The answers I got from AMCAS today.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. First question - The order they are being processed in: the guy said that everyone who submitted from the first day up till mid July are being treated like a "clump." That clump is supposed to be done by next week.

2. Second question - paper apps: they are just a summary, not our whole app. He said they should all have been sent by the "first of the week." Never heard that before :rolleyes:

I basically just called them to vent some frustration and ask why my app wasn't starting to be processed since it's been 6 weeks (pointless and a waste of money - I know) but I only waited 4 minutes at 4:30 this afternoon and got a very nice guy who told me that everything should be just fine, just be patient. At least he was sympathetic.

On a final note, I called my top choice med school (Mount Sinai) and asked them if they received any paper apps since if they were fed exed you'd think they'd be there by now. They said they have received NOTHING yet from AMCAS, absolutely no applications or anything and the lady said "they are telling every med school a different story and we are getting sick of it!"

Just thought I'd share the info. Seems like everyone gets a different story when they call AMCAS. :confused:

Oh well - Someday this place will be flooded with relieved posts about how it wasn't all that bad in retrospect now that we are all in and on our way to MD-hood!

Best of luck to everyone....

Members don't see this ad.

Ya know, I think as customers of AAMC, we are ALL due at least a partial refund for the services they are NOT providing.

Maybe we should start a new thread on this and see where it goes........

Yah i agree with the refund to. I was just thinking also, that if AMCAS starts sending out paper apps, it is going to cost them a mint in fedex charges. I wonder if with all of these problems, AMCAS is really going to end up losing money overall with the unexpected difficulties. That also gets me thinking. i wonder if the whole AMCAS online thing was a ploy for AMCAS to make more money. If it had gone according to plan, they would have saved tons of money in every phase of the application. Think about it, they dont have to print up any paper apps, they dont have to ship them off, etc. What do you guys think?

They certainly make a buck off all of us calling them. Apparently they actually charge for the calls - like it's a handy dandy service they offer us. I thought it was just the normal cost of a long distance call, but I had a calling card with 25 minutes left on it cut out and the reason I was told by the card people was because the number I was dialing must be charging extra like a 1 900 number.