The Craziest Thing You Will Ever Read

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is an aim conversation I had earlier today with a good friend of mine i haven't spoken to in about a year. last time we talked she was staunchly pre-med. i haven't stopped laughing since we talked...this is truly insane. i'm sparing you the pleasantries of the conversation and jumping right into it. enjoy.

me (12:15:40 PM): whats goin on with you
her (12:17:46 PM): oh where do i start...no things are going pretty well
her (12:17:56 PM): transitioning between med to law
me (12:18:32 PM): interesting
me (12:18:36 PM): quite a switch
me (12:18:42 PM): what did you need my help with
her (12:18:43 PM): but my parents are making that transition very hard
her (12:18:54 PM): well...did u apply to med schools this year/
me (12:19:32 PM): ya
her (12:19:34 PM): cause basically what i've been doing is faking to med school application process to my parents
her (12:20:12 PM): and what i was looking for is an email for an interview invitation
her (12:20:19 PM): pretty bad, i know...
her (12:21:39 PM): but my parents are ****ing killing me over this, i did my primary's, but barely filled anything out on the secondaries, i've killed every chance of getting in (on purpose), but I'm still making seem like i'm doing the process all the way through to please my parents
me (12:22:09 PM): uhhhh
me (12:22:21 PM): so you're gonna fake an interview?
her (12:22:34 PM): basically....yeah
her (12:22:41 PM): then just say i didnt get in
me (12:22:43 PM): are you planning on actually GOING to the interview?
her (12:22:50 PM): sure...free vacation for me
me (12:22:54 PM): haha. you are insane.
her (12:24:20 PM): honestly kev...u know my parents, and i know this all sounds ****ed up, but believe me, it's been much easier to appease them this way...in the end ill just say i didnt get in, and then go on with law school
her (12:24:33 PM): haha...well i had a feeling you'de understand
me (12:24:51 PM): wow
me (12:24:55 PM): i'm kinda speechless
her (12:25:28 PM): i mean my parents know about law school, i just got a job in a law firm, and thats fine with them, they just won't let me ****ing close the book on medicine once and for all
her (12:25:30 PM): not yet anyways
me (12:26:12 PM): did you finish ANY secondaries?
her (12:26:19 PM): uh....no
her (12:26:25 PM): i just made the payments for some of them
me (12:26:29 PM): hahahaha
me (12:26:48 PM): how many schools did you apply to on AMCAS
her (12:26:54 PM): haha...33
me (12:27:13 PM): lol thats easily over a thousand bucks
her (12:27:25 PM): wow...now that i actually put the whole scenario in words it sounds pretty damn hilarious
her (12:27:35 PM): and pathetic
her (12:27:46 PM): yeah, no it's cost nearly 2 thousand
me (12:28:00 PM): hahahaha
me (12:28:05 PM): this is the funniest thing i've ever heard
me (12:28:10 PM): sorry to laugh but come on
her (12:28:16 PM): no i now
her (12:28:16 PM): know
her (12:28:27 PM): i'm laughing out loud myself right now
me (12:28:56 PM): of all the schemes you and i have pulled this takes the cake
me (12:28:57 PM): hands down
her (12:29:27 PM): well i feel like all of our schemes have been preparing me for this, because kevin let me tell you, this has been a VERY hard one to pull off
her (12:29:51 PM): i mean there are just so many angles to consider
me (12:30:02 PM): this NEEDS to be a movie script
her (12:30:08 PM): haha
me (12:30:29 PM): unbelievable
her (12:30:30 PM): i'll happily sit down and tell my story to a screen writer who's willing to listen
me (12:30:55 PM): truly remarkable
me (12:30:57 PM): you have such balls
me (12:31:13 PM): so you really don't want to be a doctor any more though?
her (12:31:23 PM): no...i REALLY dont want to be a doctor
me (12:31:33 PM): why
me (12:31:36 PM): you used to want to
her (12:32:21 PM): yeah i know...but i dont think i ever really did...u know it was so much easier to be in college and say that i was going to be a doctor, cause that got my parents off my back...i was just stupid and never thought it through
me (12:32:53 PM): i feel you
me (12:33:06 PM): so are you planning on showing this invitation to your parents?
her (12:33:19 PM): you know having been a pre-med, i just know that being a doctor would be a struggle for me for the rest of my life...law on the other hand, comes much more easily to me...just fits, u know
me (12:34:01 PM): ya, whatever suits you
me (12:34:18 PM): so if this application process falls through your parents are gonna be chill with the whole law school thing
her (12:34:22 PM): well no, not really, i've been lucky so far and they havent actually asked to see and of the letters or correspondence from schools...but they may be so excited at the prospect of an interview they may want to see it out of happiness or some ****
me (12:34:33 PM): ha
me (12:34:52 PM): a lot of schools call you for an interview
her (12:38:42 PM): i made sure i applied to mostly the best schools so when i got none or maybe one interview, it would believable
her (12:39:10 PM): not that i would have gotten any interviews at the worst schools either with my mcat score
her (12:39:40 PM): anyway, beside the point...so what schools call for an interview
me (12:40:23 PM): umm
me (12:40:28 PM): lets see
me (12:40:33 PM): loyola u in Chicago
me (12:40:50 PM): i mean you could pretend any school does
me (12:40:56 PM): what will they know
me (12:41:04 PM): i have a rejection letter to georgetown you could use
me (12:41:09 PM): change the name and such
her (12:41:18 PM): oh i got my rejection for georgetown
her (12:41:20 PM): lol
her (12:41:37 PM): i've been getting plenty of rejections, apparently you dont need a secondary to get rejected
me (12:41:43 PM): lol
me (12:41:50 PM): ouch
me (12:42:05 PM): you're ****nig hilarious
her (12:42:38 PM): omg...u dont know the half of it, i've really digged my self deep into a hole this time
me (12:42:46 PM): ummm...i can imagine
me (12:42:51 PM): and its about to get way deeper
her (12:42:59 PM): yep...but i'm ready for it
me (12:43:13 PM): you've practiced your whole life for this moment
me (12:43:16 PM): it'll be glorious
her (12:43:21 PM): hahaha

-mota

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap, i did the same thing when applying to undergrad. I screwed all my apps to ivy leagues and top schools (my interview at Penn was hilarious) to go to my state school. I'm guessing pulling this off for med school is alot harder, not to mention alot more expensive. I have a feeling her parents will find out, parents always have a way of doing that. Oh well, wish her good luck!

Why are some parents so f-ing pushy? She's wasting a TON of their money (I assume theirs anyway!) and just stringing them along to just knock them down with law school anyway. Why is she doing all this crap when she's gonna tell them sooner or later?

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, that's crazy.... lol

hey, mota, i like the arnold in rio video you posted. keep an eye out for my next avatar!!! :laugh:

Cozmosis said:
Why are some parents so f-ing pushy? She's wasting a TON of their money (I assume theirs anyway!) and just stringing them along to just knock them down with law school anyway. Why is she doing all this crap when she's gonna tell them sooner or later?

i dont think she plans on ever telling them. i think she could pull it off. her parents are foreigners.
-mota

Idioteque said:
Holy crap, i did the same thing when applying to undergrad. I screwed all my apps to ivy leagues and top schools (my interview at Penn was hilarious) to go to my state school. I'm guessing pulling this off for med school is alot harder, not to mention alot more expensive. I have a feeling her parents will find out, parents always have a way of doing that. Oh well, wish her good luck!

i don't know, i think it could be pretty easy to fake, especially if she doesn't live that close to her parents. my only thought is that if her parents don't have a lot of money, it's not so nice since they seem to be paying for everything.

check out that mark hacking dude -- he faked going to undergrad, graduating from college (even made fake invitations and got "sick" at the last minute), taking the mcat, applying, interviewing and then getting accepted to med school. his dad was even a doctor, so yeah, it can be done.

so, she'll go to the fake interview and report back to her parents that it didn't go so well. then, she'll conveniently get rejected. she can tell her parents she was so bummed by the rejection letter that she threw it away as soon as she got it because she couldn't stand to look at it. :) come on, don't you think there are some fakers here, and it's actually harder to be consistent with the fakery on message boards than in real life because we've got the search function here.

Remember the case of the woman, Lori Hacking, who was killed by her husband? That guy pretended to go to college, graduate (fake graduation invites and everything), apply to med school, and get in..and he was somehow going to try to pretend to actually go to med school (but he got caught by his wife when she called the school, and learned that he hadn't applied).

So, I guess what your friend is doing isn't nearly as bad. Ha.

cfdavid said:
dude, that's crazy.... lol

hey, mota, i like the arnold in rio video you posted. keep an eye out for my next avatar!!! :laugh:

"after watching the mulattos i understand why brazil is devoted to my favorite body part...the ass". unreal.
-kevin

yeah, i think faking getting accepted is a lot harder than faking getting rejected. :) you just have to wonder what mark hacking was planning on doing once they got to north carolina.

exlawgrrl said:
i don't know, i think it could be pretty easy to fake, especially if she doesn't live that close to her parents. my only thought is that if her parents don't have a lot of money, it's not so nice since they seem to be paying for everything.

don't worry. they're pretty loaded. but that 2 Gs could have gone to something much better, like 4 video ipods and 2 xbox 360s.
-mota

I gave up reading a few lines into it. Kinda boring. I got the jist of it. Human nature is a weird thing. The greater pain would be to admit to her parents she wants law instead of losing the $$$. Interesting...

exlawgrrl said:
check out that mark hacking dude -- he faked going to undergrad, graduating from college (even made fake invitations and got "sick" at the last minute), taking the mcat, applying, interviewing and then getting accepted to med school. his dad was even a doctor, so yeah, it can be done.

This guy was such a screwball. He had a hot girlfriend. Why don't these girls find me??? I'm genuine!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
DaMota said:
don't worry. they're pretty loaded. but that 2 Gs could have gone to something much better, like 4 video ipods and 2 xbox 360s.
-mota
Forget that. Man, that's like half a pound of humboldt county's finest.

I don't understand, why does she need to "fake an interview invitation"? PLENTY of applicants don't get invited to any interviews each year. She could just say she didn't get an invitation, couldn't she? It would be an even faster way of "not getting into medical school".

And for that matter, why even bother actually paying and applying? My parents care very much about the application process, but they don't understand much of it (their English is very poor), and have never seen an application screen or a correspondence letter. They just take whatever I say on faith because they couldn't understand it anyway. Since I actually want to go to medical school, I tell it like it is, but no reason your friend couldn't just fake the entire thing "by mouth".

DaMota said:
wow. good thing i mentioned this is one of my good friends. sounds like you're gonna have great success with women in the future.

on a positive note, i guess its reassuring to know that not everyone who "applies" really goes through with it. even though this is a bizarre case i'm sure it happens.
-mota

Mota,

I feel for your friend about being pushed into something she doesn't really want to do. But to go through those lengths to keep up a facade? Wow, hope she finds a support network that will stick by her no matter what she chooses..

As for that Caesars0331 guy... Flamer that needs to be reported.

Also :thumbup: to the friend who is going to get a vacation out of her "interviewing experience". LOL

DaMota, posting pics of yourself and your personal conversations opens yourself up to insecure pre-med attacks. I thought you knew that.

To the people who get their jollies by attacking people, GET A LIFE. You're the #1 reason why I don't classify myself as a "pre-med". :smuggrin:

DaMota, lemme guess: this girl is Persian, right?

DaMota said:
This is an aim conversation I had earlier today with a good friend of mine i haven't spoken to in about a year. last time we talked she was staunchly pre-med. i haven't stopped laughing since we talked...this is truly insane. i'm sparing you the pleasantries of the conversation and jumping right into it. enjoy.

me (12:15:40 PM): whats goin on with you
her (12:17:46 PM): oh where do i start...no things are going pretty well
her (12:17:56 PM): transitioning between med to law
me (12:18:32 PM): interesting
me (12:18:36 PM): quite a switch
me (12:18:42 PM): what did you need my help with
her (12:18:43 PM): but my parents are making that transition very hard
her (12:18:54 PM): well...did u apply to med schools this year/
me (12:19:32 PM): ya
her (12:19:34 PM): cause basically what i've been doing is faking to med school application process to my parents
her (12:20:12 PM): and what i was looking for is an email for an interview invitation
her (12:20:19 PM): pretty bad, i know...
her (12:21:39 PM): but my parents are ****ing killing me over this, i did my primary's, but barely filled anything out on the secondaries, i've killed every chance of getting in (on purpose), but I'm still making seem like i'm doing the process all the way through to please my parents
me (12:22:09 PM): uhhhh
me (12:22:21 PM): so you're gonna fake an interview?
her (12:22:34 PM): basically....yeah
her (12:22:41 PM): then just say i didnt get in
me (12:22:43 PM): are you planning on actually GOING to the interview?
her (12:22:50 PM): sure...free vacation for me
me (12:22:54 PM): haha. you are insane.
her (12:24:20 PM): honestly kev...u know my parents, and i know this all sounds ****ed up, but believe me, it's been much easier to appease them this way...in the end ill just say i didnt get in, and then go on with law school
her (12:24:33 PM): haha...well i had a feeling you'de understand
me (12:24:51 PM): wow
me (12:24:55 PM): i'm kinda speechless
her (12:25:28 PM): i mean my parents know about law school, i just got a job in a law firm, and thats fine with them, they just won't let me ****ing close the book on medicine once and for all
her (12:25:30 PM): not yet anyways
me (12:26:12 PM): did you finish ANY secondaries?
her (12:26:19 PM): uh....no
her (12:26:25 PM): i just made the payments for some of them
me (12:26:29 PM): hahahaha
me (12:26:48 PM): how many schools did you apply to on AMCAS
her (12:26:54 PM): haha...33
me (12:27:13 PM): lol thats easily over a thousand bucks
her (12:27:25 PM): wow...now that i actually put the whole scenario in words it sounds pretty damn hilarious
her (12:27:35 PM): and pathetic
her (12:27:46 PM): yeah, no it's cost nearly 2 thousand
me (12:28:00 PM): hahahaha
me (12:28:05 PM): this is the funniest thing i've ever heard
me (12:28:10 PM): sorry to laugh but come on
her (12:28:16 PM): no i now
her (12:28:16 PM): know
her (12:28:27 PM): i'm laughing out loud myself right now
me (12:28:56 PM): of all the schemes you and i have pulled this takes the cake
me (12:28:57 PM): hands down
her (12:29:27 PM): well i feel like all of our schemes have been preparing me for this, because kevin let me tell you, this has been a VERY hard one to pull off
her (12:29:51 PM): i mean there are just so many angles to consider
me (12:30:02 PM): this NEEDS to be a movie script
her (12:30:08 PM): haha
me (12:30:29 PM): unbelievable
her (12:30:30 PM): i'll happily sit down and tell my story to a screen writer who's willing to listen
me (12:30:55 PM): truly remarkable
me (12:30:57 PM): you have such balls
me (12:31:13 PM): so you really don't want to be a doctor any more though?
her (12:31:23 PM): no...i REALLY dont want to be a doctor
me (12:31:33 PM): why
me (12:31:36 PM): you used to want to
her (12:32:21 PM): yeah i know...but i dont think i ever really did...u know it was so much easier to be in college and say that i was going to be a doctor, cause that got my parents off my back...i was just stupid and never thought it through
me (12:32:53 PM): i feel you
me (12:33:06 PM): so are you planning on showing this invitation to your parents?
her (12:33:19 PM): you know having been a pre-med, i just know that being a doctor would be a struggle for me for the rest of my life...law on the other hand, comes much more easily to me...just fits, u know
me (12:34:01 PM): ya, whatever suits you
me (12:34:18 PM): so if this application process falls through your parents are gonna be chill with the whole law school thing
her (12:34:22 PM): well no, not really, i've been lucky so far and they havent actually asked to see and of the letters or correspondence from schools...but they may be so excited at the prospect of an interview they may want to see it out of happiness or some ****
me (12:34:33 PM): ha
me (12:34:52 PM): a lot of schools call you for an interview
her (12:38:42 PM): i made sure i applied to mostly the best schools so when i got none or maybe one interview, it would believable
her (12:39:10 PM): not that i would have gotten any interviews at the worst schools either with my mcat score
her (12:39:40 PM): anyway, beside the point...so what schools call for an interview
me (12:40:23 PM): umm
me (12:40:28 PM): lets see
me (12:40:33 PM): loyola u in Chicago
me (12:40:50 PM): i mean you could pretend any school does
me (12:40:56 PM): what will they know
me (12:41:04 PM): i have a rejection letter to georgetown you could use
me (12:41:09 PM): change the name and such
her (12:41:18 PM): oh i got my rejection for georgetown
her (12:41:20 PM): lol
her (12:41:37 PM): i've been getting plenty of rejections, apparently you dont need a secondary to get rejected
me (12:41:43 PM): lol
me (12:41:50 PM): ouch
me (12:42:05 PM): you're ****nig hilarious
her (12:42:38 PM): omg...u dont know the half of it, i've really digged my self deep into a hole this time
me (12:42:46 PM): ummm...i can imagine
me (12:42:51 PM): and its about to get way deeper
her (12:42:59 PM): yep...but i'm ready for it
me (12:43:13 PM): you've practiced your whole life for this moment
me (12:43:16 PM): it'll be glorious
her (12:43:21 PM): hahaha

-mota

I truly hope you don't go around posting patients histories like this when you become a doctor. Where is your sense of respect for a person's story. This happens to a lot of kids and it is psychological damaging, but one should not go around making fun of them and deliberately posting private conversations in public forums. They should close this thread.

Caesars0331 said:
And how you talk to her about her situation is pathetic, too.

He seemed supportive and didn't judge, despite her weaknesses. We all get in stupid situations sometimes..and while this one is pretty ridiculous, he lent an ear, which is nice.

Mota, best of luck with your wacky friend!

Wow. I was here once. ....kind of
I dropped out of econ grad school but was too wimpy to tell my mom. Education is HUGE to her. and me "not liking it" would definitely not have been a good enough reason to drop out. but seriously, i knew at the beginning that 5+ years of school plus lifetime in econ was not for me.
But finally, a month or so later, I told her. And she was SO mad. she acted like the world was ending and that she had completely failed as a mother.

she got over it though. and she still loves me :love:

hopefully your friend will just tell her parents. it feels better.

wow.

and money aside, i can't believe she went through with the mcat

Status
Not open for further replies.