The best airway device is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angry Birds

Angry Troll
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
... The King Vision VL.

Hands down.

Been using it for almost two years now. Haven't missed a tube. Always get "wow, that was the smoothest intubation I've seen" sort of comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The one you're best at and most used to. For me, that's the glidescope. I wouldn't be surprised if with practice there was a better one for me, but I can't remember the last one I had a lot of trouble with.

Reactions: 1 users
A fully functioning epiglottis and muscles of respiration.

Reactions: 4 users
VL with bougie...no more difficulty getting stylet/tube into correct position with Glidescope...not that it is too much a problem after using the Glide for a while, but every now and again I would get flustered with that.
But +++1 to the above by WCI!!

I agree with the above that whatever you are best with is the best device, and for me that's the bougie. Bougie has saved my butt more times than every other adjunct combined.

Reactions: 2 users
No no you guys are misunderstanding. I'm not asking you what you think the best device is. You are all wrong. It's the king Vision VL. That's the correct answer.

Reactions: 4 users
Love the king vision. More so than glide scope. My training has been glide scope heavy, is that what most others' has been?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I trained in a VL heavy shop. Im a recent grad too.

As an attending I use DL 100% of the time. Bougie as main adjunct. VL used once.

Im a firm believer that your back ups are reserved for times your primary fails.

The fact that some new grads cant/dont DL baffles me.

Members don't see this ad :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
King Vision vs. McGrath Mac?

Ready!

FIGHT

Best post in thread.

Metal Man first to get the Metal Blades, which are the best weapon in the game.
THEN Wood Man (use Metal Blades)
Air Man (Use Leaf Shield)
Crash Man (Use Air Shooter. Crash Bombs are otherwise useless)
Bubble Man (Start again with Metal Blades)
Flash Man (Metal Blades again)
Heat Man (Bubble Lead)
Quick Man (Flash Stopper, then Air Shooter).

Metal Man first to get the Metal Blades, which are the best weapon in the game.
THEN Wood Man (use Metal Blades)
Air Man (Use Leaf Shield)
Crash Man (Use Air Shooter. Crash Bombs are otherwise useless)
Bubble Man (Start again with Metal Blades)
Flash Man (Metal Blades again)
Heat Man (Bubble Lead)
Quick Man (Flash Stopper, then Air Shooter).

You only need flash stopper during the actual quickman fight if your reflexes suck. I assume you meant to survive the level.

You only need flash stopper during the actual quickman fight if your reflexes suck. I assume you meant to survive the level.

I do it the other way 'round, but I have the "falling" part of the level memorized.
I use the Flash Stopper to whittle away half of his energy bank because I like seeing the stars on the screen.
Quick Man's stage music is freaking sweet.

I've used the King Vision and like it overall, but it's not my favorite. It's a little too big and worthless if there are a lot of secretions / vomit. Personally prefer DL (mac 3 is my go to blade) with bougie nearby. I'm a big fan of the c-mac since you can use it first as DL and then if you're having difficulty getting a good view, just look up at the screen and use it as VL. Every additional attempt increases mortality and c-mac lets you use both DL and VL (if needed) with one attempt.