The dentist I shadow is from Georgetown Dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stacker

n = 1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dentist graduated from Georgetown Dental school which was closed years ago due to financial cuts.

A dentist is a dentist, so would it matter if I use him as my possible recommender even though he graduated from Georgetown? Never-mind I think I know the answer.

The dentist also did not know how to type (keyboard-wise). Does this affect my recommendation possibility?

Members don't see this ad.

my "dentist" letter also went to a dental school that is now closed. hasn't seemed to be a problem yet, but i'll let you know for sure on december 1st :)

My dentist graduated from Georgetown Dental school which was closed years ago due to financial cuts.

A dentist is a dentist, so would it matter if I use him as my possible recommender even though he graduated from Georgetown? Never-mind I think I know the answer.

The dentist also did not know how to type (keyboard-wise). Does this affect my recommendation possibility?

your dentist might be old but no ******ed, he went to school in US he will be able to write. Ofcourse he will write what ever he wants after all he is the one writing.

Ask him and let him know couple months ahead

Members don't see this ad :)
why would that be a problem?? i mean im sure your dentist is very well capable of showing you what it is like to be a dentist... and im sure he can also evaluate if you have certain qualities that the schools are looking for as well.. i dont think school that your dentist attended doesnt really matter...
kinda weird that he cant type tho lol.

It would be OK unless he is the reason Georgetown shut down.

As Charlotte said, I believe the answer to your problems involves lasers.

But yes, Georgetown closing doesn't make him an un-dentist. Don't worry about it.

As Charlotte said, I believe the answer to your problems involves lasers.

But yes, Georgetown closing doesn't make him an un-dentist. Don't worry about it.

i think he got it, 7 months ago

No... you have to use a dentist who went to a top dental school (all those in-state DSs aren't acceptable.) They must come from Harvard, Columbia, or UCLA (fine, U of Michigan too) but thats it.

you have a ginormous avatar op. I'm jealous.
is that representative of your..?.. nvm