i would score so low.

I got a 22L, and I'm not even sweating it.
PS-7
VR-6
BS-9
My total score seems about right, but the breakdown was a shocker. Walking out of the test, I was convinced that I did best on VR and worst on BS. I had a flippant attitude in the writing section, but the quality was excellent; I guess the grader took offense to my attitude.
BTW, I studied for over 700 hrs, but, unfortunately, I didn't learn as well as I should have during my actual undergrad classes

PS: -13

My first Time Taking(1/25/08)

VR: -5
PS: -14
WR-MMMM

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: -9
WS:MMMMMM

7/8 (Second Time) OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
WS:-MMMMM for mediocre

my ps went down a bit, but who cares....I AM SOOO HAppy about verbal 3 month of verbal practice in the summer.

Avg

PREDICTED SCORES

OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
PS: -11
WS:-Q

Living in NY, hopefully I get in somewhere, otherwise I have to retake, my highest mcat practice was 37, so i can still dream and retake :).

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: -11
BS: -10
WS: -R

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
WS: -R

Decent but not great...we'll see how things go from here

VR: -9
PS: -13

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - 9 or 10 I thought the passages were longer than usual but luckily I finished just in time.
PS: -10 I marked like 15-20 problems then gave up trying to go back and redo my marked questions. Most frustrating section by far.
BS: -11 I was fairly confident. Thought there was less emphasis on human anatomy (my favorite questions) and more on signal pathways/cell biology.
WS: -Q

7/8 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
VR: -11
WS: -Q

:) YAY! I thought I bombed it. I was seriously considering voiding. SOOO glad I didn't!