the BEST part about reapplying is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thejonqproject

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
new amcas number?!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

i was really hoping you'd say acceptance .

Members don't see this ad :)
you don't even get a new one. sorry to ruin your, uh, silver lining.

Yea you dont get a new number..but think about that shiny new personal statement!! Especially that really cute first draft that gets ripped apart and laughed at by the time you're ready to click submit...

you get more use out of that snazzy business suit you paid so much for at the beginning of the first cycle?

you get to continue being obsessive over checking your email

you get more use out of that snazzy business suit you paid so much for at the beginning of the first cycle?

i'm definitely getting a new suit - the old one has the stench of failure on it, and i've been to 3 different dry cleaners as well as back to saks to try and have them take care of it - no luck.

if i reapplied i wouldn't change my PS. hells no. i would just submit superearly and maybe add some more clinical hours, research hours, medicine related activities to my ECs. i would rather sit on the bench some more than rewrite that PS except if of course it was offensively radical and you are pretty certain it was the red flag that kept you on the sidelines. man, i'm so cool with my sports analogies hahah.

i'm definitely getting a new suit - the old one has the stench of failure on it, and i've been to 3 different dry cleaners as well as back to saks to try and have them take care of it - no luck.

Are you George Costanza?

"Hey how's med school?"
"Oh, I am reapplying..."
"Oh..damn, don't worry you will get in this year."
"Thanks man"
While the other guy walks away you hear laughter

Thats the best part. (I am the reapplicant)

new amcas number?!

:)

I think you should really try to get some feedback from the schools where you were rejected. With your numbers, I'm guessing there's some kind to red flag that is holding you back (maybe the ECs, but it could be something else). You need to find out what this is and address it because on paper (or on MDapps, anyway), you look like a stellar applicant. Sorry about the tough year. Hopefully it's something that's easily fixed and you'll get in next year.

you get to continue being obsessive over checking your email

that's not a good thing. it's a disease. i still check my email >40x a day. i guess one time a premed, always a premed.

I think you should really try to get some feedback from the schools where you were rejected.

I know that reply wasn't meant for me but I thought I'd comment on it anyway :D . Here's my 'feedback' from BU

Dear ItOnlyTakesOne,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your application for admission to Boston University School of Medicine. I regret that we have been unable to reach a more satisfactory conclusion regarding your candidacy and I fear that anything we offer by way of explanation will also fail to satisfy you. Nonetheless, here is my best effort.

With 90-100 initial applications for every available seat in our entering class, it is inevitable that we decline many well qualified candidates. There is rarely a single, straight-forward explanation as to why we are unable to move forward with any individual application, but rather a series of subjective decisions reflecting our assessment of the individual applicant in the context of our entire applicant pool....
we have capacity to interview only about 1,000, so we are forced to make many arbitrary and subjective decisions...

Fail to satisfy me is right! The rest of the letter was more heming and hawing and general vagueness about the selection process. Well, now I've heard it from the horse's mouth (or from the assistant of the horse who sent out his previously composed e-mail) and can only hope some other schools are more constructive.

And....the best part about reapplying is getting to rehash the same topics 1000 more times with a whole new crop of SNDers!

Having to tell everyone you know who asks that you did not get in the first time.

NEW CHECKS!!

(cause you used up all the old ones emptying your account for last year's apps)

At least you have most of your AMCAS info ready (if you saved it). You also have some familiarity with some secondaries (if you apply to the same schools again). See, there are some positives.

the thousands of more dollars you have to spend on applications and interviews!

This OP seems to be asking for positive thoughts regarding the reapplication process. I would rephrase this response to say: The opportunity to once again widely donate to the coffers of medical education institutions via Secondary Application fees and to boost the economy by purchasing airline tickets, renting hotel rooms, and buying ridiculously expensive restaurant food.

And....the best part about reapplying is getting to rehash the same topics 1000 more times with a whole new crop of SNDers!

It's like Saved by the Bell: The New Class, and you can be either Mr. Belding or Screech!