• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
35 miles from Pomona
Status (Visible)
Let's try this again!!

<a href="http://defaulteddocs.dhhs.gov/cgi-bin/ddocs_counter.pl" target="_blank">http://defaulteddocs.dhhs.gov/cgi-bin/ddocs_counter.pl</a>

jconway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
wait..if i am reading this right...then podiatry is somewhere in the middle of the pack....which isnt too bad
although percentage wise(total # of students versus # of defaults)...its higher than most of the other medical professions
so its worse than MD rates
but nowhere near as bad as chiropractic...
i would be interested to see how the trends have gone over the last 20 yrs for all medical professions...that is..are default rates higher/lower across the board or what
i would also liek to see the percentages per year..that is how many kids from 99 defaulted how many from 2000/etc...

some of the debts these pods have is unreal though...i saw one student as being listed as almost 4 hundred K in debt....thats just insane..who in the hell takes out that much money(even with interest factored in)???

regardless...this website should serve as a good lesson to others...buyer beware...and dont overextend yourself as a student cause we all have to pay sooner or later....and dont expect to make bigmoney when you get out.... the first few years may be tough

-j

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.