Stacker

n = 1
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2009
Status
My dentist graduated from Georgetown Dental school which was closed years ago due to financial cuts.

A dentist is a dentist, so would it matter if I use him as my possible recommender even though he graduated from Georgetown? Never-mind I think I know the answer.

The dentist also did not know how to type (keyboard-wise). Does this affect my recommendation possibility?

Aug 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
my "dentist" letter also went to a dental school that is now closed. hasn't seemed to be a problem yet, but i'll let you know for sure on december 1st :)

peanutb123

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
My dentist graduated from Georgetown Dental school which was closed years ago due to financial cuts.

A dentist is a dentist, so would it matter if I use him as my possible recommender even though he graduated from Georgetown? Never-mind I think I know the answer.

The dentist also did not know how to type (keyboard-wise). Does this affect my recommendation possibility?

your dentist might be old but no ******ed, he went to school in US he will be able to write. Ofcourse he will write what ever he wants after all he is the one writing.

Ask him and let him know couple months ahead

minoh87

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
why would that be a problem?? i mean im sure your dentist is very well capable of showing you what it is like to be a dentist... and im sure he can also evaluate if you have certain qualities that the schools are looking for as well.. i dont think school that your dentist attended doesnt really matter...
kinda weird that he cant type tho lol.

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
It would be OK unless he is the reason Georgetown shut down.

camshaft

Loves mucosal tissue
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
As Charlotte said, I believe the answer to your problems involves lasers.

But yes, Georgetown closing doesn't make him an un-dentist. Don't worry about it.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist

No... you have to use a dentist who went to a top dental school (all those in-state DSs aren't acceptable.) They must come from Harvard, Columbia, or UCLA (fine, U of Michigan too) but thats it.

Dusk

5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Dental Student
you have a ginormous avatar op. I'm jealous.
is that representative of your..?.. nvm