The best way to do questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks!
I thought I'll ask the experts to those who have taken Step 2 and done well! So.....what is the best way to do questions (i.e. Qbank, USMLEWorld, etc..) in sets of 50's at a rate of 150 q's per day and then take the time to review those questions for the day, or do one question at a time while reviewing the question at the same time? My second question: Doing between 100 - 150 questions per day enough or should one be doing more than this?

The reason I ask is because reviewing the question certainly takes time and seems to drag on and on so is this typical or am I just a slow reader? Thanks folks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was also wondering... When I review questions, especially the ones I get wrong, should I be making notes for later review (when???) or should I just read, in hopes of retaining? Just takes so long!

Thanks!

i did qbank for both step 1 and 2....typically reviewed questions one at a time during each block (if i did the whole block, i never would go back and review the questions properly). i think i did around 100-200 questions per day in blocks of 50 like you suggested and had no problem finishing all the practice questions before the real exam. Reviewing the answers/discussion is an important benefit of using those practice exams IMHO, so try not to rush thru them in order to get more questions done per day. I did not take notes, however i sometimes wrote down a general topic from the question if it was something i felt like i should review. hope this helps and good luck.

klubguts said:
i did qbank for both step 1 and 2....typically reviewed questions one at a time during each block (if i did the whole block, i never would go back and review the questions properly). i think i did around 100-200 questions per day in blocks of 50 like you suggested and had no problem finishing all the practice questions before the real exam. Reviewing the answers/discussion is an important benefit of using those practice exams IMHO, so try not to rush thru them in order to get more questions done per day. I did not take notes, however i sometimes wrote down a general topic from the question if it was something i felt like i should review. hope this helps and good luck.

what's IMHO?

Members don't see this ad :)