The best dirt on the web right now!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grandmawrinkle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is ON PROBATION with the Arkansas State BON

For violating 17-87-309(a)(4)&(6) which includes

(4) being habitually intemperate or being addicted to the use of habit-forming drugs

AND (6) being guilty of unprofessional conduct

And was fined $2500.

WOW. THEY HAVE GREAT ROLE MODELS AND MENTORS OVER AT ALLNURSES.COM, DON'T THEY?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second best dirt around:

Does not even have a license to practice nursing.

Massachusetts license:
-placed on probation 5/21/08
-suspended 7/9/09
-expired while suspended 8/28/10

WHAT KIND OF GUIDE FOR THE NURSING COMMUNITY IS THIS?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
WOW. THEY HAVE GREAT ROLE MODELS AND MENTORS OVER AT ALLNURSES.COM, DON’T THEY?

No, they just have normal human beings. Now, what about your lilly-white wrinkled butt?

Isn't it a TOS violation to being up these real names?

While AN is a horrible place, this is an attack on a person, not AN. Substance abuse is an issue that affects all healthcare providers and we should support people to overcome their addictions instead of bringing them down.

grandmawrinkle is busy spamming the net with this. She posted this on another forum I visit (under a different name, of course).

But posting real identity is a TOS violation.

Last edited:
Methinks she was probably banned from allnurses. Now taking REVENGE! (Yawn).

Oldiebutgoodie

Funny because she posted this last month on AN..

Why I love allnurses ... seriously

Sep 26, 2010 09:54 PM written by grandmawrinkle | 25 Comments

Nursing Specialty: adult ICU
Received 648 Kudos from 180 posts

So...I've been peeking around the web, and I found this lovely
wink.gif
site called the Student Doctors Network (apparently fondly known as SDN.) I went on there and created an account and actually made a few posts (nothing inflammatory, and all related to nursing.)

Can I just say.....holy moly
eek.gif
.....it was very eye opening. I went on there to get a perspective on the "other side", being that I am of the opinion that nurses and physicians really don't understand each other very well.

The two things that hit me the most were:

1. Good Lord, these people have got to be the most competitive, argumentative, full of themselves people I've ever seen. It's all about who made the highest MCAT and why their degree is so much better than your degree (and that refers to everybody...PAs, NPs, other Doctorate prepared medical professionals e.g. PharmDs, DPTs, etc...even DOs get thrown in there sometimes.) It's a big huge "my weenie is bigger than your weenie" contest.

2. There are almost no threads where patients are mentioned. Yes, I know this is site largely focused on the educational preparation of physicians, but seriously, when physicians go to medical school, does it even occur to them that at the end point, they are going to be taking care of the patient in that bed? And Lord, if they are that condescending to other medical professionals with college degrees and beyond, what can they possibly think of poor Bubba that just got diagnosed with colon cancer that never finished high school and works in a factory, that they now have to treat? If nurses are no better than the dirt under their shoe, what can they possibly think of their patients?
eek.gif

Whoooooo, man. I came back here and got warm fuzzies. I love you all (even the old, cranky, mean ones...and you know who you are) and am so happy that I am one of you.
redpinkheart.gif

And then I was banned. Probably for fun, from an admin that was likely as high as a kite.

Gotta love it over there.

Why were you banned, you have been a member for barely 2 months?

And then I was banned. Probably for fun, from an admin that was likely as high as a kite.

So in other words, you're bitter and you have nothing better to do than trawl the internets talking smack.

All righty, then.

I don't really "know" why, the admin in question that banned me sent me a PM prior to her banning me but once you are banned, you can't get back into your account to find out what you did. In the post where I got banned, it stated "TOS."

I have a feeling that what happened is I started a thread and a few posts down it got rauchy -- and I don't mean raunchy as in throwing out a whole lot of really horrible, distasteful stuff, I mean raunchy as in somebody said the "poop" word, and it wasn't even me. Thread shut down and banned. Period. End of story.

I did really like the site. They have a huge internet presence and some very nice members. However, the site is heavily moderated without an real standards, and up until very recently, I did not realize that it was a for profit site...which is certainly the owner's prerogative, but I think it is unethical to make people pay for internet friends and the dissemination of infomation within the nursing community. I never paid (you can visit there for free, in all but the "premium" forums) but I know of quite a few people that have, and then they have been banned, with a recurring membership payment being pulled out of their paypal accounts annually -- that they are still fighting. It also makes me really mad that they don't have any standards for their admins and mods. You can bet that every admin/mod on this site with a license is in good standing with their respective boards, and I am sure that is the case for every other healthcare-related board out there. AN speaks very poorly of the nursing community. I no longer support it and I will no longer go there, and I encourage other people to do the same.

Sure, I've gotten some heat for this. I don't really care. I don't see it as any different than the person that goes to the media with the information that XYZ politician is cheating on his wife (and it happens to be true.) I am simply an informant.

And Fab, I don't know who you are, perhaps we have crossed paths before. I don't know why you frequent this board as much as you do (if you want to talk about "trolling" .... at least I am on a mission). You are obviously not a pre-med. I don't really appreciate the fact that you are so self-depreciating about what it is you (we) do for a living (assuming your license is in good standing and you are working, of course, which I am going to go find out RIGHT NOW!!!! -- kidding). I don't feel like everyone with an RN license necessarily needs to promote the community, but I don't know why you feel like you need to tear it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, and apparently Fab has been banned from AN too, and posted about how they took her money. Nice little tidbit there.

A ban from Allnurses.com is like a badge of honor 'round these parts. Wear it with pride. ;)

I don't really "know" why, the admin in question that banned me sent me a PM prior to her banning me but once you are banned, you can't get back into your account to find out what you did. In the post where I got banned, it stated "TOS."

I have a feeling that what happened is I started a thread and a few posts down it got rauchy -- and I don't mean raunchy as in throwing out a whole lot of really horrible, distasteful stuff, I mean raunchy as in somebody said the "poop" word, and it wasn't even me. Thread shut down and banned. Period. End of story.

I did really like the site. They have a huge internet presence and some very nice members. However, the site is heavily moderated without an real standards, and up until very recently, I did not realize that it was a for profit site...which is certainly the owner's prerogative, but I think it is unethical to make people pay for internet friends and the dissemination of infomation within the nursing community. I never paid (you can visit there for free, in all but the "premium" forums) but I know of quite a few people that have, and then they have been banned, with a recurring membership payment being pulled out of their paypal accounts annually -- that they are still fighting. It also makes me really mad that they don't have any standards for their admins and mods. You can bet that every admin/mod on this site with a license is in good standing with their respective boards, and I am sure that is the case for every other healthcare-related board out there. AN speaks very poorly of the nursing community. I no longer support it and I will no longer go there, and I encourage other people to do the same.

Sure, I've gotten some heat for this. I don't really care. I don't see it as any different than the person that goes to the media with the information that XYZ politician is cheating on his wife (and it happens to be true.) I am simply an informant.

And Fab, I don't know who you are, perhaps we have crossed paths before. I don't know why you frequent this board as much as you do (if you want to talk about "trolling" .... at least I am on a mission). You are obviously not a pre-med. I don't really appreciate the fact that you are so self-depreciating about what it is you (we) do for a living (assuming your license is in good standing and you are working, of course, which I am going to go find out RIGHT NOW!!!! -- kidding). I don't feel like everyone with an RN license necessarily needs to promote the community, but I don't know why you feel like you need to tear it down.

Why are you so quick to throw stones at another nurse/assume that another nurse's license is in bad standing? You know nothing about me. I couldn't care less what you do/do not appreciate about me. I know who respects me here and that's all that matters.

Why was it you registered here just to rant about allnurses? I've actually contributed to many threads over many years, and I have stood up for nursing here more times that you will ever know about. Don't presume to tell me how to advocate for nursing.

"Why are you so quick to throw stones at another nurse/assume that another nurse's license is in bad standing?"

I'm not talking about you. Did you think I was? If I somehow insinuated that (unintentionally), I apologize. And as far as the others -- it's not an assumption, it's a verifiable fact.

"Why was it you registered here just to rant about allnurses?"

No, that wasn't the reason. Actually when I first registered over here, my account over there was in good standing. I registered over here for the sake of curiosity as my quoted post above (from over there) references.

"I've actually contributed to many threads over many years, and I have stood up for nursing here more times that you will ever know about. Don't presume to tell me how to advocate for nursing."

I'm not telling you anything, and I'm certainly not going to read through every thread that you have ever posted here to verify or disprove what you have just said. You aren't my issue. The few posts I have read from you and that business on your front page or whatever it is called -- the "R.N. Yippie. Skippie." business -- makes it seem that you are distinctly less than thrilled to be who you are. I'm just not really sure what the point of saying something like that about yourself is if you maintain that you are advocating for nursing.

Goes to show you...you don't know what you don't know.

Had you known what my previous avatar was, and had you been familiar with his music, the "Yippie. Skippie." would have been self-evident. And anyway, it's really nonya. (As in "nonyabusiness.")

"Idiot wind..."

Not interested in fighting with y'all. :sleep:

Thank you SDN for leaving up my OP. God knows somebody has reported it already and it has been deemed fit to stay.

:love:

Not interested in fighting with y'all. :sleep:

Thank you SDN for leaving up my OP. God knows somebody has reported it already and it has been deemed fit to stay.

:love:

The post has most certainly not been deemed fit to stay - at least not yet.

We have been discussing the issue at the senior Mod and Admin level for quite some time. Protecting user identity for another site is not an SDN TOS violation, especially if that information is publically available.

However, I will say that posting it here, there, anywhere is *very* distasteful to many of us and in the spirit of collegiality, several staff members have determined that this type of post is not in line with what we would like to see on SDN, even if publically available/known. Therefore, the OP's post has been edited to remove the personal identifying information.

Last edited:
I could use some clarification from those who know more about Allnurses. Are the real life names of their staff members provided on their site or did someone internet-stalk them to link the REAL name to the username? Alternately, did these individuals post something that made themselves identifiable?

No, they are not. The owner's name is known by everyone, but I have no idea how this individual came up with the identities of these members.

For all I know sirI is iris spelled backwards. I see know real way of knowing if the information is actually the person indicated. Libel for all I know.

OP seems to have one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave. Now where is my popcorn??

I don't understand those of you who are so against this information being made public? It's already public. The BON has a legal obligation to make the names of these nurses public for the safety of the patients.

If you were an employer, wouldn't you need to know that you are hiring a nurse that is impaired and whose license is on probation?

Siri is her real first name and it does not take a rocket scientist to find her LNC website. Yes that's right she gets paid to give out legal advice.

It's the holier than thou attitude of the mods who ban people left and right like they were merely squashing an bug, and then to find out they are role models for the largest nursing forum on the web. There's something terribly wrong about that IMHO :thumbdown:

I don't understand those of you who are so against this information being made public? It's already public. The BON has a legal obligation to make the names of these nurses public for the safety of the patients.

If you were an employer, wouldn't you need to know that you are hiring a nurse that is impaired and whose license is on probation?

Siri is her real first name and it does not take a rocket scientist to find her LNC website. Yes that's right she gets paid to give out legal advice.

It's the holier than thou attitude of the mods who ban people left and right like they were merely squashing an bug, and then to find out they are role models for the largest nursing forum on the web. There's something terribly wrong about that IMHO :thumbdown:

If you can't see what's wrong with someone on a personal vendetta going around the internets posting this information purely because she has an axe to grind, then I don't know what to say to you. It's not like she's doing it out of some lofty "duty to protect." She got banned, and she's mad as hell.

And it's really inappropriate to take on about what may or may not be wrong with another site on this site. This site is here to talk about issues that are pertinent to the medical profession. The owner and moderators have been gracious enough to extend the forums to include other members of the health professions, including nursing. Quite honestly, I find this appallingly embarrassing. It doesn't speak well for my profession, and I want nothing to do with any member who'd joining in on the bash-fest. And I say that as someone who was banned from the site.

If you can't see what's wrong with someone on a personal vendetta going around the internets posting this information purely because she has an axe to grind, then I don't know what to say to you. It's not like she's doing it out of some lofty "duty to protect." She got banned, and she's mad as hell.

The nice thing about America is that we are free to have own opinions. I respect your opinion. I don't deny that she did it out of anger. I guess I don't have such a big issue with it because it is public knowledge. If a nurse gets a 3 year probation with a $2,500 fine, that's pretty hefty. All other nurses are 1 or 1.5 years with a $1,000 fine. Either way if you're going to break the law you're going to have to be able to deal with any reprecussions. In her case I see it more of a case of what goes around, comes around. BTW. I did not let it remain on my website.

The nice thing about America is that we are free to have own opinions. I respect your opinion. I don't deny that she did it out of anger. I guess I don't have such a big issue with it because it is public knowledge. If a nurse gets a 3 year probation with a $2,500 fine, that's pretty hefty. All other nurses are 1 or 1.5 years with a $1,000 fine. Either way if you're going to break the law you're going to have to be able to deal with any reprecussions. In her case I see it more of a case of what goes around, comes around. BTW. I did not let it remain on my website.

If you didn't think it was a big issue, why did you take it down from your site? After all, "it's just public knowledge."

You still don't get it. The question is, how did she come to know the full names of these people and what states they were practicing in so she could look them up? If I were the vindictive type, I'd try to get my hands on her full name and spam the net with it, but that's not my style.

I've been a member here since 2002, and while I don't read every thread, I have to say this is probably the meanest thread I've ever come across. I really hope what goes around comes around in this case.

Last edited:
Seriously? The name of the thread is "The Best Dirt on the Web Right Now!!!!!" Not exactly a classy way to start a thread. In addition, we talk smack about SDN on another site, allegedly get banned from said site, come back to this site to talk smack about specific members of the other site and then start digging up dirt on members of this site when they disagree?

As stated, the whole point of this forum is actually to help other health care providers such as nurses make the transition from nursing to medicine. "We" are here as guests and when people drag trash from other forums, it is unprofessional and against the whole point of this forum at best.

However, what REALLY p@##*s me off is the fact that my question about probability density, wavefunctions and radial nodes has taken back seat to this trash talk thread. I may never find the answer to my question and I am having a difficult time coping. I cannot eat, sleep, make love to my wife or even focus on my studies. This thread is ruining my life... :D

The nice thing about America is that we are free to have own opinions.

You are free to have your own opinion, but on a privately owned message board you are not free to express them. It's a private club with it's own set of rules that you sign to abide by.

The proper place for disclosure of disciplinary actions by the state BON is not this forum, but theirs.

The public knowledge part doesn't bother me in the least. I've had problems with allnurses and would rather not have any further trouble with them. They hurt me to my core and I stay away to protect myself. Don't judge me because you have no idea what they did to me.

Yes, I certainly do get it. She may be the vindictive type. She was looking for a way to contact siri because she could no longer get on allnurses. She googled siri and legal nurse consultant and or whatever combination and came up with both siri's LNC site and also a statement regarding her nursing license. She didn't go looking for her address or license info. She was looking for a way to contact her which she felt her LNC site would be the only way, the google search was a surprise to her.

Last edited:
Seriously? The name of the thread is "The Best Dirt on the Web Right Now!!!!!

I would agree with that, that was a very poor choice of words, true, not classy. But that's on her.

However, what REALLY p@##*s me off is the fact that my question about probability density, wavefunctions and radial nodes has taken back seat to this trash talk thread. I may never find the answer to my question and I am having a difficult time coping. I cannot eat, sleep, make love to my wife or even focus on my studies. This thread is ruining my life... :D

I'm sorry to hear about that. This hasn't been a picnic for me either. In regards to getting info here, I've not had a lot of luck either :rolleyes:

I'll be going back to work here soon and in my new role need to be incognito. Don't want grandmawrinkle tracking me down. Bet you I can wean off faster than PSYCHONP!

I'll think there will be a lot of patients out there, right Paseo Del Norte! :laugh:

I don't know bro, I think I've been told the answer, I'm just a little dense. Or, out of my league, but one can try...

Dutch, I've received a fair number of responses. Regarding my dilemma, people have been very helpful.

For what it's worth, Paseo, I was totally impressed that you had started an intelligent conversation here at SDN. You should get some special recognition just for that!

But, I guess trash talk is just more interesting...

Oldiebutgoodie

Last edited:
Thanks! Sometimes my curiosity exceeds my intelligence and/or level of education, so I figured people who have spent a little time learning about electrons could help me out.

Sorry Paseo, the only thing I know about Shrodinger was something about that undead cat of his.

Oh, you mean the one where you basically insulted the entire SDN community...? :rolleyes:

She hops from forum to forum spewing vile comments whenever someone doesn't agree with her 100%. She now hates my site too :laugh: