The Best Way To Study?::

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a group together and make practice questions from the DECKS 2007. My husband is has made over 250 questions from the biochemistry and microbiology part from the decks. I hope to share this with a group of people who are willing to write multiple choice questions/true, false/ and matching type questions and are willing to share their questions as well with correct answers. I think this is the best way to learn all the detailed information from the decks.

If this is a good idea, then respond to this and we can get something together.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to get a group together and make practice questions from the DECKS 2007. My husband is has made over 250 questions from the biochemistry and microbiology part from the decks. I hope to share this with a group of people who are willing to write multiple choice questions/true, false/ and matching type questions and are willing to share their questions as well with correct answers. I think this is the best way to learn all the detailed information from the decks.

me too

Members don't see this ad :)
So far so good. Maybe we can get up to 10 people involved, and then that should be enough for now. Just send me a private message with your email and the topic you want to write questions over. Make sure you look at your decks before you tell me your topic so I can find that area and make it yours. I want to cover all the areas of the decks. There are probably 5 major areas in each of the subject matter within the decks, and most of the microbiology is covered and maybe a 1/3 of the biochemistry is so far covered. I'll try to make an outline for organizational purposes. I'll send an email within the next two days to our group with our questions and answers. Then you guys can write some questions. I would say around 25 multiple choice questions apiece would be good. With answers at the end. You will see how I did in (the husband has assumed writing this message, if you haven't noticed) writing these questions when I send you the email attachment. I made them pretty tricky at times, but they cover very good information straight from the decks.

ok, we'll report back soon,

asha, and hubby

I am still studying Anat and Physio-Biochem from Decks.
I am yet to start DA and M-P.
Trust me, there is so much to remember. I am not finding enough time to study hard as I work full time and tired at the end of the day. Sometimes work is so hectic that I retire to bed by 9 PM.
Anyways, it should not be too hard to contribute to the Q-Bank that you were talking about.

Catcha later :)

hi,

its great yaar, your really luck that your husband had helped you....can you please include me also...am giving second time....it will really helpful to me also my id [email protected]

:thumbup:

:thumbup: good job! thats a very nice way of memorizing stuff,count me in too!.so how is this gonna workbtw? did u guys already start with this. plz lemme kno.what are the topics being dealt 1st?

thanks

hey tats really cool.pls count me into.
I've started with anat & biochem.my id is [email protected]
waiting 2 hear frm you.

So far so good. Maybe we can get up to 10 people involved, and then that should be enough for now. Just send me a private message with your email and the topic you want to write questions over. Make sure you look at your decks before you tell me your topic so I can find that area and make it yours. I want to cover all the areas of the decks. There are probably 5 major areas in each of the subject matter within the decks, and most of the microbiology is covered and maybe a 1/3 of the biochemistry is so far covered. I'll try to make an outline for organizational purposes. I'll send an email within the next two days to our group with our questions and answers. Then you guys can write some questions. I would say around 25 multiple choice questions apiece would be good. With answers at the end. You will see how I did in (the husband has assumed writing this message, if you haven't noticed) writing these questions when I send you the email attachment. I made them pretty tricky at times, but they cover very good information straight from the decks.

ok, we'll report back soon,

asha, and hubby

Count me in too , as i have seen there r lots of guys in your group i was wondering weather i can be in or its full, also i can prepare micro-patho how about that.PM me , Please send in me some sort of pattern as to how q would be formed so that i can go accordingly. Thanks.:thumbup:

heyyy
This is a gr8 idea really!!! please count me in if u still have some room left.I can format questions for any topic in physio/biochem and micro/path right.please lemme know what i can do.i am private messaged u my email id.
thankz

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to join the group. If there is room please let me know.
Thankyou & Good luck.

Hi,
I hope i am not too late to join this group.
Thanks

Me too!! I Can cover DA or tooth histo whatever hasnt been filled up till now!

The decks are over 1,300 cards.

Some of these cards may need you to create at least 5 questions from each card. Even if you do just biochem and micro only, you would end up with over 2,000 questions. The Fungi section is about 6 cards, and I had 10-15 questions from those cards alone on my test. Problem with the OP's plan is that it might be time consuming if you don't have at least 3-4 months to study.

You can always do the KAPLAN Book + all of the Old exams and get the same result.

just finishing up first year and starting to think about boards study. would you be willing to share questions you've made? I would like study them, and also expand on them with my own study group.

you can email me at [email protected]

thanks! hope boards is going well for all of you!

Count me in too.