The best Med School days are...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANCAdoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...snow days.

I'm loving this, we had two days off because of a blizzard.

Man, I should have spent it studying...

Members don't see this ad.

Dang, you guys actually get snow days? We get told that we're in "professional school" and the 4 inches of snow that fell in an hour won't prevent people from coming to the hospital, or keep our patients in the hospital from getting sicker, so there's no way they're going to cancel class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know that colleges have snow days. :confused: Once in undergrad, my 40 minute commute turned into 2.5 hours due to snow. I had a required class that day otherwise I wouldn't have gone.

It's rare, but even up in Buffalo we get the occassional snow day. We had 2 last semester. Not today, though, even though conditions were dicey. Oh well, I'm home now. :rolleyes:

We had two days off for ice in January... in San Antonio!!! It was maybe 1/2 inch ice, but the WHOLE town shuts down, all the freeways and everything!

Damn you guys get snow days? We had two school cancellations at University of Cincinnati- all the schools including the law, etc..etc.. except for school of medicine...apparently theres some rule that says it only closes for very specific and few things.

haha! beat you all. We got a whole MONTH off for a hurricane last year.

...oh wait. that actually sucked. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: (careful what you wish for....)

Yeah last year we got several days off for hurricanes. They were the most beautiful days of the year.

I go ti IUSM as well... and am so glad we got these past 2 days off! until now, they hadn't called a snow day since 1978!

thats nothing..in new orleans we dont get snow days, we get "hurricane semesters"

**** ya! Another snow day!

Ok, back to studying viriology and metabolism.