the decision i hope i didnt have to make CO vs. temp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grillzdds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you all could give me your two cents on choosing University of Colorado Denver versus. Temple. The cost difference is not big enough to care....Ive lived in both cities.....CO is beautiful and the school is super high tech/brand new, class size 50, boards after first year..etc. Temple has a great rep from what Ive been reading and my fam is in philly....what are your thoughts any advice would help......???????

Members don't see this ad.

That's tough! I've heard people dying to go to Colorado for d-school.... so that makes me curious as to why its a hard decision (besides the family thing).

I think if I got into both, I'd pick Colorado. (as long as you liked it when you visited).

I'd love to go to temple due to their reputation for their clinical strength. The area.... not comparable to Colorado. I've only visited Colorado but it is beautiful!

Only thing Temple may have over CO is the clinical strength due to the area? Guess it depends what is more important to you. :)

Good luck!

Congrats on your acceptances!

1. Do you want smaller class sizes with a more individualized education?
2. Would the technology benefit you?
3. Would family support and being close to them help you significantly?
4. Is one location more intriguing over the other?
5. Where may you like to practice in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they're both great schools. Although I'm not sure how big the patient pool is at CO, I mean I think Denver is a lot more of an affluent area than Philly (just conjecture, never been to either place). Honestly though, if I had the option I would go to CO.

I would go to CO, it has an excellent reputation

Last edited:
Colorado is a lot of people's dream school. They don't take too many OOS that are not involved in WICHE.

the only concern i have is that CO only has an ortho and perio program and if i was fortunate enough to specialize i feel like goining to temple would be an advantage being that they probly take a majority of their own for specialty programs....another words do you think going to CO would create more of an obstacle if i wanted to come back east to apply.....also is there some website that shows board scores?/?/? thanx everyone for the input

To specialize you need good grades and good boards regardless of where you go, your undergrad d-school hardly plays a role. Yes I know some like to take their own but that is besides the point because you have no clue right now if you want to or not. Go where its most comfortable.

In a heart beat I would go to CO

They are both great schools. Depends on many things of course. From what I gather temple is a great school. In part I judge schools on if they interview me. Colorado interviewed me and Temple never got back to me. I know thats not much but I am out of state Colorado and got interviewed and Temple never even said "Hi".

However Colorado is a great school having family close to Temple might be a huge perk. Many things to consider, where do you plan on practicing all those things TJNova2011 said up above. Good Luck!