The cost of owning a seat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arahnisarahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how were you guys able to pay for a deposit fee after acceptance to a school. I currently saved enough money for the application process and potentially an interviews. Is it something I charge on credit? Do I ask for a loan? What did you guys do to get past all the financial stipulations?

Members don't see this ad.

I borrowed money from the mob... J/k

I don't think schools take credit cards...

Just try and save up or borrow money from a family member. Don't take out a loan unless absolutly necesary, u will be taking out a fair ammount during opt school.

If they dont accept credit card...i think you can have your credit card company wire money that you need to your bank or something (even though you can just take out a loan) and do it that way...i think my parents did something like that when they bought a car.

Members don't see this ad :)
Side note: u should try to stay away from credit cards, unless u can pay them off before starting school. Compound intrest is a KILLER for students living on loan money. You will get this lecture plenty from ur financhial aid advisor soon enough, but only use cc's as a last resort.

I can't attest for all optometry schools, but I don't think the fee is that expensive, maybe a few hundred dollars that will be credited as part of your tuition if you choose to attend the school.

While several hundred dollars is kind of expensive, it's a drop in the bucket compared to tuition. Best bet is to take out a loan if you can't find family members to lend you money.