The Admissions Council

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSox12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How reliable is this service? Is this a scam or are they a reliable, trustworthy, moneyworhy company

Members don't see this ad.

Any service that requires payment to look over your application is a scam. All the information you need to make your application as best as it can be is on the internet for free.

How reliable is this service? Is this a scam or are they a reliable, trustworthy, moneyworhy company

I have to disagree with you Doctor Strange. I used The Admissions Council services when I applied to medical school and found them to be very helpful. Of course there is great information on the internet for free, but there is also a lot of information that is not very good or simply incorrect. If I would have listened to what was on the internet I probably wouldn't be in an American MD program or DO for that matter. I felt the consultants there really helped me to create an application that would reflect my strengths and not focus on my many weaknesses including grades and MCAT. I was able to get multiple interviews and in all honesty don't think I could have accomplished all that I did without them.

Do I think these services are for everyone, not at all. I feel lots of students can go without it. But students like myself that aren't as competitive looking for that edge, well I can speak from personal experience that everything they told me to do worked like a charm. So are they a scam, absolutely not. Are their services reliable, without a doubt. If I had to do it all over again I would use them in a heart beat. So don't be so quick to judge these types of services that do help lots of students that need it. I don't know what they charge these days, but many years ago I remember the price being pretty inexpensive compared to other places. But I am not sure if that has changed.

To the op, if you want any specific details on my experience just PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to disagree with you Doctor Strange. I used The Admissions Council services when I applied to medical school and found them to be very helpful. Of course there is great information on the internet for free, but there is also a lot of information that is not very good or simply incorrect. If I would have listened to what was on the internet I probably wouldn't be in an American MD program or DO for that matter. I felt the consultants there really helped me to create an application that would reflect my strengths and not focus on my many weaknesses including grades and MCAT. I was able to get multiple interviews and in all honesty don't think I could have accomplished all that I did without them.

Do I think these services are for everyone, not at all. I feel lots of students can go without it. But students like myself that aren't as competitive looking for that edge, well I can speak from personal experience that everything they told me to do worked like a charm. So are they a scam, absolutely not. Are their services reliable, without a doubt. If I had to do it all over again I would use them in a heart beat. So don't be so quick to judge these types of services that do help lots of students that need it. I don't know what they charge these days, but many years ago I remember the price being pretty inexpensive compared to other places. But I am not sure if that has changed.

To the op, if you want any specific details on my experience just PM me.
Leave advertisement out of sdn.

right,All the information you need to make your application as best as it can be is on the internet for free.
1.gif