The British...? Are Coming - England WW Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many hours of torture do you prefer?

• Total voters
I think we were a wolf convert hydra or something? And we died like a day after being converted.

Might be mis-remembering but I think you were subjected to my convert death curse at some point lol.

I do think you were a wolf convert (though I haven't checked). As to whether you died right after being converted... I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me since wolves got absolutely steamrolled.

Members don't see this ad.

The vet side of SDN is so much better.
we shout at each other about anonymity on the med side and say your application isn’t perfect prepare for family med in rural Montana.

Y’all play games, Pat each other on the back, and plan to drink together.

im forcing you guys to adopt me.

Just come to the psych sub-forum. Everything else over there is a dumpster fire except the investing tips on anesthesia.

Hey, I feel ya there. I never venture to the med side (unless someone here links some hot drama), but pharm is pretty depressing too.
Tbh I spend wayyyyy more time here than I ever have on pharm. It's fun on occasions when someone finds out I'm not actually a vet student.

Accurate. Although my meds are supposed to do the opposite of that...

Wolf buddy!!!

Lol, I'm still so sorry you had the worst wolf-buddy ever. If we ever wolf together again I promise I'll show bring my B-game (because I'll be bussing you hard).

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just come to the psych sub-forum. Everything else over there is a dumpster fire except the investing tips on anesthesia.

Lol, I'm still so sorry you had the worst wolf-buddy ever. If we ever wolf together again I promise I'll show bring my B-game (because I'll be bussing you hard).
Spliks, yours, hallowmann's and few others posts are the reason why i heavily frequent psych forums :cat::shy:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Spliks, yours, hallowmann's and few others posts are the reason why i heavily frequent psych forums :cat::shy:

It's a good crew over there. I really can't think of anyone that I really dislike and the info is actually useful instead of re-hashing the same crap over and over on the med/pre-med forums.

Also the EM forum is fun to visit too. Maybe it's just my EMT background, but they're pretty fun too.

Reactions: 1 users

The psych forum is ok. Now that I’m a resident it’s kind of lost it’s excitement lol.
they are pretty great.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
The psych forum is ok. Now that I’m a resident it’s kind of lost it’s excitement lol.

they are pretty great.

It may not have the shiny, new car feel anymore, but there's still a lot of good conversations and I've learned a lot from it. I occasionally surprise some of my attendings with things I've learned from there. I've actually been meaning to start a few threads for a while now but just keep forgetting and am too lazy busy to follow-through.

Definitely the first since legal marriage. Probably the first of the relationship? I feel like that's not true though because runescape couldn't have been that long ago.

Bigger point being she already hates me on the spf so much. This will go poorly as well
She's seen the spf? The spf would definitly not make it on my list of sdn places to show a SO lol

Unless I react badly to a final drug change on Thurs, I'm tentatively going back to work next week (finally!!!!! :heckyeah: ), so might be a little lighter on posts than in some of my previous games. NAI, just wanted to make it known.

Also just wanted to share it because I'm really freaking excited to get back to sciencing instead of sitting at home feeling sorry for myself!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I miss the days when SPF was visible on the forums and lost little pre-meds would wander in. I'm barely ever there anymore and when I am it's usually just to creep :/
What would happen when these premeds wondered in? Would they just cause chaos?

I think I'm mostly sticking to speed games for a bit.

At least until we move.

Can I still sign up to sub?

Otherwise please add me to tot-chat

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
What would happen when these premeds wondered in? Would they just cause chaos?

Nah, many of them just got slapped with a dose of what reality outside of their academic institutions is and that not everyone shares their views. It seemed like a lot of them had never interacted with someone who was actually well-informed about various subjects and didn't just get all their info from MSNBC, CNN, or FoxNews.

Nah, many of them just got slapped with a dose of what reality outside of their academic institutions is and that not everyone shares their views. It seemed like a lot of them had never interacted with someone who was actually well-informed about various subjects and didn't just get all their info from MSNBC, CNN, or FoxNews.
You mean you don't get all of your news from reddit?!?

• Haha
roles announcement 2.png

Look for roles tomorrow night before the bell tolls one.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
If anyone needs to sub out, please do it soon -- I prefer not to sub people mid-game unless there are truly extenuating circumstances. And for various reasons, this is not a super easy game to rebalance on the fly 😬

• Wow
  • Hmm
My cat is excited -- he just jumped into a tall-sided cardboard box that's sitting in the middle of a blue rug, so it looks like he's defending a castle tower surrounded by a moat lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Friendly request (though most of you already do) that people refer to me as "Finn" and not the longer variant(s) of my name. I just lost my boy and though I want to keep the name because I think I'll like having it in the long term, it's a little fresh right now and I'd rather not be called by his name during this game.

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
AMC caseload is finally decreasing, well sort of, less pts, but still plenty of trauma.

What is the time schedule for this WW game (e.g., 12 on, 12 off)?
It's 12-12 for the very first cycle (this Saturday morning to Sunday morning is a full day/night cycle) but then it will be 36 hr days and 12 hr nights after that (subject to change if it gets slow, but right now that's the plan).

If anyone needs to sub out, please do it soon -- I prefer not to sub people mid-game unless there are truly extenuating circumstances. And for various reasons, this is not a super easy game to rebalance on the fly 😬
I don’t need to sub, I’m just offering up my spot because WW eats my life. As long as people accept that I’m working ED (which includes a week of days and a week of nights) and my play will likely be sporadic dependent on patient load and that I will miss part of the day cycles on my week of nights I’m golden. I just don’t want people bitching because I’m not as active as the last game I subbed into where I was on vacation lol
Ya know ya wanna

• Care
Y'all hmm react all you want, but I just finished reading a game where an asteroid hit and there was a mass die-off at the end so...
anything can happen

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
I just did a shot for the first time since I was in college. And welp. Never again.
You just have to approach them from the perspective that they are the most efficient way for you to get ****ed up

I assume no one does shots for the pleasure of them. At least the way I do them they're more like the kindling to start the bonfire I'm building lol

• Haha
  • Hmm
You just have to approach them from the perspective that they are the most efficient way for you to get ****ed up

I assume no one does shots for the pleasure of them. At least the way I do them they're more like the kindling to start the bonfire I'm building lol
I like Fireball shots :shrug:

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users