The April 2003 Score Release Countdown Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soonerpillow

Dime-a-dozen schmuck
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
12 more days...

Do you think they will be released at midnight (a la submitting AMCAS)? Or will it be at 9am or something?

If @ midnight: 269 more hours

If @ 9am: 276 hours

tick tock...

So how do you, personally, prepare yourself for seeing your score? Do you tell yourself to expect the worst, just so that your actual score will appear better? Or do you have utter confidence (and thus a less stressful waiting period)?
I sort of flip flop between the two. Sometimes I fantasize about a 40+. Other times I just hope I didn't do worse the second time.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I am going to keep clicking refresh (maybe at a rate of 1 click/second) at 9pm on June 23rd (since I am in CA) . Maybe at 9:05pm I will stop trying to check and will check in the morning.

Probably the scores will not even be up in the morning of the 24th. It will be probably like in the daytime of the 24th. Last year they said that the scores were supposed to come out on a certain day at 7 AM, I checked like every minute and then at about 1 PM the scores were up and lets just say I didn't like what I saw. I really hope that I did well this time. I really really really really don't want to take this test again.

soonerpillow,

I can't imagine a more stressful waiting period. I never imagine getting 40+, just because I try to be as realistic as possible and chances of me getting a score in the 99th percentile are just dreams. Some days I think that I got a 36 and some days I think I got a 26 on the test. At this point of the process, I would settle with anything above 28. I really want a 30, but don't we all. My numbers are ok and so even with a 30 I am still looking at 2-3 interviews at the most. And I might not even get that many. You see, my grades don't exactly catch your attention as you skim through my application and so in order for me to have a solid chance at landing an interview and getting in is to have solid MCAT scores( 30 is good, 32+ is great, for me at least). I even tried to start studying just in case I have to take the august test. I got through about 2 pages of chemistry (when I studied, I summarized the whole g-chem into 13 pages) and I just couldn't do anymore. I have no motivation and desire to keep studying. I just hope I got my 29-30 so that I can sleep at night.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't bring myself to study and even tho my books haven't moved from the front hall since April, when I think about going thru them it's like my mind/body just reject the thought. Am I depressed ... ? Maybe.

The thing is I have no real sense of what I got. I know my practice tests were EXACTLY the same which is good or bad, I'm not so sure. It was a better score than last summer but no 39.

I think I am obsessively combing thru SDN because I am so anxious, and afraid this might mean the final straw ... :eek:

Maybe if I had found a great hospital job (or even a job!) I would feel better but bad economy and MCAT hangover are a terrible combination for your friend Woolie.

Last time they were released around 4pm on the day they said they would be.

i'm happy to see that i'm not the only neurotic april 2003 mcat'er... I was getting worried there for a sec.

:)

So will scores appear on our amcas application page on the 24th or do we have to go through thx or something like that? What I am asking is what should I be checking on the 24th to find out my scores asap?

okay, since several people have said that the scores weren't posted until later in the day, we'll compromise and set the Official Countdown time according to 12pm EDT. That means:

266 hours and counting...

("man, is time oozing by or what?"

"Hey, soonerpillow."

"What?"

"You know, if you quit checking your watch every five minutes, it might go by faster..."

"Shut up!")

Good Luck to everyone.
I am traveling out of the country to an internet-less place for two weeks. I will be there when the scores are released. Hopefully, I can get my butt to an internet cafe or something.

Either way I got a 19...I just have to see what the score breaks down into. My guess is V7, P6, B6.

Who cares what we all got on the MCAT? I mean, what's all this stress worth anyway. Whatever happens, happens.

Originally posted by BushBaby
Good Luck to everyone.
I am traveling out of the country to an internet-less place for two weeks. I will be there when the scores are released. Hopefully, I can get my butt to an internet cafe or something.

Either way I got a 19...I just have to see what the score breaks down into. My guess is V7, P6, B6.

Yo Bush,

A bi you de go Naija?

Proph

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Prophecy
Yo Bush,

A bi you de go Naija?

Proph

Yeah yeah.....naija here I come. :clap: I can't wait. I will be eating jalof and pounded yam with ice cold Fanta...not thinking about this stupid mcat.

Hey SoonerP,

Thanks for taking charge of the AMCAS and MCAT threads ... we definitely need a postive guide on the journey; you're like our trusty scout! :clap:

I for one feel weak when I think of getting this score back ...

Originally posted by BushBaby
Yeah yeah.....naija here I come. :clap: I can't wait. I will be eating jalof and pounded yam with ice cold Fanta...not thinking about this stupid mcat.

fanta is the shiznit. hits the spot everytime.

Originally posted by woolie
Hey SoonerP,

Thanks for taking charge of the AMCAS and MCAT threads ... we definitely need a postive guide on the journey; you're like our trusty scout! :clap:

Awww shucks...thanks! We're all in this together so we might as well help each other out.

240 more hours...exactly 10 days.

I just keep thinking about it. Pondering how it will affect which schools I apply to, the confidence I will have, whether I wasted all of that time studying. I know worrying is bad. It serves no purpose and it even negatively affects your health. It's not logical to worry, but then, I'm not Vulcan, either...

I bet my test has already been scored. It's just sitting there with a few numbers written on it. I wonder what those numbers are...

it really pisses me off that it takes 8 weeks to get our scores back. they could probably have them to us the monday after the test if they wanted to (not counting the ******* essay). the waiting is driving me nuts, so i guess i too am not a good vulcan.

I think I'm more nervous now than I was before the exam!

I was too busy concentrating on the test and surviving Org II to be able to worry before. Now schools out, my apps are in and all I can do is wait!!! :(

On the plus side, I've been working out to manage the stress and I'm in better shape now than I was on April 26th! :laugh:

Love your signature quote, soonerp! Just named the new kitten in our house Gandalf the Grey.

Theresa

It really pisses me off that there's some computer out there, right now, that knows our scores!!! A stupid little cpu is sitting in an office somewhere, humming away to a screen saver, and IT HAS MY SCORE!!!

Phew.... lots of vented frustration there :)

- Quid

Good luck everyone !!

so glad I never have to worry about the MCAT again

only a single digit number of days left kiddos. who's checking at one past midnight, june 23rd? ;)

To be exact, it's 9 days, 3 hours (or 219 hours). :)

Yes, I'm gonna be checking. I don't care how many people say that last year..blah blah blah. I'm checking. :D It's going to be very exciting.

How do you guys want to handle your scores and SDN? In previous years, people just posted them on a thread made specifically for that. Are you guys planning on posting your scores on SDN? I guess it may depend on what those scores actually are, huh? I mean, your scores are a pretty sensitive issue, considering how hard you worked to get them and how much they impact your application. On one hand, it would be cool to see how everybody else did (as long as everyone can be encouraging and supportive about it. I would be willing to bet there would be a few trolls, though). On the other hand, it might cause tension between people with big score differences, in addition to trolls hurting people's feelings. Thoughts?

Originally posted by soonerpillow
How do you guys want to handle your scores and SDN? In previous years, people just posted them on a thread made specifically for that.

Not just that. People had the annoying habit of starting 25 "offiicial" threads with scores, starting 3 days before the release date, and everything was disorganized.

I propose that the first person to get their score start the official thread by actually posting their scores, along with a paragraph, or more, of preparatory info for curious newcomers who would like to, however vaguely, get a sense of how much preparation is involved with which scores.

But, lets not jump the gun just yet. Still plenty of time left.

yes i think the value in sdn (or part of it) is anonymity (sp). we should all feel comfortable posting scores and stuff b/c no one has any clue who anyone else is. it'll be much easier than comparing scores w/ pple from school.

Woohoo! SDN in is back, and thus, so is the countdown. We are getting reeeeeaaaal close, guys.

50.5 hours until 12pm ET, June 24.

38.5 hours until I'll be checking at 12am ET, June 23 (just in case...)

So how have you handled this past week sans SDN? It kind of took my mind off of my MCAT scores (just a wee bit). But now that it's two days away, I can almost imagine myself actually seeing my scores on the computer screen. What are they gonna be???

soonerpillow,

I tell you what. I am as nervous as hell. I get more and more nervous about my scores with every passing day. My problem is that I never did that well in my practice tests (about 27, 9 in every section) and eventhough I feel that I did better, I wonder how much better.

Well it is almost 2 more days until noon on the 24th. You think it is enough time to build my very own gas chamber. You know just in case. :D :D Just Kidding.

Two more days, goodluck all! I just hope my verbal is AT LEAST an 8 this time around! my last two scores:

5 VR, 9BL, 11 PS, Q

7VR, 10BL, 10PS, Q

MAN! I JUST WANT TO PASS VERBAL and since I had the FM version, physics as well.......... yikes!

in midst of all my finger-crossing and rabbit's foot-clutching, i think i'm going to tie a hangman's noose if i have to take this test again... i knew boyscouts would be useful someday ;)

okay, so far that's 2 planned suicides (deez & dmitri). As a future doctor, I'm going to prescribe some chill pills for this whole forum (myself included). I realize this test is a big deal, but c'mon, it isn't life and death (and yes, I realize you guys were probably (I hope) just kidding about the suicides).

That being said, back to the obsessive countdown ("What was that you said about chill pills, soonerpillow?"):

45 hours until 12pm ET, June 24

33 hours until 12am, June 24

Originally posted by soonerpillow
(I hope) just kidding about the suicides

haha, i just realized that it does seem that i could have been sincere about my (self)hanging :laugh:. worry not sooner, at most i will only be sourly disappointed with a bad performance. on that note, there still remain those who would rather be decapitated than have to study/sit through another mcat. :scared:

Wow, mass MCAT-induced suicides. :eek:

I've been pretty good at keeping this thing out of my mind, but now as it gets closer and closer I'm getting a little bit more nervous. I just hope that I'm not one of those people who can see the future in their dreams, because if I am that 5 on the verbal section is going to hurt.

Anyway, good luck to all!

ummm yeah.....i'm def confused as to where to look on the internet to get my AWESOME (riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggght) MCAT score.....could someone give me a look on this subject

"i close my eyes.....only for a moment and the moments gone"
-Will Ferrel "Old School"....originally done by Kansas

Right now, I'd be pretty happy if I could just sign in to THx ... I managed to get my account locked and get an error when I try to reset my password. No response from the AAMC folks yet. ('Course, what do I do--expect them to work on weekends?)

Fretting over this technicality is a nice diversion from thinking about my MCAT score. If any of you would like to try it ... just type in the wrong password 3x and your account will be locked.

I don't know how you can get the error messages. That may be a special feature just for me.

Anyway ... happy MCAT obsessing!

hey DeChellD,

You said you were confused on where to get it when its put on the web. You need to go to the following address:

https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

Here, if you haven't registered an account, then create one and you can login. This is where the MCAT scores will show up on June 24.

Oh yeah.. and nice quote in your signature. :)

Originally posted by chocolate-e
Right now, I'd be pretty happy if I could just sign in to THx ... I managed to get my account locked and get an error when I try to reset my password.

what's the error message? There's plenty of CS geeks out here; maybe one of us can help you debug your error. :cool:

Thanks ... it's kind of long ...

Error Diagnostic Information
An error occurred while evaluating the expression:
q_getLocked.recordcount GT 0 AND
(q_getLocked.locked_rec_source_cd NEQ "#client.mcat_rec_source_code#"
AND q_getLocked.locked_rec_source_cd NEQ "#client.fap_rec_source_code#"
AND q_getLocked.locked_rec_source_cd NEQ "#client.amcas_rec_source_code#")
Error near line 72, column 39.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error resolving parameter CLIENT.MCAT_REC_SOURCE_CODE
The client variable MCAT_REC_SOURCE_CODE does not exist. The cause of this error is very likely one of the following things:
The name of the client variable has been misspelled.
The client variable has not yet been created or has timed out.
To set default values for client variables you should use the CFPARAM tag (e.g. <CFPARAM NAME="Client.Color" DEFAULT="Red">)
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFIF), occupying document position (72:5) to (75:80) in the template file D:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\AUTHREGISTRATION\FORGOT\DSP_SECURITYQUESTION.CFM.
Date/Time: 06/22/2003 09:58:53 PM
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Remote Address: 206.134.137.97
HTTP Referrer: https://services.aamc.org/authregis...vices.aamc.org/mcatthx/index.cfm&fromApp=MCAT
Query String: fuseaction=security&returnto=https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/index.cfm&fromApp=1794&CFID=983427&CFTOKEN=2829700-4207f832-4849-4b0a-b8ce-e5fb09e1de19

Yo yo yo. Not much to say, but just to wish everyone luck. I'm hoping that there is a big fat curve on this MCAT, and that it's not due to any SDNer's. Good luck everyone!

God...this anticipation is driving me mad. The closer that D-day approaches, the worse i feel. It's now the 23rd..just one more day left..i honestly feel like throwing up...+pissed+ ..that'll probably be me in short time..:(

Less than 24 hours before the big day. This board will be a frenzy of emotion tomorrow! I should start getting nervous any time now.

Good Luck Yall.

Alright, guys, the "just in case" checking has begun in earnest as of this morning. Alas, no luck yet. According to a post by Moskeeto in the Pre-Allo forum, an e-mail from AAMC says it will be "early" Tuesday. That doesn't help much because we don't know what they mean by "early." Oh well, at least we should know by noon tomorrow, you think?

Official time:

28 hours until 12pm ET June 24

16 hours until 12am ET June 24

tick tock, baby, tick tock...

I've got to find a way to keep myself occupied today, so I don't go nuts. I think I'll watch a movie or two, play some Diablo 2, watch some Wimbledon, work out, and check SDN every few minutes.

This is fun, actually. I'm excited.

The mistake I made was to tell people (mom, boyfriend, close friends, etc) that the scores were being released tomorrow. Now I have to call and tell them the bad news if my scores are not so hot.... That's just going to make it 100x worse!!! :(
I'm very very nervous!