The best Med School days are...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashers

Bacteria? Don't exist.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dang, you guys actually get snow days? We get told that we're in "professional school" and the 4 inches of snow that fell in an hour won't prevent people from coming to the hospital, or keep our patients in the hospital from getting sicker, so there's no way they're going to cancel class.

akpete

Drinks, anyone?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that colleges have snow days. :confused: Once in undergrad, my 40 minute commute turned into 2.5 hours due to snow. I had a required class that day otherwise I wouldn't have gone.

Supercluster

Ready for liftoff
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's rare, but even up in Buffalo we get the occassional snow day. We had 2 last semester. Not today, though, even though conditions were dicey. Oh well, I'm home now. :rolleyes:

tiredmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
We had two days off for ice in January... in San Antonio!!! It was maybe 1/2 inch ice, but the WHOLE town shuts down, all the freeways and everything!

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys get snow days? We had two school cancellations at University of Cincinnati- all the schools including the law, etc..etc.. except for school of medicine...apparently theres some rule that says it only closes for very specific and few things.

gaikokujin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha! beat you all. We got a whole MONTH off for a hurricane last year.

...oh wait. that actually sucked. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: (careful what you wish for....)

Biscuit799

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah last year we got several days off for hurricanes. They were the most beautiful days of the year.

WookieR2d2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go ti IUSM as well... and am so glad we got these past 2 days off! until now, they hadn't called a snow day since 1978!

sacallaco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
thats nothing..in new orleans we dont get snow days, we get "hurricane semesters"

Mixtli

Trying to smile real hard
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
**** ya! Another snow day!

Ok, back to studying viriology and metabolism.