The Best Osteopathic Schools & Naturopathy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasonmabry

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying to osteopathic medical schools and I would like to know which schools are considered to be the best.

The second part of my message is in regards to Naturopathy. I welcome comments, not so much on the politics of naturopathy, but their training and the type of education one can really get at a school such as Bastyr. All comments are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

That depends upon YOUR criteria. Though I did not attend UNECOM, it would be my first choice.

As far as Bastyr (& any school for that matter), you get out of it what you put in. In the case of many DO schools, you have to put a hell of a lot into it...particularly in the clinical years, which are far too often, sorely lacking.

I have tried to no avail to find a ranking system for osteopathic schools. The bottom line. It's not about which apple is the shiniest, they're not all apples. That's a bit exaggerated but it holds fairly true (in my humble opinion). You want a well established school? Go to PCOM or CCOM. Want the best OMT training? Go to UNECOM or Kirksville. Want problem based curricula...etc, etc, and so on.
Investigate each school. Make a list of what you want from it. Then find the school that best fits it. If you want ideas feel free to email me. [email protected]
Take care.

i agree with the above posts it depends on what area you want to concentrate on. all schools are good in some aspect.

young guy np