1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

The Berkeley Review

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Bug4t, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Bug4t

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone used the Berkeley Review and finished taking the MCAT? I have found many discussions on people planning to do the Berkeley Review/buy the books but none that have actually used the books and took the MCAT. If someone has please let me know what you thought of the books.
    Thanks

2. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you need to use the search function better since there were plenty of us last summer that used them and took the MCAT.

To answer your question,
    I took the MCAT last August and found them to be the best books for gchem, phy, ochem. They also have a decent verbal with tons of passages.

3. Malayna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm using them now and love them. I inherited EK and PR books for free and haven't touched them in weeks, because BR is so much better. I agree with JDub that their strength is in chemistry and physics. Their general chemistry book is amazing. I'm also lucky because the author (Todd Bennett) is the one teaching many of my classes, so it's nice to get some extra insights on some of the topics.

I actually like EK biology text better than BR, but I prefer BR questions and explanations.

For verbal reasoning, I'm trying to use BR, EK, and PR to get as much practice as possible.