The Cost Of Dental School!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Memphis10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DENTAL SCHOOL COST A LOT. DO YOU THINK IT IS WORTH PAYING OUT OF STATE TUTION WHEN I CAN JUST GO TO SCHOOL DOWN THE STREET IN MEMPHIS? BUT, I REALLY WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL OUT OF STATE.

BUT, I DON'T WANT TO PAY AN EXTRA $110,000 WHAT DO I DO WHAT WOULD YOU DO??IS IT WORTH IT?

$200,000+ WOW

Members don't see this ad.

Memphis10 said:
DENTAL SCHOOL COST A LOT. DO YOU THINK IT IS WORTH PAYING OUT OF STATE TUTION WHEN I CAN JUST GO TO SCHOOL DOWN THE STREET IN MEMPHIS? BUT, I REALLY WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL OUT OF STATE.

BUT, I DON'T WANT TO PAY AN EXTRA $110,000 WHAT DO I DO WHAT WOULD YOU DO??IS IT WORTH IT?

$200,000+ WOW

Are you even in dental school yet? Do you even have a choice yet?

If its not worth 110,000 to you then don't go. Go where you'll be happiest...if you feel 110,000 weighing on your mind all the time then it probably isn't the place for you in the end. However, don't forget that once you get done with school you will have the income to pay off your debt...eventually... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people at least have a choice whether or not to go to a state school or not. I don't want to jinx anyone, but most of us haven't been accepted anywhere, maybe on December 1 we'll have a good idea of where we want to go to.

Memphis10 said:

$200,000+ WOW
PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN ALL CAPS AND USE STUPID COLORS SHOULD BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $200,000 WHERE EVER THEY DECIDE TO GO, WOW!

;)

syn_apse said:
PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN ALL CAPS AND USE STUPID COLORS SHOULD BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $200,000 WHERE EVER THEY DECIDE TO GO, WOW!

;)

I agree with this. I also think you should go where you think you'll be happiest, granted you can save a lot of money staying at home, so think about the big picture. Didn't know they had a dental school in Memphis? Do the people who live there actually have teeth? ;)

I was like this when I applied last year. This year, it doesn't matter to me. If I get to be a dentist when everything is said and done, the money is worth it to me.

Meharry is in Memphis I believe.

Yes there is a dental school in Memphis UT (university of TN) is in Memphis. And no Meharry is not in Memphis you may need to check that out spikey since you are applying there. and with your stats I don't see y you want be accepted. And yes people in Memphis do have teeth dex.

I was just asking If I get accepted to one instate and one out of state there are two dental schools in TN.

SpikeyMike83 said:
I was like this when I applied last year. This year, it doesn't matter to me. If I get to be a dentist when everything is said and done, the money is worth it to me.

Meharry is in Memphis I believe.

you're applying to a school that you don't even know where it is????
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Memphis10 said:

$200,000+ WOW

Who cares? Once you hit a certain amount with loans does it really matter? Its an investment in your future, go with what makes you happy. And dont jump the gun, what happens if you dont get in anywhere? What a waste of worrying. Just chill and see what happens (easier said than done, this I know)

dexadental said:
... Do the people who live there actually have teeth? ;)
No, they have grillz.

DEFINATELY go to the cheapest place. The product each school produces is a function of THE STUDENT, not the school. At this level your outcome is based on the amount of work you're willing to put forth....not the school. Have some maturity and think of your future here (debt paid off in 10 vs. 20 years.....hmmmm) instead of worrying about other factors that won't change your outcome. But that's just me. I graduated from UT Memphis and matched at my first choice in residency.....because of my hard work, not the dental school. In fact, I was successful despite my dental school, but that's another story.

Thank you for your advice tooface. And yeah we do have grillz. I guess I will consider instate first. but, I will have to wait and see.

Memphis10 said:
And yeah we do have grillz.

I"m sorry, but does anyone else find those things (grillz) to be insanely *****ic and hideous looking? Maybe it's just a matter of taste... :rolleyes: