The admissions game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many med schools have you been admitted to at this point in the game?

• None

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • 1 (One of your public/state schools)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 1 (School other than one of your public/state schools)

Votes: 11 13.4%

Votes: 13 15.9%

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters

asama527

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are applying for this cycle ONLY. How many medical schools have you gotten into at this point in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

asama527,

I think you missed your calling as a pollster. If Gallup saw you in action on SDN, they'd be banging down your door.

Laurie

It's funny. It feels like everyone applying to med school is just a set of numbers. It's always interesting to see how many people hold the same views/expectations as I do and how many do not. It's also comforting to see the number "no acceptances yet" rising since you always hear about people who got into med school rather than those who have been rejected. But alas, no invitation from Gallup to give them idea on polls.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been offered 18 interviews, declined 4 and have been accepted at 6.

Stats:
28Q and 3.7

Originally posted by Sunday
I think it would be helpful to know when people had been on interviews and their applications complete.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

Originally posted by Sunday
Sure it's reassuring to see that most people have no acceptances but what if all those 20 are August MCAT people who turned in late applications? Not so reassuring when you took the April MCAT and your stuff was complete by August/September and you still have no acceptances.

I see where you're coming from. I'll launch another more informative poll when I have a good idea how to get this information. Thanks for the input.