The Dental Forum Random Thought Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many grains of salt does it take to read the threads on SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

:(:(:( i still dont know..dental hygeine or dentist...i dont knooowww :(:(:(...both have pros and cons....i dont know which i want to be for sure:(

Members don't see this ad :)
:(:(:( i still dont know..dental hygeine or dentist...i dont knooowww :(:(:(...both have pros and cons....i dont know which i want to be for sure:(

why not do dental hygiene first then go back to dental school if you decide you want to? you get a great advantage at having a solid leg up on everyone and you'll get some good expereince with dentistry before even getting into dental school. lots of people take that route and it's a good way to see if it's what you want if you want to make the plunge of going into dental school.

why not do dental hygiene first then go back to dental school if you decide you want to? you get a great advantage at having a solid leg up on everyone and you'll get some good expereince with dentistry before even getting into dental school. lots of people take that route and it's a good way to see if it's what you want if you want to make the plunge of going into dental school.

I agree. I've met people who are dental assistants who want to become dentist. I've also ran into people who used to be hygienist who have become dentists.

I agree. I've met people who are dental assistants who want to become dentist. I've also ran into people who used to be hygienist who have become dentists.

beannaithe and blank guy ...both of you make excellent points...its just that i am graduating soon (1 year) from college (w/ a non-science degree)...i dont wana go to 2 yrs of DH spend all that money only to go to dentistry soon after...its too much $$ and time...know what i mean?! i want to know what i want to do and just do it!

its weird i am so eager to hurry up and finish my schooling....but i dont even know what i want to do. :thumbdown:.

i wish the word "surgeon" in oral-maxillofacial surgeon was a different word that started with the letter "g"... the abbreviation would be so much cooler

Stumbled across this gem today at work. Gotta love the stereotypical tag line that reads "The Doc says flossin is really good, tell all the boys down in the hood."

http://hiphopdentistry.com/

I hate email forwards, I get them all the time and automatically delete them. But for some reason one day I decided to forward this one that I got:

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence..... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' Something good will happen to you today. Something that you have been waiting to hear. This is not a joke; someone will call you by phone or will spe ak to you about something that you were waiting to hear. Do not break! Send it to a minimum of 7 people......... JUST DO IT!

I got a call less than 3 hours later from the dean of admissions of my dental school telling me I got in :soexcited:

I still don't believe in email forwards though

I hate email forwards, I get them all the time and automatically delete them. But for some reason one day I decided to forward this one that I got:

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence..... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' Something good will happen to you today. Something that you have been waiting to hear. This is not a joke; someone will call you by phone or will spe ak to you about something that you were waiting to hear. Do not break! Send it to a minimum of 7 people......... JUST DO IT!

I got a call less than 3 hours later from the dean of admissions of my dental school telling me I got in :soexcited:

I still don't believe in email forwards though

Congrats :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I still hate my mother in-law !!! :diebanana:

I hate junk mail. :beat::boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
its gonna suck as a giants/yankee fan living in boston and why arent these brokers calling me back; is it my jersey accent

its gonna suck as a giants/yankee fan living in boston and why arent these brokers calling me back; is it my jersey accent

It's gonna suck for me going to a place with no basketball and baseball teams. :thumbdown: The football team sucks and the hockey team well is not that great either. :sleep:

The Silver Bullet is a good and relatively cheap beer.

Looking forward to the monotony of life in D-school, especially the same drive (hopefully short) to school everyday simply cuz I'm tired of crying every time I fill my cars up when we go places. My wife's car is a Honda Pilot and the last fill up was a little over a hundred bucks!!!! :eek:

You wanna become a dentist and marry a hot hygienist. Or the other way round. You will always be glad to have made the choice that u did. :D

You wanna become a dentist and marry a hot hygienist. Or the other way round. You will always be glad to have made the choice that u did. :D

Lol, you remind me of my family dentist. He is a 37 year old guy. A very cool dentist, with tons of knowlege about anything [say human anatomy, physiology and even physics]. He inspired me to consider dentistry as a career. I shadowed him for a couple of years, and never saw a patient leave his office without a smile. He is extremely proficient in approaching children and patients at different ages. Oh and your post reminded me of him, becuase he always has a lot of chicks around him:laugh:. They won't leave him alone! He does not give them a damn though. I love that guy! We are like best friends.

lol....marry a hot hygenist? well not many male hygenist around bet ay i will keep my eye out for him. :D

wouldn't it be great if u could drink all the beer u wanted and never get a beer gut.

its really DUMB that graduations occur before grades are FINALIZED. That's unfair. Because if you have honors and you f' up your grades you still get to be showcased as honors and if you are going to get honors but dont have it until they finalize all grades then you dont get to show your honors. Why dont they just have priority in finalizing grades of those graduating?! urgggg. :mad:

Soda getting kids fat one kid at time.

those lounge forum people have some mental issues :(. and i so dont mean that in a mean way.

A friend of mine was recently accepted to dental school, and I wanted to get him a nice gift. Is there anything that you would suggest? Like a book or something that helped any of you through dental school?

Thanks

I'm very depressed… at times it feels like I made mistake coming to dental school. Feels like I am being suffocated…. Tired of schooling already!!!!!!!! Is it only me? Or maybe anyone else feels the same about dental school? :oops::oops::confused:

I’m very depressed… at times it feels like I made mistake coming to dental school. Feels like I am being suffocated…. Tired of schooling already!!!!!!!! Is it only me? Or maybe anyone else feels the same about dental school? :oops::oops::confused:

just you

j/k we all feel like that at times.

I’m very depressed… at times it feels like I made mistake coming to dental school. Feels like I am being suffocated…. Tired of schooling already!!!!!!!! Is it only me? Or maybe anyone else feels the same about dental school? :oops::oops::confused:

I feel ya... there's good days and bad days

I second that (except the mistake part). . .I know I want to be a dentist, but I burned out on bio by the time I was a junior in undergrad. 2 more years of upper level bio being shoved down my throat in d-school is just obnoxious. I'd like to remember eruption times and other relevent material, but TCA cycle and gluconeogenesis are choking that stuff out.

:bullcrap:On the bright side, now when my patients ask me whether phosphofructokinase 2 stimulates or inhibits fructose-2,6-bisphosphate, I won't sound stupid. That's a common question directed at dentists right?. . .