The check is in the mail! Good or Bad? Time will tell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i sent a $500 check to LECOM with a letter telling them about my interest in getting off the waitlist. I told them I sent the money so that in the event that I do get off the waitlist, they will already have some of the money. Hopefully they will see my determination in this action and consider me more. Only time will tell.

Members don't see this ad.

I think any school you apply to assumes that you have already thought of how you would finance your education, and so what value is it to them to have $500.00 ahead of time? Only my opinion, but you appear to be bribing them, trying to buy consideration and advantage over other students, and you have also shouldered them with the burden of returning your check to you. They won't cash it, as that may put them into a position of having an implied contract with you. Only my opinions, and my advice too: don't do that again :)
john

Hey, I think that move is kind of refreshing!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
florida,this is birdman, previously jason silversteen, waitlisted at LECOM. I wrote in the letter that the intent of the check was pure in nature. I just wanted to let them know that i am determined and that if i do get accepted, it will make the whole process smoother. Im hoping they dont have the same narrow-minded attitude that you do! If they do, Im screwed!

Why the many aliases?!

Anyway.... just want to wish you luck... let us know if it worked :D

hi bird, I am not questioning your motives. I was just offering an opinion on how it might appear to the admissions committee. Like Popoy said, it is bold and refreshing in a way. I will just be surprised if it works.