1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

The actual, correct web address for defaulted docs!!

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Toejam, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

Let's try this again!!

<a href="http://defaulteddocs.dhhs.gov/cgi-bin/ddocs_counter.pl" target="_blank">http://defaulteddocs.dhhs.gov/cgi-bin/ddocs_counter.pl</a>

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sher9mm

Sher9mm Member
    7+ Year Member

Post Doc
  4. jconway

jconway Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

wait..if i am reading this right...then podiatry is somewhere in the middle of the pack....which isnt too bad
    although percentage wise(total # of students versus # of defaults)...its higher than most of the other medical professions
    so its worse than MD rates
    but nowhere near as bad as chiropractic...
    i would be interested to see how the trends have gone over the last 20 yrs for all medical professions...that is..are default rates higher/lower across the board or what
    i would also liek to see the percentages per year..that is how many kids from 99 defaulted how many from 2000/etc...

some of the debts these pods have is unreal though...i saw one student as being listed as almost 4 hundred K in debt....thats just insane..who in the hell takes out that much money(even with interest factored in)???

regardless...this website should serve as a good lesson to others...buyer beware...and dont overextend yourself as a student cause we all have to pay sooner or later....and dont expect to make bigmoney when you get out.... the first few years may be tough

-j