Quantcast

the anticipation is KILLING me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saki0005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I need to know how I did on my MCAT. The closer I get to 8wks out, the more I obsessively check the testing Hx website. But the worst part is what the anxiety is doing to my GI tract. I'm either suffering from nausea or constipation. Or both. Usually both.

Oh and I actually like my PS, which can only mean one thing: it sucks and I am blind to it's crappiness. Aaaand, we're back to my constipation. And I can't even take anything for it because I'm on call until Wednesday morning. I never thought I'd have to choose between the toilet or the OR. :eek:

BradenDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
saki0005 said:
I need to know how I did on my MCAT. The closer I get to 8wks out, the more I obsessively check the testing Hx website. But the worst part is what the anxiety is doing to my GI tract. I'm either suffering from nausea or constipation. Or both. Usually both.

Oh and I actually like my PS, which can only mean one thing: it sucks and I am blind to it's crappiness. Aaaand, we're back to my constipation. And I can't even take anything for it because I'm on call until Wednesday morning. I never thought I'd have to choose between the toilet or the OR. :eek:

hmmm...I recommend alcohol for the anxiety and bran flakes for the constipation... :laugh:

Try not to think about it! We'll know soon! *fingers crossed*

Avalanche21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
saki0005 said:

I can definitely empathize with you on that one, I know it was killing my last year. I feel bad cause it's one of those things where you feel sorry for the other person, but you're also glad it's not you. Sorry, now I'm just being a jerk. Good luck :luck:

lilnoelle

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hated waiting last year. I waited optimistically, though, and my score grew with time... one look at my score when I actually recieved it, and I wanted to go back not knowing... :(

Avalanche21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
noelleruckman said:
I hated waiting last year. I waited optimistically, though, and my score grew with time... one look at my score when I actually recieved it, and I wanted to go back not knowing... :(

Sorry to hear, did you retake?

crazy_cavalier

T3-Weighted
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
noelleruckman said:

Same. At least now I'll never have to think about that damn thing ever again :smuggrin:

bubabugster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your anticipation shows that you have hope that things may be ok :luck: . I'm, of course, erroneously basing your reaction on my own behavior. When I think I performed well on something, I get nervous, excited, jittery etc. When I'm pretty sure I did badly, there really is nothing to anticipate. So, I hope everything works out for you! .

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting, too. It's funny because I remember for the first few days after the test, I thought I did horribily. However, those memories have faded, and as time passes, I think my score will be higher. Time is deceptive.

bubabugster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SeminoleFan3 said:
I'm waiting, too. It's funny because I remember for the first few days after the test, I thought I did horribily. However, those memories have faded, and as time passes, I think my score will be higher. Time is deceptive.

Then most likely your score is better!

cee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SeminoleFan3 said:

i dont think i will EVER be satisfied walking out of the MCAT.. its just one of those things

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
bubabugster said:
Your anticipation shows that you have hope that things may be ok :luck: . I'm, of course, erroneously basing your reaction on my own behavior. When I think I performed well on something, I get nervous, excited, jittery etc. When I'm pretty sure I did badly, there really is nothing to anticipate. So, I hope everything works out for you! .

I'm the opposite - I anticipate the results of a test more if I think I did badly. If I think I did well, I don't worry as much about it. But if I think I did badly, I can't wait to get the results so I can stop wondering just how badly I really did.

*sigh* And I'm really anticipating the results of this stupid MCAT .... doesn't bode well for me.

alex_shimp

Application Cycle..... good luck all.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't wait.... its not so bad when you have stuff to do, but when you are bored, it kicks in again...

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cee said:
i dont think i will EVER be satisfied walking out of the MCAT.. its just one of those things
No one feels good walking out of the MCAT. The first thing I did after I took the test was to go call this physicist guy I was dating at the time to ask him about the questions I wasn't sure about. (He said I had gotten them right.) When he asked how I felt, I said, "Like I was hit with a Mack truck." I knew I had done the best that I could, but I still felt that way. That about sums it up.

Members don't see this ad :)

thes_hunter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
noelleruckman said:

I did the same thing! Even though I have a good score, I built it up so high in my head that I cried when I saw my score.

My mom laughed at me when I called her up crying to say "I got a 92-94.6 percent mom!"

I was very very silly. :oops:

QofQuimica said:
No one feels good walking out of the MCAT. The first thing I did after I took the test was to go call this physicist guy I was dating at the time to ask him about the questions I wasn't sure about. (He said I had gotten them right.) When he asked how I felt, I said, "Like I was hit with a Mack truck." I knew I had done the best that I could, but I still felt that way. That about sums it up.

QofQuimica, I did feel good about my test when I walked out. But then again, I was dropped on my head as a babe. :D

--------------------------

To those of you who are waiting. What ever it is, it is. Nothing you do now will change it. Go outside. Play in the sun, visit your friends, you will know soon enough, and then if it is not what you would like it to be... it can be dealt with. It might be less comfortable than you would wish, but there is no way you can take the April 22nd, 2006 MCAT again, even if your Great Grandpa was best buddies with H.G. Wells.

I once read a great analogy. Life is like climbing a mountain. The summit is bare and windy and you only stay there a relativily short period of time. It's the sides of the mountains where things grow. So enjoy the process that brings you to your goal, and do not live your life for some future goal.

Pontifex Maximus

Rads-a-palooza
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wait until they start getting smart-assed and messing with your head by changing the message every couple minutes on the day of release.

UIC Killa

EM ES ONE
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
SeminoleFan3 said:

Mine was opposite seminole...after the test I thought I did ok or at least decent. As time passed I felt worse and worse, maybe it's some defense mechanism preparing me for the worse so I dont freak out at the moment of truth. The test just pulls at you !...right now I have absolutely no idea watsoever how I did...i had forgotten almost everything.

NontradICUdoc

Why so Serious?????
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started getting butterflies in my stomach yesterday just thinking about it. Last august, I thought I did well, of course I forgot that I had to guess on a boat load of questions in the end because I ran out of time, then came my score and I cried.

This time, I studied harder and practiced many more timed exams and finished, so I accomplished one goal. Then in my head pops in that I may have done worse :( :( :(

Executioner, just make sure it is a clean cut.

QofQuimica

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thes_hunter said:
QofQuimica, I did feel good about my test when I walked out. But then again, I was dropped on my head as a babe. :D
Ok, I will amend my previous statement: No one feels good walking out of the MCAT except for people who got dropped on their heads as babies. ;)

QofQuimica

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EMT2ER-DOC said:
I started getting butterflies in my stomach yesterday just thinking about it. Last august, I thought I did well, of course I forgot that I had to guess on a boat load of questions in the end because I ran out of time, then came my score and I cried.

This time, I studied harder and practiced many more timed exams and finished, so I accomplished one goal. Then in my head pops in that I may have done worse :( :( :(

I'm rooting for you, EMT2ER. I think you were a lot better prepared this time around. :luck:

jamaicandoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
any1 ever think that all the excitement and buildup maybe due to reading all these posts on SDN and thinking others are going crazy but im being normal an something is wrong with me, so you start getting all anxious and jittery and what not. i was totally not thinking abt my score until i just logged on and read all your posts..it makes me nervous

bubabugster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EMT2ER-DOC said:

I had exactly the same experience. I had form Bull Sheet in August and could not finish a single section. It was horrific because that had NEVER happened to me before on any practice test. Maybe it's because I was wearing a hood and started dozing off into it? Weird stuff. At least on this MCAT I finished everything. Like you, I feel like I may have done even worse this time around, because of the damned VR. Only one passage was easy.

bubabugster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
bubabugster said:
I had exactly the same experience. I had form Bull Sheet in August and could not finish a single section. It was horrific because that had NEVER happened to me before on any practice test. Maybe it's because I was wearing a hood and started dozing off into it? Weird stuff. At least on this MCAT I finished everything. Like you, I feel like I may have done even worse this time around, because of the damned VR.

saki0005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
will no one address my constipation?

just kidding. finally pooped. still a wad of nerves whenever i think about mcat though.