Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

The best way after long hiatus?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by redmoon07, Jan 7, 2009.

1. redmoon07

2+ Year Member

Greetings!
    I want guidiance from SDNers,I started prep long ago for step 1,lets say 2007 but due to some unwanted and unavoidable problem i could not continue my prep,now when things are bit in control i want to start again but problem is i am kindda lost this time as from where to begin and how to begin with? let me throw some light on what i have had done so far in year 2007 so that it would be easy for you to guide me.
    -Done 2 reads of Kaplan lecture notes except few topics and subjects i.e once with video and 2nd time read through KLNs.
    - Have done just UW that too once (in 2007)and without going through wrong ones once,as my subscription expired soon i completed and i was on the way to get into some personal issue and prep hung up.
    - and thats it.
    Present situation,
    - Since last month of 2008,i tried studying but it turned out that i am big time having ADHD this time,i followed schedule :-subject wise kaplan reading then after a week i switched to organ system thinking i was on wrong track and now situation is that i really do not know what way would be the best way for me as i am aiming 250+.
    - (i am thankful to longdong,taus and bigfrank)Tried longdong,taus guide in those few weeks in dec 2008 but i could not stick to either,maybe all this moving back and forth,i lost motivation or maybe after long gap i am bit nervous :(
    now please! guide me what and how i should begin ,which way would be better for me,i.e questions to kaplan notes or from kaplan notes towards questions?
    i will appreciate any help.
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. g6pddfishnc

2+ Year Member

Medical Student

#2 g6pddfishnc, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. redmoon07

2+ Year Member

Thank you g6pddfishnc.
    Sorry to be not so specific in asking but you caught me right,i have problem in all three,
    -how to study effectively,efficiently and conecentration problem, i have not forgotten all but still have panicky attacks on thinking i have to start all over again ,i think you are right i should take nbme form to check where actually i stand after such gap.
    and
    -yes i have taken notes from UW onto FA-2007,but doing FA seems so superficial at this point so was looking forward to someone who can guide me likewise,I liked your suggestions and i will start off with pathology with papi,thanks for refering me to that thread of papi audios.it was helpful and hope i do extract info and use it wisely.
    -I was so strong in biochemistry and physiology but now that knowledge graph seems have declined,which is quite obvious for some obvious reasons.so what would you suggest me? to go through all kaplans once more or just start off with kaplan qbank or UW and doing FA?i feel i'm totally lost,feeling cortisol level rising up :(
    - i have not registered yet for exam as i want to know 1st how i should manage study stuff,so most likely,i will take around april-may09,so i have 4-5 months.
    -i had problem last time as well managing time so want to do atleast 2-3 qbanks UW(2x) kqbank,and usmlerx.is this okay?or some other useful qbank besides uw i should go for?

sorry for all such confusing posts(if someone finds so)i'm just trying to be helped.

#3 redmoon07, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  5. g6pddfishnc

2+ Year Member

Medical Student

#4 g6pddfishnc, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  6. redmoon07

2+ Year Member

Thank you so much g6pddfishnc.:thumbup:
    :luck:

7. g6pddfishnc