Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

The Chancellor is Back (Stewart University of America)!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JWE27, May 9, 2008.

1. JWE27

JWE27 COMLEXSlayer(RIP 6/10/10)
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I know our favorite hoax Stewart Medical School has been discussed many times in the past (very entertaining threads, I must say), but it looks like the same group is back with a new school: Stewart University of America (http://www.stewartuniversity.org)!

Sadly, the info on this site seems a bit more legit (hopefully they didn't learn a better, more believable scam from reading all our posts about their last "school"). It looks like it's all distance learning and all undergrad and grad programs now (i.e., no med school). They even ask for transcripts and letters of rec and proudly display how non-profit they are now (unlike last time)! I'm afraid this is another, albeit better-veiled scam...

Good ole' Stewie...at it again...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TexasTriathlete

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    dead link?

4. cyclohexanol

cyclohexanol No, no. Doggie afuera.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hilarious, it worked earlier this morning, looks like they took it down after it was posted here (and likely on other places within SDN). :laugh:

5. gump

gump Living the dream...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's hilarious...I clicked on the link a few hours ago and it worked. I'm a bit disappointed they don't display pictures of their staff anymore. I'm afraid their ranking is going to slip because of that!

6. JWE27

JWE27 COMLEXSlayer(RIP 6/10/10)
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Yeah, it's a dead link now! That is funny! Seems a little suspicious/defensive, eh?? HA!

Seems clear that their minions monitor this site (they were even recycling the same names for their staff/faculty, so I know it's the same group). Interesting...

Well, maybe I saved a few hapless kids some "tuition" money...:thumbup:

7. Jamers

Jamers Sexy Man
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It is listed on Google, they might just be too poor to afford more than one server. Either that or moving around so people don't trace them.

8. igcgnerd

igcgnerd Hawkeye
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think that Stewart is just the alias of texas tri:laugh: