The Bottom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeMD13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was having a down moment with where I'm at in my MCAT prep and I started looking at island schools. When I typed Saba School of Medicine into a google search, it literally says it is "The Bottom."
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1443212487.949946.jpg

That is definitely an unfortunate name for a medical school location but just the motivation I needed to get back on my feet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
How often do you think Saba grads say, "Started from The Bottom now we're here"? Maybe like 20, 30 times a day?

Reactions: 8 users
There we go. Bottom shaming again!

I'm sick of this! Bottoms are not lesser men, OK?! Get educated!

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How often do you think Saba grads say, "Started from The Bottom now we're here"? Maybe like 20, 30 times a day?

None, because they usually stay at the bottom or descend further.

Reactions: 3 users
That's pretty funny. Rock Bottom would be better though :roflcopter:

Reactions: 1 users
Just what I needed for the day! Thank you!

A Florida psychiatrist who helped her husband build two Caribbean medical schools was sentenced to two years in prison for her role in a conspiracy to hide millions of dollars in income from the Internal Revenue Service.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hool-founder-hough-gets-two-years-in-tax-case

As if their reputation for high rates of attrition, poor residency placement and exorbitant tuition fees didn't make them look bad enough. Now, we can add "embezzlement hub" to the list!

The husband of the above, the co-founder, when indicted, ran with the money and has been a fugitive since. He left his wife holding the bag

Sounds like he Sabataged her ...

I'm sorry

Reactions: 9 users
I bumped into the Dean of Saba once. He seemed like he was pretty aware of the reputation of his school and didn't try to make it sound better than it was.

When he left he gave me his card and said "Hopefully you'll never need it".

Reactions: 1 users
I bumped into the Dean of Saba once. He seemed like he was pretty aware of the reputation of his school and didn't try to make it sound better than it was.

When he left he gave me his card and said "Hopefully you'll never need it".

Lol. That's awesome.