The amount of non response from my shadowing email is embarrassing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted988749

I was looking back at my freshmen year shadowing request emails and it was so cringey lol. 13 email and not a single word except one doctor telling me his schedule is already full of med students and to contact him in the summer. It is what it is.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I was looking back at my freshmen year shadowing request emails and it was so cringey lol. 13 email and not a single word except one doctor telling me his schedule is already full of med students and to contact him in the summer. It is what it is.
I spent several years and over 50 emails/calls to physicians in private practice and hospital systems. Minimal response, all of which I was denied shadowing. I feel ya on this one. Grateful for scribing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is totally normal and happens to everyone. You may have better luck once COVID passes.

This was me prior to the pandemic... and of course I can't really get jack**** during it... It's really frustrating, and makes me want to punch boulders. Lord knows when the COVID-19 saga will be over and restrictions will finally lift.... And even when that time comes, I would've already graduated!! :(

lol I can't win :)