1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

"The arguement assumes the following:" questions

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by mohad, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mohad

Pre-Medical
    I seem to be getting these types of questions wrong a lot on my practice tests, particularly in boths cience sections. I feel like I understand what's going on in the passage, but I can't figure out what to mark as the answer on these questions. I can always narrow it down to 2 choices, and then pick the wrong one. Any tips for answering these types of questions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ajc28

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The strategy I used is simply going choice by choice and saying "if this is not true, does the argument still hold up?" For example, if the author is proposing a change in policy, an assumption might be that the old policy was insufficient or something like that.

Of course you first need to have a good understanding of the argument the author is making.