The Anomaly That Is Me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farley is god

Empty Tank.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all: +pity+

Okay:
I'm a 2nd time taker (took the bastard once in August.)

Here's my problem:

Last summer, I scored 30,32,34 on AAMC 4R, 5R, and 6R, respectively. However, when I took the actual thing, I scored significantly lower than what my trend would predict (as I've told some people already.) So this time around, nothing is giving me confidence, and I know a big part of this test is knowing that you can go in and kick its ass.

Everyone praises AAMC tests, but I'm afraid to take 7R (although I'll probably take it this weekend or early next week) because of my results with 4-6. I've taken a couple of Examkrackers, TPR's, and a Kaplan, all with satisfactory results, but I dunno...

Can anyone who's already done with this phase of their medical career offer up some advice? I'm gonna take 4 practice tests before next Thursday, but I just don't know if they're gonna do me any good.

I feel defeated because the first round gave me such a huge surprise blow.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah that definitely sounds like just a little bad luck. Were you nervous at all? I think that if you take the 7 and get a comparable score to the the other 3, then you should be just fine. And take as many practices as you can. . . I think the key is just to go in there knowing exactly what the test is gonna be like - which you will because of all the practice! Good luck!
:clap: Woo!

Hey there,

I'm in the same boat. Took it August 2002. Was doing alright (not fantastic, but decent) on my practice exams. Went in there feeling not quite prepared enough, and wanting so badly to do so well, that I got super nervous, and choked. It is all a psychological duel between me and then MCAT. Sadly, it won that duel last round, so that leads me back to the horror that is the MCAT for a second go around (and NOT wanting there to be a third).

Sounds like August was a case of "day of" jitters. I'd recommend trying to simulate test day for your practice exams as much as you possibly you can. Including the time of day, stress factors, and possible distractions. Set up a situation that will get you a little bit nervous about your practice test, doing whatever you need to do in order to acheive that...like, knowing it is your last practice be the real thing, or reminding yourself how important this test is, etc...

Shoutout to all the retakers. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you just had a bad test day, especially if you an avg of 32 on the aamc's. You should feel that you have an edge on this test since you know pretty much how the thing will go. At this point, the tests that you take should serve to bolster your confidence more than anything else. Hopefully you're scoring 32+ on them...and if you are, you should be fine come test day. Besides that, just spend a lot of time doing things you enjoy when you're not studying for the mcat, and try to take your mind off of it. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone! :)

And good luck to everyone else that's taking it... just a few short days left!

:eek: